E3-2021 MEGATHREAD!!!

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
How dare you expect them to show new games at a games industry event! :)
to be fair, I do think that Covid seriously fucked this year up a lot. So coming out the backside of this pandemic means that companies don't have a lot of progress to show for games that are still early development. With the exception of Microsoft, everyone else showcased only shit that would launch fairly soon.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Yeah, Speaking of Pricing, anyone want to take bets what these will be sold for?

If I were doing this, I'd offer all 6 games in a bundle for $40(or maybe $60 to keep the suits happy) because then the customer can justify paying $10 a game and the suits can see $60 units. Sell for $10-$15 individually.

However, I don't work for SE so they'll probably price them at $20 a game at minimum. Which will suck because the ports of 3, 4, 5 and 6 are currently selling for $16 on steam.
Well legend of mana is being re release this month with very minimal changes to it and it's 30$
so I'd say 20-25$ seems like the most likely outcomes, with maybe a bundle at 80$.

Reactions: Dalisclock

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Both Max and Simmons called this in their video together. They predict the same thing will happen with Nintendo.
Nintendo at least has some stuff that has been previously announced that could potentially see more info on. Things like Breath of the Wild 2 and Metroid 4 or Bayonetta 3. All of which had been revealed years ago at this point and even through Covid could at least have something for them, hopefully release windows for people long waiting.

Capcom had just dropped a couple big releases in RE8 and MHRise. So it was a tall order to hope for any kind of big reveal on them tbh. It's probably why Square Enix didn't unveil anything new.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Given the last few days I'm expecting an underwhelming Direct. I'm guessing
-Skyward Sword: They'll show it far too long for a game we already know which eats up the runtime
-BOTW 2: Something very, very, very brief rather than something substancial.
-A new Smash rep
-Splatoon 3

And that's it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I already watched the video
And now you'll never have to watch it again.

Given the last few days I'm expecting an underwhelming Direct. I'm guessing
-Skyward Sword: They'll show it far too long for a game we already know which eats up the runtime
-BOTW 2: Something very, very, very brief rather than something substancial.
-A new Smash rep
-Splatoon 3

And that's it.
It seems my conversation has had an effect on you.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I mean it's fine as a game, but the look doesn't feel.... halo? Like, the older gamers had the dark and gritty aesthetic, but starting with Halo 4 it started to get more colorful and vibrant. Also, the blood that used to splatter all over floors and walls are no longer present.
Its super weird how often this complaint shows up and how often its bullshit. I remember a lot of people whining about the colofulness of Dawn of War 2 then Dawn of War 3. What is with people suddenly wanting to go back to the days of grey/brown military shooters in game series that were always colorful?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Well legend of mana is being re release this month with very minimal changes to it and it's 30$
so I'd say 20-25$ seems like the most likely outcomes, with maybe a bundle at 80$.
I'm so torn on that game. On one hand its lovely and I would love to play it again. On the other, they really really need to change the exp system since that kept me from beating the last boss. You get an ai/player controlled helper but you level up by collecting crystals, the ai won't collect crystals so it will always be much much lower level then you unless you manually control it to actually collect the damn things. I would really hope they would change that so exp just pooled or got shared or something.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Oh wow....well this sounds reasonable
Me personally, it sounds silly as I don't understand what can be different from what was done before. Everybody streamed and reacted fine and nothing was a problem for either parties. At least they give a heads up. I still feel this as Nintendo being overcontrolling. Unless they have a whole bunch of license music that can't be streamed, they literally are losing nothing from people co-streaming or reacting. Because I'm sure there will be a point where content creators won't be able to do post streaming reaction.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock