A Formal Thread about Activision/Blizzard

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
THANK YOU!

Finally action. Why isn't this done more often in the video game industry?!

Film companies had far more strikes/protests then this. Please let this be the first of many in video games companies.
Because protected industrial action is not a right many (if any) American workers have; that’s why. Their employers hold them hostage via their paycheques.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
THANK YOU!

Finally action. Why isn't this done more often in the video game industry?!

Film companies had far more strikes/protests then this. Please let this be the first of many in video games companies.
At most developers, you usually get fired after you finished your job. That could be well before the product is even finished. It's hard to develop comdradaire when your job is so volitile

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Then their cause is a failure if they cannot make that sacrifice.

Change cannot come without blood and pain.
Literally 4 pages ago the thing you were unhappy about was the fact that no one would want to play WoW with you.

Fuck you life.

I just want to play Wrath of the Lich King Official Server, and fill a hole in my life since I've missed out on it.

Was that too much to ask? Now it will never happen and no one will play with me if it does.

Fuck you Life.
Where's your sacrifice? You're at your keyboard complaining that people aren't ready to ride or die and give up their jobs and you aren't even willing to give up your video game.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Where's your sacrifice? You're at your keyboard complaining that people aren't ready to ride or die and give up their jobs and you aren't even willing to give up your video game.
Not to mention the seemingly large amount of frustration that people weren't mobilizing in a time frame that was considered acceptable

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Literally 4 pages ago the thing you were unhappy about was the fact that no one would want to play WoW with you.

Well, you see, other people giving up their livelihoods and possibly visiting ruination on their families is one thing. But him having to give up a video game? INJUSTICE!

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private

Initial venting of ranting of frustration. I've always knew that a strike is necessary. And I was angry at the people that caused this whole problem to happen as in the people being investigated

Because of those Cosby group assholes that now I may never see a Wrath server for a long time if at all. This strike and lawsuit better get rid of them and make everything better for the innocent common worker.

After that who knows if it will eventually happen since its beyond my control

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
So 'ol Bobby hired a lawfirm called WilmerHale to review Actiblizz' policies and ensure it "promotes a respectful and inclusive workplace."
That name rung a bell, I'd heard it before in conjunction with another beloved tech company and well ...

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
So 'ol Bobby hired a lawfirm called WilmerHale to review Actiblizz' policies and ensure it "promotes a respectful and inclusive workplace."
That name rung a bell, I'd heard it before in conjunction with another beloved tech company and well ...
WilmerHale, one of these anti-union firms. WilmerHale’s work brazenly suppressing unions and her affiliation with a monopolist like Amazon render their close relationship deeply concerning...
🤔 Indeed. 🤔

Reactions: BrawlMan

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Of course he's trying to prevent unionization, Production must flow with the slav--

I mean employees

Last edited:

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
If the allegations are true, or if they at least have enough evidence, they shouldn't be brining a lawsuit, they should be bringing criminal charges.
Por que no los dos?

Letting employees play dare games where you had to grab unsuspecting colleagues genitrals for... laughs I suppose... is fucked up. Hundreds of men have been harrassed like this
There's your problem - you need victims that are women, preferably attractive women before anyone really cares.

The George Floyd protesters didn't wait days till protesting began. As soon as that video of him on the ground came out, everyone was on the streets in a matter of half a day!
...and burning unrelated businesses to the ground within a day, with the first time a protester killed someone being on May 28, burning down a pawn shop with the victim inside. Maybe that's not what we should be expecting from Activision-Blizzard employees?

What is being alleged and what is being asked to make parties whole again are not lining up.
Which suggests to me that either 1) the allegations are not entirely accurate, 2) the things they should be demanding be done but haven't are already being promised to them and these demands are a reach beyond that, 3) they're just fools, or 4) the people making demands are not the people being affected and are trying to get things in line with their agenda instead. I figure 4 is the most likely, followed by 2.

Reactions: SilentPony

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Por que no los dos?

There's your problem - you need victims that are women, preferably attractive women before anyone really cares.

...and burning unrelated businesses to the ground within a day, with the first time a protester killed someone being on May 28, burning down a pawn shop with the victim inside. Maybe that's not what we should be expecting from Activision-Blizzard employees?

Which suggests to me that either 1) the allegations are not entirely accurate, 2) the things they should be demanding be done but haven't are already being promised to them and these demands are a reach beyond that, 3) they're just fools, or 4) the people making demands are not the people being affected and are trying to get things in line with their agenda instead. I figure 4 is the most likely, followed by 2.
Yeah. The more I've learned and thought on this the more I'm believing that this is something with a strong core of truth but that has been made to look way bigger than it actually is with padding and misinformation. I've been seeing conversations on the photo of the Cosby Room that have particularly felt like a deflating balloon.

Reactions: SilentPony

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Blizzard is apparently hiring an Anti-Union firm in response to this.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
That's what Chimpzee already posted no?
He posted the link between the people involved. Not the actual hiring of the firm.

Eh, yeah, Wilmerhale being a union buster is discussed in the second link I posted. Unless you meant to reply to someone else?
Did that article actually talking about directly hiriing? Ok my bad. It's so shitty though, it should be here twice :)

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
He posted the link between the people involved. Not the actual hiring of the firm.

Did that article actually talking about directly hiriing? Ok my bad. It's so shitty though, it should be here twice :)
First article is about ActiBliz hiring Wilmerhale. Second one is about their union busting. The Amazon bit is more coincidental, but of course hiring the go-to intimidation goon squad for a company infamous for its union crushing is not a good look in and of itself. Tho probably the exact reason ActiBliz hired them.

Also, I agree, it is shitty, so twice is dandy. Only way they could look worse is if they hired the actual friggin Pinkertons.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Absolutely welcome the strike action. Absolutely welcome Ubisoft employees joining in in solidarity.

Fuck Bobby Kotick, fuck Yves Guillemot, and fuck Fran Townsend for that self-serving, dismissive bollocks she served up as a response to the allegations. It's worth noting that she's not just chief Compliance Officer-- she's also VP of "Corporate Affairs". I think we can be pretty sure where her priorities are between the two.

As if the fact that she hasn't experienced anything personally (as an exceptionally rich and powerful person within the company) is evidence that others (in much less powerful, much more precarious roles) didn't, either. That response was fucking despicable.

Last edited:

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
Absolutely welcome the strike action. Absolutely welcome Ubisoft employees joining in in solidarity.

Fuck Bobby Kotick, fuck Yves Guillemot, and fuck Fran Townsend for that self-serving, dismissive deflection she served up as a response to the allegations. It's worth noting that she's not just chief Compliance Officer-- she's also VP of "Corporate Affairs". I think we can be pretty sure where her priorities are between the two.

As if the fact that she hasn't experienced anything personally (as an exceptionally rich and powerful person within the company) is evidence that others (in much less powerful, much more precarious roles) didn't, either. That response was fucking despicable.
Don't forget fuck J. Allen Brack, the Blizzard side of all of this.

Reactions: BrawlMan