General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It's so weird. They clearly aren't going for the hyper-realistic graphics like GTA V or RDR2. And they certainly aren't creating a new world or characters. I mean I don't mind the cartoonish graphics (I think it rather adds to the charm) and seeing these old characters again, but I don't see any reason why this is a $60. Seems overpriced.

Then again, they probably knew people would go crazy for it and chose a price that would guranteee profit
They charged $60 for GTAV when it came out on 8th generation consoles, despite the fact that 3 years had already passed at that point. This does not surprise me, and Rockstar/2K can once again fuck off as always.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

It better be for whatever the HELL is going on with the stupid Bluepoint/Silent Hill/MGS rumors that have been dragged all over the damn place most of the year to finally put them to rest.
Letting the fanbase drive itself insane with rumors is the easiest and cheapest way to build hype. Think of how many people are going to tune into this webcast just to find out if those rumors are true!

Reactions: BrawlMan

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Letting the fanbase drive itself insane with rumors is the easiest and cheapest way to build hype. Think of how many people are going to tune into this webcast just to find out if those rumors are true!

It’s made me of the mind to be disappointed by whatever is revealed thanks to the ridiculous rumor mill tainting any hype surrounding it.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Just sad -

But apparently things have never been better since Dan Houser left. Probably because he was the only leader that contested the bs road they’re now on.
Hmmmm, what's that smell? IT'S BLOOD A SHITTY PORT!

Speaking of ports, God of War's will be done by porting studio Jetpack interactive, under supervision from Santa Monica. Can't say I'm overly impressed by their portfolio, but most of their work has been for EA and Namco Bandai, neither of which are known for their deep love of the pc platform, so maybe just a case of a studio continuously saddled with little resources and documentation. Result remains to be seen.

Uncharted's ports are being doing by Iron Galaxy Studios. Their pc work has been hit or miss, so could go either way. Sony has als acquired a porting studio called Nixxes. No info on what they might be working on tho.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Blizzard has cancelled the upcoming BlizzcONline for 2022, siting that they want to focus on removing women from every piece of art they've ever made in their ongoing commitment to combating sexism in the workplace.

Not sure how that is supposed to help, but I guess they don't really understand sexism in the first place so it is what it is.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

Blizzard has cancelled the upcoming BlizzcONline for 2022, siting that they want to focus on removing women from every piece of art they've ever made in their ongoing commitment to combating sexism in the workplace.

Not sure how that is supposed to help, but I guess they don't really understand sexism in the first place so it is what it is.
I'm guessing there wont be anymore blizzcon, brand is toxic and they're output is too low, both in number of title and quality, to warrant it.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I'm guessing there wont be anymore blizzcon, brand is toxic and they're output is too low, both in number of title and quality, to warrant it.
That is probably the direction this is going.

But I will take it one step further and say that Activision is going to disolve Blizzard entirely and just absorb it into several internal teams dedicated to producing whatever Activision wants in limited time frames.

Blizzard has gone on too long, making basically nothing for years and years on end. The only content they seem to make is just fairly small updates to existing games they've been riding on the back of for years and years at this point.

What year did Overwatch come out?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
That is probably the direction this is going.

But I will take it one step further and say that Activision is going to disolve Blizzard entirely and just absorb it into several internal teams dedicated to producing whatever Activision wants in limited time frames.

Blizzard has gone on too long, making basically nothing for years and years on end. The only content they seem to make is just fairly small updates to existing games they've been riding on the back of for years and years at this point.

What year did Overwatch come out?

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
last year, Which is when they announced overwatch 2 I think.
I think Overwatch 2 was a 2019 announcement. But basically it really showcases that for the better part of a decade, Blizzard has not made a single new game. They have updated existing games with a new character here, balance changes there, but have not been able to produce a full retail product in years. Wow expansions are technically boxed products, but are still just updates to existing games. For a studio as massive as Blizzard, they have very little actual output, which makes you wonder just where the fuck all the money is going?

All those dev teams, and the only thing they have to show for it is some patches on existing titles? EA would have shut the studio down long ago.

At very least they need a dramatic restructing and they need someone holding them accountable. I think WoW has been a cash cow enough that Activision has basically ignored the lack of actual production happening over there. But after this scandel, I think they are going to start looking at Blizzard and ask what they are doing when there are no games coming out of the studio whatsoever.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020

Good, take the fucking Ls Blizzard.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

The sad part is knowing we wouldn’t have to work if we just bought an extra copy or two of all these now-rare games back then and never played them.

Reactions: Dalisclock