Funny events in anti-woke world

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Dude's been told to sell all his guns, not allowed to go to shoots or hunts (wild birds etc in the UK) and be pushed to go Vegan while backing up her stories and claims about how nasty the Royal family were being despite the face evidence has been rapidly emerging that it's a lie.
How is any of this "emasculating", unless you believe that killing things is essential to "being a man"?

You are utterly obsessed with the "woke", aren't you? Almost every topic, almost any question, it always comes back to that with you.
"Wokeness" is a threat to the smug sense of superiority that too many white men claim as their birthright.

Reactions: BrawlMan

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Reactions: Hawki and BrawlMan

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

Local millionaire snowflake censors brave military veteran for having a different political opinion.

Other local millionaire snowflake lies about the president to do what he wants anyway.
He... didn't even say anything damning about Trump or the Right yet, but I guess that "with due respect" was already enough to be seen as hostile. You can tell that host is trained to go completely apeshit at even the slightest sign of resistance from a guest.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Question. If the roles were reversed and a man convinced his So to give up guns/go vegan would she have been... "iffeminated" (is there even a word for that?)

Are shooting and meat masculine? Because I don't shoot. I think arguably most men in the west don't shoot seeing as, outside the US, not owning guns is by far the norm.

And was he forced to go vegan or did he decide to go vegan? When I was vegetarian my girlfriend went vegetarian too because it was easier. Also, veganism is feminine in your world view? Because I could start listing the vegan men who could knock 7 shades of shit out of all the guys on this forum.

Like honestly, you're entire point here is that Harry is less masculine because he doesn't subscribe to ideas of masculinity thta are 100% social constructs. Shooting guns and being in the army are not natural things men are genetically predisposed to because they're both things that don't exist in nature... Like christ Conservative men suck.
Hey I'm just pointing out the logic not saying I agree with it at least not for them being Macho signifier stuff as such more the amount of stuff he seems to be willing to give up for her and how it's very much become the Meghan show.

To explain the stuff.
Meat & Shooting = Old hunting stuff "Man hunt kill bring home meat for wife."
Veganims = It's somewhat if a trend thing in some circles coming from people on vary degrees of the road to PETA level insanity.

You are utterly obsessed with the "woke", aren't you? Almost every topic, almost any question, it always comes back to that with you.
You're literally in a thread titled events in Anti-Woke world Silvanus? Really of all places I'd say I think here would be as good a place as any to use the term especially in relation to the weird stunts Meghan has pulled that were meant to show off how much she cared but fell so flat in hilarious ways. Meghan is kind of a prime example of some-one who undertakes rather hollow activism to try and look good but that has very little impact.

Lol, you sound like all the other crazy Team Kate people. Mad as a box of frogs.
Nah what's mad is how Meghan got through what was it 5 different Nannies and 3 P.A.s in less than a year most quitting under mysterious circumstances.......

Oh, it's the Gillette thing again. You can't understand that there is any other version of masculinity than your own. And then pretend someone 'forced' you into it. Because you don't understand the term forced.

Also, did you know a lot of transpeople enter the armed service in search of this 'masculinity' you ascribe to it. All it ends up in is them transitioning. Because the army is not this propoganda you are ascribing to it

And.. I'm a male who used to shoot animals. I've decided not to do so. I'm emasculated apparently

And sorry, did the last paragraph mean that you think Megan is masculine? You might have missed a word there. I also don't understand how lies have much to do with masculinity or feminity
Considering how Prince Harry used to be before getting married it is rather a rapid change of heart from one kind of masculinity towards well The Jonathan McIntosh "Competitiveness and aggression in males but I'm perfectly fine to be a passive aggressive arse on Twitter" version of masculinity.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
We all know that you're not a man unless you're posing with a woman like this:

I've gotta say, those women don't much look like they've been liberated to me. Maybe it's the "before" of the before and after pictures?

I tried reading some Conan in my mid-twenties. Unfortunately, I'd left it too late and I was already a decade too mature.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Congrats to the Aussies in this forum. You're getting nothing but your government is getting more lethal toys.

Oh yeah, and if Australia does get 12 8 nuclear attack submarines they will have the world's 4th largest fleet of them.

Last edited:

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Congrats to the Aussies in this forum. You're getting nothing but your government is getting more lethal toys.

Oh yeah, and if Australia does get 12 attack submarines they will have the world's 4th largest fleet of them.
The Navy snookered themselves by accident because I bet they were asking for twelve under the expectation they'd get argued down to like six or seven - our current fleet of Collins class Submarines is six vessels - and then it went through unopposed and they were like "Fuck, we can't staff the six we have now. How the fuck are we gonna staff twelve that need more crew than our current ones?"

Like, if we end up getting them then no more than four are ever going to be active at any given time. Plus a shitload of naval docks are gonna need modified because if these new ones are smaller or the same size as a Collins I'll eat an anchor, we're gonna need a shitload of new facilities for reactor swap outs since up until this procurement we've only ever run diesel subs (insert Down Periscope references and jokes here) and frankly an influx of sailors since as an example the Virginia class submarine the USN currently fields has a crew compliment of 135. A Collins by comparison is 58. So unless these new beaut subs we're gonna build are the same size - which admitedly I suppose is possible - we'd need two Collins crews per new sub.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
The Navy snookered themselves by accident because I bet they were asking for twelve under the expectation they'd get argued down to like six or seven - our current fleet of Collins class Submarines is six vessels - and then it went through unopposed and they were like "Fuck, we can't staff the six we have now. How the fuck are we gonna staff twelve that need more crew than our current ones?"

Like, if we end up getting them then no more than four are ever going to be active at any given time. Plus a shitload of naval docks are gonna need modified because if these new ones are smaller or the same size as a Collins I'll eat an anchor, we're gonna need a shitload of new facilities for reactor swap outs since up until this procurement we've only ever run diesel subs (insert Down Periscope references and jokes here) and frankly an influx of sailors since as an example the Virginia class submarine the USN currently fields has a crew compliment of 135. A Collins by comparison is 58. So unless these new beaut subs we're gonna build are the same size - which admitedly I suppose is possible - we'd need two Collins crews per new sub.
Just to give more info about Collins class subs.... they were legit shit and have never functioned as intended

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

I doubt the Aussies have the manpower for even half of a dozen Virginia class Subs. We are talking about 140 people needed to man it. This is what the Aussies are getting.

Not a bad choice tho.

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
Because they agree on some things. That doesn't make her Twitter page conservative gospel.

Consider the inverse. Someone like the Cuomo's say something silly on tv, and then Tucker tries to tie the statement to the entire Democratic Party. Is that reasonable to do. Do you support that? Do you waste time trying to rationalize how some stupid Cuomo thing is tied to Democratic policy?
Maybe. I'm not going to carry water for the fucking Dems.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Just to give more info about Collins class subs.... they were legit shit and have never functioned as intended
They function as intended now. After half a dozen refits and upgrades. As Paul McDermott once observed "The Collins class was named after singer Phil Collins, because its inexplicably popular but total crap".

I doubt the Aussies have the manpower for even half of a dozen Virginia class Subs. We are talking about 140 people needed to man it. This is what the Aussies are getting.

Not a bad choice tho.
We do not. The Collins has a crew compliment of 58. These things have - as you point out - 100 odd. Plus we need to stand up new training modules and classifications because we've run a diesel submarine fleet until this procurement. So six subs would have been fine, just condensed into four subs because I have an inkling these would be worth two Collins a piece so we can cover the same patrol routes. More with less and all that. And one would be in dry dock as a dry training vessel and the other I assume they'd let the Navy engineers strip her down to her rivets just so they can catalogue and breed familiarity with the boat. Add to that new logistics and support chains to help maintain the nuclear reactor and stuff like that, its gonna be interesting times.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Local millionaire snowflake censors brave military veteran for having a different political opinion.
You don't understand. All Military and Vets are Proud, freedom loving Americans AKA Republicans. People like me, who served and find the phrase "Freedom Loving American" to often to be code for "Flaming bag of Horse Shit who thinks way too much of themselves" don't exist.

Also, Vets and Military are only useful to be used as political props for people who sit in from of a camera all day spouting pomp and ignorance disguised as "Telling it like it is" all day, not actual people who did an often shitty job for reasons that are our own.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Well, that sucks for anyone who likes the simplicity of multipying by 10.

My favorite bit is the flip-flopping between military worship and trump worship at the end.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

Well, that sucks for anyone who likes the simplicity of multipying by 10.

My favorite bit is the flip-flopping between military worship and trump worship at the end.
"Now we go to a real hero. He's a hero too, he served, but we're going to a real hero."

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Hey I'm just pointing out the logic not saying I agree with it at least not for them being Macho signifier stuff as such more the amount of stuff he seems to be willing to give up for her and how it's very much become the Meghan show.

To explain the stuff.
Meat & Shooting = Old hunting stuff "Man hunt kill bring home meat for wife."
Veganims = It's somewhat if a trend thing in some circles coming from people on vary degrees of the road to PETA level insanity.

You're literally in a thread titled events in Anti-Woke world Silvanus? Really of all places I'd say I think here would be as good a place as any to use the term especially in relation to the weird stunts Meghan has pulled that were meant to show off how much she cared but fell so flat in hilarious ways. Meghan is kind of a prime example of some-one who undertakes rather hollow activism to try and look good but that has very little impact.

Nah what's mad is how Meghan got through what was it 5 different Nannies and 3 P.A.s in less than a year most quitting under mysterious circumstances.......

Considering how Prince Harry used to be before getting married it is rather a rapid change of heart from one kind of masculinity towards well The Jonathan McIntosh "Competitiveness and aggression in males but I'm perfectly fine to be a passive aggressive arse on Twitter" version of masculinity.
You're making it worse, stop hitting yourself.