Funny Events of the "Woke" world

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

In a world in which gaming companies are filled to bursting with sexual harassment allegations. Jason can't hold back from his wokeness and posts about a new gaming studio being formed by a bunch of dudes, because "Muh Diversity though!".

Ever think that a group of friends might have just wanted to get together and make some fucking video games together? Ever think that maybe they don't want to deal with the drama that seems to come about whenever women get into a studio formal driven by a bunch of bros? Ever think that maybe these guys simply don't have any female friends with the qualifications to develop video games?

Since it seems like video game developers can't control their "Bro-ness", perhaps an all-dude gaming studio is a good idea. No tits to grope No temptation to succumb too. And No outsiders to be offended by inside jokes.

Would it be a wonderful world if dudes comes just not be creepy shitheads and keep there hands to themselves? Yes. Since that doesn't seem to be possible, removing the temptation from the playing fields seems like a reasonable choice. Can't sexual harass women when there are no women to harass. Makes sense to me.

Reading the actual article, it seems that these devs worked well together in the past and simply decided to join together to form their own independent studio to make some games together. But Jason only sees a bunch of white dudes, and nothing more. Offering no consideration to the circumstances that plague the industry as a whole, no does he offer up any consideration for the people making this studio. Fuck them they can't be friends, there are too many white dicks on that team.

It's an insane mindset. Schreier has done great work, but time and time again he falls into this ridiculous "woke" mindset, and ends up blocking half of twitter when people call him out on it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I honestly don't care about his complaints. They're not even worth getting upset over or making a thread about. The only thing I feel about this guy is just bored, indifference, and whatever dude. Whoever these groups of game designers are, I wish them the best of luck and great success.

Must be a slow news day.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I honestly don't care about his complaints. They're not even worth getting upset over or making a thread about. The only thing I feel about this guy is just bored and difference and whatever dude. Whoever these groups of game designers are, I wish them the best of luck and great success.

Must be a slow news day.
They are the guys behind Journey to the Savage Planet which was a fairly decent survival crafter type game if i remember correctly.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
They are the guys behind Journey to the Savage Planet which was a fairly decent survival crafter type game if i remember correctly.
Oh yeah, I'm aware of the game. Good to know that the other ones who did it. I have no interest in Survivalcraft games, but they definitely got talent. Like I said before, this isn't even news worth putting a thread over. You could just put this in the general gaming news thread and been done with it.

As long as those guys continue to be decent people, that's all that matters to me. If they ever get new people on their team regardless of race or gender, I expect them to treat them right like they would each other. If they don't or things change for the worst, I will call him out on it.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
You could just put this in the general gaming news thread and been done with it.
I didn't put it in gaming news because it is technically more of a topic against Schreier not really "gaming news". For that reason I felt it would be better suited in a side topic somewhere else.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
We've got many idiots on Twitter straight up advocating for governments that wouldn't allow them to vote.

Do they all get a thread whenever they say something stupid or...?

Just make a "Funny events in the woke world" thread or something. Helps avoid clutter

Reactions: CriticalGaming

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
We've got many idiots on Twitter straight up advocating for governments that wouldn't allow them to vote.

Do they all get a thread whenever they say something stupid or...?

Just make a "Funny events in the woke world" thread or something. Helps avoid clutter
i guess that would be a fair trade off for the other thread. I have renamed the thread.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Oh, hey, he deemed it important enough to be the main story of his Bloomberg newsletter.
Imagine that a nerdy hobby attracts nerdy professionals to create said hobby. Imagine that not many women fit into the catagory of not only being nerds but also being computer science majors on top of that.

Enjoying games is one thing, but it is another to become a professional creator. It would be like saying, "We all like music therefore we should all be able to play instruments." A statement that is technically true, anyone and everyone can play an instrument, however not many take the time and dedication to learn how.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Ever think that maybe they don't want to deal with the drama that seems to come about whenever women get into a studio formal driven by a bunch of bros? Ever think that maybe these guys simply don't have any female friends with the qualifications to develop video games?
Well, that's not a good look.

Did they not have any friends who weren't white either?

Would it be a wonderful world if dudes comes just not be creepy shitheads and keep there hands to themselves? Yes. Since that doesn't seem to be possible, removing the temptation from the playing fields seems like a reasonable choice. Can't sexual harass women when there are no women to harass. Makes sense to me.
So, when are we gonna vote to impose mandatory burqas?

Reactions: Buyetyen

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Ever think that maybe they don't want to deal with the drama that seems to come about whenever women get into a studio formal driven by a bunch of bros? Ever think that maybe these guys simply don't have any female friends with the qualifications to develop video games?

Since it seems like video game developers can't control their "Bro-ness", perhaps an all-dude gaming studio is a good idea. No tits to grope No temptation to succumb too. And No outsiders to be offended by inside jokes.

Most of this just says that if women want to work in traditionally male-dominated environments they're going to have to accept sexual harassment. Effectively, put out or get shut out.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Imagine that a nerdy hobby attracts nerdy professionals to create said hobby. Imagine that not many women fit into the catagory of not only being nerds but also being computer science majors on top of that.

Enjoying games is one thing, but it is another to become a professional creator. It would be like saying, "We all like music therefore we should all be able to play instruments." A statement that is technically true, anyone and everyone can play an instrument, however not many take the time and dedication to learn how.
If men can't be trusted to work with women then we shouldn't give women jobs. That's the stance you're gonna take? Really? Because I'm going to take that as you admitting you're physically incapable of not raping people.

Reactions: Hawki and Buyetyen

Bartholomew

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2021
Most of this just says that if women want to work in traditionally male-dominated environments they're going to have to accept sexual harassment. Effectively, put out or get shut out.
They could form their own woman-only game studios, if they wanted to, right?

I'm not saying that this SHOULD be the solution to sexual harassment, I'm just commenting on the hypothetical of male-only studios being formed so that they don't need to worry about scandals such as these, as CriticalGaming said. A woman-only game studio can be a way for them to break into the industry without having to accept sexual harassment.

Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
If men can't be trusted to work with women then we shouldn't give women jobs. That's the stance you're gonna take? Really? Because I'm going to take that as you admitting you're physically incapable of not raping people.
The same mindset that says "men can't be trusted to not attack women who show their skin, so women must cover their skin".

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
They could form their own woman-only game studios, if they wanted to, right?
I'm perfectly happy for them to do that if that's what it takes to work in the industry and not be sexually harassed. Kinda poor form that that's were we are though. Certainly, I'd be embarrassed to present that as the actual solution to sexual harassment.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Did they not have any friends who weren't white either?
What does that matter? Just because they have friends doesnt mean those friends know dick about game development.

Where the fuck did i say anything about rape? Or not being able to work with women. Talk about projection, you are literally raping my post with your bullshit right now.

Not at all.

But maybe these guys have had problems in the past. Maybe some bad college experiences or something i dont know. So maybe they just dont want the temptation?

However it is far more likely that they just were professional colleagues, who became friends and decided to work together. Which is my biggest problem with Scheirer's article. All he does is assume that this is a choice made strictly on sexism, racism, and homophobia. And could possibly be a bunch of friend just trying to work together.

Probably because Scheirer doesnt have any friends. Too foreign a concept for him.

Also to further the other point. If someone has no self control wouldnt it be wise of them to avoid tempting scenarios? You wouldnt bring an alcoholic to a bar?

Ninja famously got shit because he refused to play games with girls. He claimed it was because he was married and didnt want to be on stream having fun with girls and starting rumors, even if the rumors would be bullshit. However it also might have to do with Ninja knowing himself and being unable to resist flirting with someone he shouldn't. So rather than put himself and his wife through that drama, he simply avoids any situation that could invent that drama.

It is perfectly reasonable to avoid things if you succumb to temptation or have previous problems with that thing. I dont see why we need to vilify people for actively avoiding something that could cause them conflict.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
It is perfectly reasonable to avoid things if you succumb to temptation or have previous problems with that thing. I dont see why we need to vilify people for actively avoiding something that could cause them conflict.
I mean, I don't think it's fair to suggest that all of those guys are sexual predators, some of them probably aren't.