Status
Not open for further replies.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I think it's weird that with all the cameras and surveillance and increased police presence and what not that the authorities have never actually seen any of the massive brick deliveries happen.

I got $20 bucks on honeypot
Considering they have been using predator drones to monitor the protest, you would think they would have seen this by now.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Is there an explanation for the child cops yet?

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
It's not OK when either side do it.

However the idea it's somehow OK to try and run over one group of cops because some other group of cops abused their position isn't right either.
Don't lie to us and pretend you're concerned about the violence the police commit, when the only info you've been sharing is anything that is suggestive of leftwing violence.
Abuse of power against the powerless is one of mankind's greatest evils, defending those who abuse power is sickening. People fighting back against organised state-sanctioned abuse of power is not equivalent.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Is there an explanation for the child cops yet?
From what I read, they were not children, just short adults:

I am short though as well. While standing next to tall people, I look like a little kid too, so I understand all too well. I had a 9 year old think I was a 12 year old so it can be pretty funny sometimes when it is not just annoying.

Last edited:

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
This is just a constant mess.

Fieldy409

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
Australia
Well either round the country a lot of places are doing the same OP or there's a lot of people in Red and Black very interested in making sure people know there are bricks and people can have and carry bricks......

Here's More Bricks

Also the other 2nd tweet video shows people have been going round in a car handing out bricks.

More photos of Brick turning up

Just quoting this so I could have another look.The bricks aren't stacked right and theres no pallet. You are supposed to alternate directions in a stack of bricks every level so as to make it harder for them to fall over, criss crossing them means no giant fault lines where all the gaps align. Those were likely not put there by delivery guys or with any kind of crane but hastily unpacked by hand by some labourers who never got taught how to stack them right.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
They may also be part of the New York Police Union that took DeBlasio’s daughter hostage. Can we talk more about the fact that cops took a mayor’s daughter hostage then declared war on him and blacked out all of their badges, in real life and on their twitter profiles?
Was that the guy whose daughter was arrested along with some Looters?

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Was that the guy whose daughter was arrested along with some Looters?
They were arrested, but her crime was “throwing a rock” so I doubt the group was looting.
Edit- she was blocking traffic and the article I found mentions throwing shit and torching some cop cars. There had not yet been any declared curfew. No looting mentioned with that crowd. Seems the group was largely peaceful.

Last edited:

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
You know whose been really busy during the Coronavirus? Family courts, because a lot of parents pretend they can claim that their exes places is a terrible place to quarantine in.
And it's a real shame, because family courts are normally such enjoyable places.

Oh, and the protest in my city seems to have gone off without anyone being harmed or anything burned down. So that's nice.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I think it's weird that with all the cameras and surveillance and increased police presence and what not that the authorities have never actually seen any of the massive brick deliveries happen.

I got $20 bucks on honeypot
It's alleged to happen early morning like between 2 am and 5 am depending on circumstances.

Considering they have been using predator drones to monitor the protest, you would think they would have seen this by now.
It's happening after the streets are clear of everyone early morning alledgedly.

Don't lie to us and pretend you're concerned about the violence the police commit, when the only info you've been sharing is anything that is suggestive of leftwing violence.
Abuse of power against the powerless is one of mankind's greatest evils, defending those who abuse power is sickening. People fighting back against organised state-sanctioned abuse of power is not equivalent.
Because other people here have already shared most of the examples of police overstepping so far...........

I don't support those attacking cops thinking they're fighting back. 1 cop has already been murdered (shot) on Friday and from that footage I posted you got to see 2 officers injured 1 likely seriously thanks to some-one running over their car.

You're not "fighting corrupt cops" by indiscriminately targeting any and all cops.

I don't support cops attacking peaceful protesters either.

Just quoting this so I could have another look.The bricks aren't stacked right and theres no pallet. You are supposed to alternate directions in a stack of bricks every level so as to make it harder for them to fall over, criss crossing them means no giant fault lines where all the gaps align. Those were likely not put there by delivery guys or with any kind of crane but hastily unpacked by hand by some labourers who never got taught how to stack them right.
Ah that does say something then.

Dunno if this helps but some-one is claiming the bricks were Acme brand (yes I know same name as in cartoon, but it could be a real company / brand)

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
It's alleged to happen early morning like between 2 am and 5 am depending on circumstances.

It's happening after the streets are clear of everyone early morning alledgedly.

Because other people here have already shared most of the examples of police overstepping so far...........

I don't support those attacking cops thinking they're fighting back. 1 cop has already been murdered (shot) on Friday and from that footage I posted you got to see 2 officers injured 1 likely seriously thanks to some-one running over their car.

You're not "fighting corrupt cops" by indiscriminately targeting any and all cops.

I don't support cops attacking peaceful protesters either.

Ah that does say something then.

Dunno if this helps but some-one is claiming the bricks were Acme brand (yes I know same name as in cartoon, but it could be a real company / brand)
Yes, lol it is a real brand. I had ACME bricks on my old house.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Yes, lol it is a real brand. I had ACME bricks on my old house.
Well that's some information. If it's worth anything though who knows.

Also another hit and run on a police officer

Not as serious as the other one but the officer does seemingly end up being taken into a support vehicle likely to get medical assistance.

Also asshole cop on about beating the crap out of people, hopefully meaning it to try to get people to go home not being serious

and 4 Police officer have been shot at

Last edited:

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
That shooting was pretty separate from the protests, though it’s entirely possible the shooters went on to join the protests that were ongoing. Article’s I’ve read state there was no ongoing protest at the building itself. Also he was Department of Homeland Security.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
More attempts to blatantly violate the constitution.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
George Floyd's Brother has called for peaceful protesting only.

Police Cruiser set on fire and Police pelted with fireworks

MSNBC reporter hit with Rioter firework while live blames Seattle Police who were behind her for firework thrown at her front where he rioters wre.

Another Police officer beaten

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
This is how they kill rioters in foreign countries. This is attempted murder.

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Humanity likes to think it is so far beyond the animals we once were but we really are not.
You realise we are communicating abstract concepts using language right now.

But if you feel closer to the animals. Maybe go live with them and see how that goes for you.

If you don't think humanity can turn violent easily you've not seen some of the bar brawls break out I have lol. Or run into the kinds of people who like to fight for the sake of picking a fight.
I've been very open, on these forums, about the kinds of violence I've been subjected to in my life. I've been put in hospital several times. Friends of mine have been knifed and attacked with bricks. I can't go a week without hearing about some member of my community being beaten up in public, or attacked with acid, or murdered.

When I talk about the violence inherent in the system, I mean it because I've seen it. It's not mindless, animal violence, it's deliberate and calculated. Like crushing a person's neck for over a minute after they lose consciousness. I don't particularly care about people fighting in bars for fun. I care about what those people do to their partners or kids when they need to keep them in line. What they do when they encounter the "wrong kind" of person who they know doesn't have the clout or privilege to fight back.

Even if you believe that humans are inherently violent, the fact remains that the way humans direct and express violence isn't random. It has political aims and political ends. Racist violence isn't random, it serves the political purpose of keeping black people afraid and politically disenfranchised, of cultivating indifference or lack of empathy towards black people's suffering, and ultimately of preserving a social order where some people are systematically denied opportunities so that they can be forced to do shit-work for no money. There is no such thing as benevolent authoritarianism, or a benevolent hierarchy. There are only relative degrees of violence.

People are objecting to non lethal rounds being used (not merely the miss use of them). This should be seen as the Police trying somewhat.
I don't think you've really thought about what "non-lethal rounds" are.

A beanbag round is a lead slug inside a padded cushion. It is fired from a standard shotgun and leaves the barrel at 90 meters per second. It is trivial to kill or permanently injure someone with a beanbag round. A hit to the neck can collapse the windpipe or shatter the vertebrae, a hit to the face can shatter the nose, cause permanent blindness or disfigurement, or even crack the skull. A hit to the ribs can break the ribs and drive bone shrapnel into the heart or lungs.

The journalist who was hit by pepperballs in that video a few pages back (the one who shouted "I've been shot!"). It turns out, she was also hit in the face by a marking round, which burst one of her eyeballs. She is now permanently blind in one eye, and will have facial scars for life.

These are less lethal rounds, meaning just that. They are less lethal than high velocity penetrating ammunition, but firing them indiscriminately into a crowd (or at journalists) can injure or kill people quite easily.

Last edited:

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
You realise we are communicating abstract concepts using language right now.

But if you feel closer to the animals. Maybe go live with them and see how that goes for you.
You realise some-one is probably reading this with one hand occupied and a different tab open on another screen right?

Even if you believe that humans are inherently violent, the fact remains that the way humans direct and express violence isn't random. It has political aims and political ends. Racist violence isn't random, it serves the political purpose of keeping black people afraid and politically disenfranchised, of cultivating indifference or lack of empathy towards black people's suffering, and ultimately of preserving a social order where some people are systematically denied opportunities so that they can be forced to do shit-work for no money. There is no such thing as benevolent authoritarianism, or a benevolent hierarchy. There are only relative degrees of violence.
Animal packs often fight one another in the wild. It's part of the ancient tribal nature of humanity too and to be clear this isn't specific to one race or another.People do form tribes and groups and attack other tribes and groups they see as enemies. All the time, sometimes after Sportball games.

I don't think you've really thought about what "non-lethal rounds" are.

A beanbag round is a lead slug inside a padded cushion. It is fired from a standard shotgun and leaves the barrel at 90 meters per second. It is trivial to kill or permanently injure someone with a beanbag round. A hit to the neck can collapse the windpipe or shatter the vertebrae, a hit to the face can shatter the nose, cause permanent blindness or disfigurement, or even crack the skull. A hit to the ribs can break the ribs and drive bone shrapnel into the heart or lungs. Rubber bullets are similar, they have a lower muzzle velocity but a higher risk of penetration due to their small size. They can and do kill people, or cause permanent injury.
Well until we develop self contained taser round it seems to be either those options or the lethal ones. Or just drive a few tanks at them (which I'd imagine would go down badly)

The journalist who was hit by pepperballs in that video a few pages back (the one who shouted "I've been shot!"). It turns out, she was also hit in the face by a marking round, which burst one of her eyeballs. She is now permanently blind in one eye, and will have facial scars for life.
Still probably preferable to dead though.

These are less lethal rounds, meaning just that. They are less lethal than high velocity penetrating ammunition, but firing them indiscriminately into a crowd (or at journalists) can injure or kill people quite easily.
Which is part of the problem they should be used correctly but aren't.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Removing any high ground they had over the burning basement nice and fast. Honestly more upset at this than the fire. A building’s a building but this is gassing church leaders while they were trying to serve their community so you could take a damn photo.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
You realise some-one is probably reading this with one hand occupied and a different tab open on another screen right?
Do animals type one handed?

I didn't know they could type.

Animal packs often fight one another in the wild. It's part of the ancient tribal nature of humanity too and to be clear this isn't specific to one race or another.People do form tribes and groups and attack other tribes and groups they see as enemies. All the time, sometimes after Sportball games.
For the vast majority of human (well, hominid) history, there is little to no evidence that humans fought each other at all. The population was extremely low, human groups were very small and the potential damage humans could inflict on each other with crude weapons was very high, so there was no evolutionary advantage to humans killing each other. Humans also didn't have many possessions which were worth the risk of raiding or stealing for.

The emergence of violence and conflict between humans seems to be linked to both expanding populations and increasing intelligence, but even then it seems to have remained sporadic until humans began to form permanent settlements. Permanent settlements meant more resources which could be raided or stolen, and the greater rewards for an attacker began to outweigh the risks.

In short, there was never a period where humans were compelled by their natural instincts to fight each other. Early humans fought each other over resources, and even then only when the rewards of fighting outweighed the risk of injury or death. From the very beginning, human violence was linked to our intelligence, problem solving ability and complex social structure, not to our bestial savage nature.

Still probably preferable to dead though.
Is that the standard we're applying for what counts as tolerable or legitimate violence now?

Which is part of the problem they should be used correctly but aren't.
They shouldn't be used in this situation at all.

Reactions: Buyetyen
Status
Not open for further replies.