Games you've beaten in 2021.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I got all of the trophies for Mr. X's Nightmare. The last two trophies are biatch, because one involves grinding for point to unlock everyone's move sets, including the hidden character, Roo. If you don't know about the cheat code, you're going to be banging your head over on why the others don't unlock. Most casual players are not gonna know about it. Only the hardcore are going to bother with that. The other one is summoning 3 clowns when playing as Roo.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I did it.

I beat Castlevania.

Fuck Dracula. Fuck Death. Fuck those hunchbacks, fuck Igor, fuck Frankenstein.

What's that? Frankenstein is the name of the doctor, not the creature? Great. That's nice to know. I'll file it under "fuck!"
I'm suprised to not see the Medusa heads on that list. I fucked hated those things in every game. Yeah, you'd think a sine wave patttern wouldn't be that bad to deal with except you can only whip in two directions so....fuck them.

I was honestly wondering a little how Frankenstein/the monster is even there at all considering the game takes place in the 1690's, but I digress.

Also, I cut it but I'd make the argument Souls is basically a castlevania game in 3D and especially Bloodborne.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I was honestly wondering a little how Frankenstein/the monster is even there at all considering the game takes place in the 1690's, but I digress.
The team was a big fan of universal horror monsters. That's all I can really say about that. At least a Frankenstein's monster makes more sense in something like Sympathy Of The Night or Bloodlines.

Yeah, you'd think a sine wave patttern wouldn't be that bad to deal with except you can only whip in two directions so....fuck
Exactly why I prefer Bloodlines or Castlevania IV over the NES games. More so the former, where both of the playable characters have a large move set and are more versatile than even Simon.

I forgot to mention this, but I forgot to put Street Fighter V on the list. I beat all the Arcade modes available, and I beat Survival Mode on normal. They're still hard mode, but I'm probably not going to go through all that. Plus there's more DLC to do. I've also done nearly all the personal story sections up to this point, but there's three more that are coming out. Two of the personal stories sections are out today and I'll do those when I get home. Akira and Oro. The MMA guy doesn't come out, till I think a couple of months.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Only 4 years late to this one. Go me!
I'll let you in a little secret: I've only beaten 4 Zelda games in my entire life. Two of them are the Hyrule Warriors spinoffs. The original NES version on Game boy advance, and links Awakening on classic game boy. Other than that, I've rarely touched any other Zelda games.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
....i can never tell with you given your near constant level of sarcasm and snark, but are you posting that single image as a refutation of my comment, implying some janky visuals, when there are a billion games out there that look like shit and people love?

Or are you having her smile at me because you agree with the comment and she's visually representing your like of my comment?

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I'll let you in a little secret: I've only beaten 4 Zelda games in my entire life. Two of them are the Hyrule Warriors spinoffs. The original NES version on Game boy advance, and links Awakening on classic game boy. Other than that, I've rarely touched any other Zelda games.
I didn't play OOT until 2019 or so. Up until then the only Zelda games I'd played was the original LoZ, Zelda 2 and Link to the Past. The rest were games I'd seen videos of and heard people talk about for 20 years.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I'm suprised to not see the Medusa heads on that list. I fucked hated those things in every game. Yeah, you'd think a sine wave patttern wouldn't be that bad to deal with except you can only whip in two directions so....fuck them.
Medusa heads?!

Snark and shameless plugs aside, I actually didn't find the Mesdusa heads too annoying. By themselves, I found them fairly easy to deal with, since their pattern is predictable. They only really become an issue when they're used in conjunction with other enemies, such as the knights at the end of stage 5. TBH, as far as "most annoying enemy" goes in the game, that easily goes to the hunchbacks in my eyes.

Own continuity I guess. I mean, the Dracula here isn't the same as the Dracula from Bram Stoker's novel (which I'm actually reading right now), so anything goes.

Mass Effect: Andromeda. Perfectly good game, definitely undeserving of the hate it got upon release.
I'll agree to disagree on both those counts. :(

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Only 4 years late to this one. Go me!
I didn't play OOT until 2019 or so. Up until then the only Zelda games I'd played was the original LoZ, Zelda 2 and Link to the Past. The rest were games I'd seen videos of and heard people talk about for 20 years.
Peh, scrubs. I've beaten 10 LoZ games, all starting with OoT. :p

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Medusa heads?!

Snark and shameless plugs aside, I actually didn't find the Mesdusa heads too annoying. By themselves, I found them fairly easy to deal with, since their pattern is predictable. They only really become an issue when they're used in conjunction with other enemies, such as the knights at the end of stage 5. TBH, as far as "most annoying enemy" goes in the game, that easily goes to the hunchbacks in my eyes.
tumblr_9f6c3cdaccb48a7c06aadca0de5bbdc0_fdcb9c5b_1280.png

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Peh, scrubs. I've beaten 10 LoZ games, all starting with OoT. :p
I've beat every main series Zelda game except Spirit Tracks, Tri Force Heroes, and Breath of the Wild. Most of them multiple times.

Last edited: