E3-2021 MEGATHREAD!!!

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I'm so torn on that game. On one hand its lovely and I would love to play it again. On the other, they really really need to change the exp system since that kept me from beating the last boss. You get an ai/player controlled helper but you level up by collecting crystals, the ai won't collect crystals so it will always be much much lower level then you unless you manually control it to actually collect the damn things. I would really hope they would change that so exp just pooled or got shared or something.
Sadly no such changes, personally my big problem is that if you try to do all quest you will have to go trough the same dungeon over and over and over again which gets really old, they've included a encounter off option which is a band aid fix but at least that'll help (I would have preferred a speed up 2x-4x).

As for exp, did the golem party member need exp or were they entirely dependent on what material you put in them? I remember mostly ditching NPC party member since they'd usually die within a second if fight starting later on.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Me personally, it sounds silly as I don't understand what can be different from what was done before. Everybody streamed and reacted fine and nothing was a problem for either parties. At least they give a heads up. I still feel this as Nintendo being overcontrolling. Unless they have a whole bunch of license music that can't be streamed, they literally are losing nothing from people co-streaming or reacting. Because I'm sure there will be a point where content creators won't be able to do post streaming reaction.
This isn't new though. I've been watching people stream their live reactions without actually showing the stream itself for years now. This is also not much different from having to get your own copy of a movie for riftrax or watchalongs either.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This isn't new though. I've been watching people stream their live reactions without actually showing the stream itself for years now. This is also not much different from having to get your own copy of a movie for riftrax or watchalongs either.
I don't watch every single streamer, so I can't comment on that. But it doesn't matter if it's not new. I don't like it, and it's over controlling and Nintendo being overbearing again. They're trying to control everything and are so ass backwards about it. As much as I hate ea, ubisoft, and Bethesda, they don't pull this crap off. Hell, it's free marketing and publicity for them, so they want all their reactions they can get. The same applies to Sony and Microsoft too. If any of them tried any of that, they'll be a lot more people complaining and being louder about it compared to Nintendo.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Sadly no such changes, personally my big problem is that if you try to do all quest you will have to go trough the same dungeon over and over and over again which gets really old, they've included a encounter off option which is a band aid fix but at least that'll help (I would have preferred a speed up 2x-4x).

As for exp, did the golem party member need exp or were they entirely dependent on what material you put in them? I remember mostly ditching NPC party member since they'd usually die within a second if fight starting later on.
They needed exp since they would die within a second without leveling. They were really useful to have if they could hang on, but unless they were player controlled then they were worthless just because they would be really really underleveled.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
They putting Tekken characters in Smash now. Alright then.

The trailer was funny though. Gotta get it credit.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Life is Cringe I mean strange is coming to switch. Why do story-driven games seem so appropriate on Switch? Is that just me?

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Looks like Super Monkey Ball is back. I completely forgot this series existed, so it's rather welcoming for me

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Oh it's a real metroid game, and it's coming soon. That should make some people happy as fuck.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Huh, a new Wario game? I never realized how long it's been since we saw a game starring him

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I will give Nintendo credit for showing stuff that is mostly coming very very soon. Which is how E3 should be instead of all these announcements for shit that is still years away.