Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I remember Dan Houser saying they don’t know how they would even make another GTA game given the country’s current socio/political climate, to where it actually felt fresh. I really don’t know either what they could possibly be doing, but it’s almost guaranteed to focus more on live service and less on an actual scripted narrative.
I don't really care because I jumped ship from GTA to SR a while back(like I didn't bother with GTA 4 or 5) and have had no urge to return to GTA, but despite that it feels like Rockstar doesn't give a shit about doing big single player games anytime soon. They've got RDO and GTA:O giving them constant funding for the forseeable future and in the meantime they'll just re-release GTAV yet again.

If we're really, really lucky they may remake/port Red Dead Redemption to PC or something but I don't see them making Red Dead 3(and I kind of don't want them to bother) or GTA6 until the Online revenue dries up.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I was confused after seeing all the Sam Maggs KOTOR stuff (gotta love how fast drama spreads in the Star Wars community), and I found this video.

So TLDR, this lady who has people all riled up is the epitome of a woke Twitter personality who's more interested in making snarky zingers than any actual meaningful discussion. But people claiming KOTOR is now ruined are also clearly nitpicking and taking things out of context, all in the name of anti-wokeness.

Frankly I'm still confused why they would even need a new writer, and yes they could have probably chosen a more likeable person, but claiming the remake is "ruined" is just childish. As one of the guys in the video said, Sam Maggs is someone I definitely wouldn't want to have a beer with. But that really doesn't have anything to do with her abilities as a writer.

If there's anything that has me doubting she's a good choice for the role, it's that she's also writing for CoD Vanguard lmao

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
As one of the guys in the video said, Sam Maggs is someone I definitely wouldn't want to have a beer with. But that really doesn't have anything to do with her abilities as a writer.
It's that type of shit that gets bad presidents, leaders, or elected officials to begin with. Thinking these rich assholes represent the working or common man. They sure as hell are not fighting for nor representing me.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
It's that type of shit that gets bad presidents, leaders, or elected officials to begin with. Thinking these rich assholes represent the working or common man. They sure as hell are not fighting for nor representing me.

Our leaders have been doing this ever since they framed the constitution. The system has always been designed to support them first, because they’re the ones with the power and human nature is not infallible.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Hmm, a few I'd maybe swap out for REmake and/or Eternal Darkness, but overall not a bad list, imo. Ain't never heard of Odama tho.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Other articles are listed below, as a sort of database for stuff related to FROMSOFT.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
While the "Why don't you just drive a car?" joke is amusing, I have no idea if it's based on something specific or not. Or is it just mocking XBOX for not trying to compete with PS?
Can only guess it’s the age-old games vs real life reasoning, like with sports games it’s “Why don’t you just go outside and play ball!?” But the thing is, you’re not playing as your favorite team or players that way so of course there’s room for both schools of thought.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Can only guess it’s the age-old games vs real life reasoning, like with sports games it’s “Why don’t you just go outside and play ball!?” But the thing is, you’re not playing as your favorite team or players that way so of course there’s room for both schools of thought.
Ok. I think the only I've I think I've made that particular comparison is when I heard about Bus Simulator, because it sounds so routine and mundane I could only "But I could ride a Bus for real anytime and most of the time it's an excuse to read a book". But yeah, I get it now.

And now I have to give myself a ribbing for missing the obvious.

"He's so literal, the joke would just fly over his head"
"No it wouldn't! I would catch it!"

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

KC, let your kid play his way. I understand and get where you're coming from, but everybody develops a different levels. Even though I would beat most games fairly as a kid, I did not mind, and sometimes had more fun using cheat codes. Even if I I already beat the game legit. He'll grow up and learn at some point. You can't force it on him. It sucks he did delete it save file out of spite, considering he could have bumped it back down anytime he wanted. It was definitely more a dig at you.

Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

KC, let your kid play his way. I understand and get where you're coming from, but everybody develops a different levels. Even though I would be most games fairly as a kid, I did not mind and sometimes have more fun using cheat codes. Even if I I already beat the game legit. He'll grow up and learn at some point. You can't force it on him. It sucks he did delete it safe while out of spite, considering he could have bumped it back down anytime you want it. It was definitely more a dig at you.
As someone who has "ghosted" a fair number of missions in the various Thief games, and beat the notoriously difficult SNES version of the notoriously difficult game Out of This World while in his teens... I agree. Different people engage with games for different reasons, and we all learn how to handle adversity in different ways. Trying to force the kid to play a certain way could turn him off of gaming as a whole.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland

KC, let your kid play his way. I understand and get where you're coming from, but everybody develops a different levels. Even though I would beat most games fairly as a kid, I did not mind, and sometimes had more fun using cheat codes. Even if I I already beat the game legit. He'll grow up and learn at some point. You can't force it on him. It sucks he did delete it save file out of spite, considering he could have bumped it back down anytime he wanted. It was definitely more a dig at you.
I'm pretty sure I cheated my way through quite a few games as a kid because I wasn't good at them.

Now I try to play legit at first and only start looking for cheats if I'm getting pissed at the game/difficulty or just say fuck it and youtube the ending to see if I missed anything(I know I did that with Prince of Persia: Warrior Within because I missed all the special things I needed to get the good ending and didn't want to replay the game to get them).

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I'm pretty sure I cheated my way through quite a few games as a kid because I wasn't good at them.

Now I try to play legit at first and only start looking for cheats if I'm getting pissed at the game/difficulty or just say fuck it and youtube the ending to see if I missed anything(I know I did that with Prince of Persia: Warrior Within because I missed all the special things I needed to get the good ending and didn't want to replay the game to get them).
I save scummed most of the first three Castlevania’s in the Konami Collection on PC. It was the older one though so not sure if the newer one would even allow it without a mod or cfg tweak. But I did beat Castlevania III fair ‘n square on NES as a kid if it’s any consolation.