Funny events in anti-woke world

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
My favorite is probably the guy with the Legoshi Beastars avatar complaining about the school setting, like the entire first story arc/two anime seasons of Beastars isn't set in a weird high-school, university setting.
Yeah but that's a chinese cartoon, not my super serious D&D settings that have never ever had anything silly in them.

Never.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Hey I brought it up on first page, but I do chat a lot of shit so is understandable ppl tune out of it most the time 😬😉vv

To add to this farce, here is a pastor who tried courting the qanon crowd, only to make the mistake of posting a photo of his daughter wearing red shoes...a sign in qanon circles that you are a member of the child trafficking blood drinking elite cabal;

And the new "Freedom phone" being sold for $500 for anyone who, umm...wants to avoid social media censorship or something? I don't fully understand the sales pitch, but we do know it's a truly dumb grift using a shit Chinese $100 Android phone with astoundingly bad security:

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/freedom-phone-security-issues/

Reactions: Trunkage

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Freedom Phone... my god, is it something in America's water supply that breeds this kind of ... idiot?
Not the water supply, it's the churches brainwashing them into thinking their chosen by their god, and that america is some religious icon for the world, and they are both champions of faith, and champions of democracy and freedom. But, given that shit starts getting shoveled down their throats as a child, I guess you could say it's "in the water"

Reactions: Kyrian007

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Well you can always offer an actual reason as to why in response to talking about death threats and libel people kept bringing up regular criticism? Why did people do that again? As I said either endorsement of said conflation or attempted deflection to shift the topic to people on the attack against cancel culture to having to defend against bullshit allegations which by the way would be pretty serious allegation in of themselves to claim people want to ban criticism.
It's quite clear it's because a lot of your criticism and condemnation were not solely targeted towards people making threats or acting abusive.

The fact remains: several times posters explicitly defended criticism. In response you falsely accused them of condoning abuse and death threats.

I'm completely uninterested in why you think your opponents' arguments justified you making false accusations.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Freedom Phone... my god, is it something in America's water supply that breeds this kind of ... idiot?

Good on the person who is "making" and selling that device for fleecing redcaps though. Wish I had the means to set up similar scams, I'd be swimming in money by now.
I think the problem is that you just wouldn't treat people like that. Scamming isn't a natural state of humans

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I think the problem is that you just wouldn't treat people like that. Scamming isn't a natural state of humans
It's not necessarily scamming. In some cases it's just delusional overenthusiasm: someone is so driven that they don't stop to realise that compromises to make their vision happen turn it into a de facto failure.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
It's not necessarily scamming. In some cases it's just delusional overenthusiasm: someone is so driven that they don't stop to realise that compromises to make their vision happen turn it into a de facto failure.
Ah, Gisela Stuart Syndrome.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Fox news, railing against all covid mitigation responses including and especially vaccine passports, now introduces their own brand of vaccine passport:

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Fox news, railing against all covid mitigation responses including and especially vaccine passports, now introduces their own brand of vaccine passport:

...wait...so a "news" station, is now apparently authorized to make medical claims for the general public, and provide "valid" documentation, that is legally binding, and will prevent people from suffering penalties for falsifying documentation about vaccinations during a global pandemic?

...sure, ok yeah, that sounds totally legit. Did those chucklefucks just wake up yesterday and say "fuck it, I'm going to be the CDC from now on!" ??

Fucking ridiculous.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
...wait...so a "news" station, is now apparently authorized to make medical claims for the general public, and provide "valid" documentation, that is legally binding, and will prevent people from suffering penalties for falsifying documentation about vaccinations during a global pandemic?
As far as I can tell, this document is only for people working for Fox and only applies to covid policies at Fox locations. Also worth noting, this was done by Fox Corporation, which is a bit bigger and broader than just Fox News.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
As far as I can tell, this document is only for people working for Fox and only applies to covid policies at Fox locations. Also worth noting, this was done by Fox Corporation, which is a bit bigger and broader than just Fox News.
Still hilarious.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Still hilarious.
Honestly, it isn't hilarious. A company having internal policies of vaccination is a very different thing than a government or larger organization certifying people to not be ostracized from society. People don't want to be threatened or manipulated, so the idea of a vaccine passport that you'd need to carry around to live normally has honestly done more damage to the vaccination movement than any misinformation any anti-vaxxer has ever said. If you tell people they have to do something or else, they push back twice as hard. They say "you're not the boss of me". That's different for employment, because they are the boss of them.