Some good music.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
@Mister Mumbler brought up DJ Shadow in another thread, and for those who don’t know, Endtroducing….. is a brilliant album. It was made with minimal equipment, almost entirely consisting of samples from Vinyl records, and has since gone on to be one of the most iconic albums of electronic music from the ‘90s. I see the album cover, and I’m 18 again. This track never ceases to amaze me, like, if it comes on, you’ve gotta give a minute; shut up until it’s over. I can’t recall the number of times I went for walks in the snow with my Discman and headphones with this track playing and I just felt removed from the world, watching it from a distance.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Found this small band on the Watch Dogs Legion soundtrack and am really digging the drums make me wanna go crazy, but not a lot of other music I can find of theirs yet unfortunately

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
This is an 8-bit remix of Don't Fear the Reaper that I heard at the end of Spoony's Ripper Let's Play.

I kind of like it, but I wonder if the composer really understands the concept of timing or beat.
They should have used this in Prey!

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
To date my very favorite execution of breakbeat, jungle, whatever you want to call it. It’s the beast being unleashed. It’s one of very few tracks I’ve played for the uninitiated that caught their ears enough for them to ask questions like “who/what is this?” Yes, there’s a world of music out there that isn’t on the radio. A particular favorite was my my ex's friend, a weed man, riding in my back seat a decade ago, after the relatively gentle intro: "That shit is fucking goin' hard!"

Offworlder

Elite Member
Jan 31, 2021
Country
Australia
To date my very favorite execution of breakbeat, jungle, whatever you want to call it. It’s the beast being unleashed. It’s one of very few tracks I’ve played for the uninitiated that caught their ears enough for them to ask questions like “who/what is this?” Yes, there’s a world of music out there that isn’t on the radio. A particular favorite was my my ex's friend, a weed man, riding in my back seat a decade ago, after the relatively gentle intro: "That shit is fucking goin' hard!"

90's Euro IDM is something else man.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
@Mister Mumbler brought up DJ Shadow in another thread, and for those who don’t know, Endtroducing….. is a brilliant album. It was made with minimal equipment, almost entirely consisting of samples from Vinyl records, and has since gone on to be one of the most iconic albums of electronic music from the ‘90s. I see the album cover, and I’m 18 again. This track never ceases to amaze me, like, if it comes on, you’ve gotta give a minute; shut up until it’s over. I can’t recall the number of times I went for walks in the snow with my Discman and headphones with this track playing and I just felt removed from the world, watching it from a distance.

Yeah that kind of reminds me of the story behind Beastie Boy's album Paul's Boutique. It was composed with the guys who were the Dust Brothers, and I recall someone saying that the album literally could not be made today, due to the various copyright laws for music for sampling, that just didn't exist yet.

Offworlder

Elite Member
Jan 31, 2021
Country
Australia
Yeah that kind of reminds me of the story behind Beastie Boy's album Paul's Boutique. It was composed with the guys who were the Dust Brothers, and I recall someone saying that the album literally could not be made today, due to the various copyright laws for music for sampling, that just didn't exist yet.

A lot of hip hop from the 90's in like that. It was a sampling free for all until tighter laws came in after 2000. Guys like them and The Bomb Squad pretty much just took what they wanted and turned it into a beat. A sampling masterpiece though, they worked on Beck's more hip hop inspired albums too.

Some Bomb Squad:

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
I'm on a freakin' binge at the moment...

Say hello to the one of the very few contrapuntal harpsichord maniacs of the Escapist. -_____-'

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

The channel this song is on is like some indie retro bank lost library of Alexandria - until I heard this stuff I didn’t know I wanted it.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
This is sooo cutting edge. If you are old!
My god, that song. I honestly forgot about that one until I hit play. My brain was like "..Hinder....that name sounds familiar...but, the song name isn't ringing any bells...." *click* "....oh...oh god....oh no...that's going to be in my head all day now!"

Reactions: gorfias

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Really getting into fancy distinguishable percussion in otherwise chill music lately, but somewhat tricky to come across. Couple o' recent tracks

and

have the right idea, but the artists' other work unfortunately doesn't even come close. Always open for suggestions if there's any floating about of course.

Last edited:

Offworlder

Elite Member
Jan 31, 2021
Country
Australia
Back in lockdown, so of course been listening to some tunes:

Last edited:

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Was watching Idle break down his most iconic roles when I remembered that this gem exists,