Biden DOJ Has Begun RAIDING Opposition Journalists, Accused Of Leaking Project Veritas Legal Memos

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
If you ever have kids, I hope they don't get blown up in a war someone like Biden starts, and our MSM lies about for them to get the US involved where we have no interests.
Oh, man. I hope you dont find out about Vietman. Or Korea. Or Haiti. Multiple times. Or Cuba. Or the School of the Americas. Or the alliance invasion of Russia a hundred years ago today. Remember when they lied to get the US into Gulf War 1? Or lying to getting the US into WW1?

If there is a war or a coup, just know that the US government is using the media to start some shit. It's been happening since at least the Boston Tea Party. Don't get into wars, because 99% of the time, it's just the government tricking you into it. Just thank Christ that today the US government doesn't have the same hold on the media like they did in the 60s where they good get away with assassinations

It also makes you wonder about media reports on things like Uyghurs being put into detention camps. Maybe its just the US media making crap up for the US government. Or whatever is happening in Syria right now. Sudan. Haiti

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
So, they're (p.v) implicated in illegal activity? So seems kind of normal fbi behaviour then.

Also no evidence of 'opposition journalists' being raided ala the OP claim, just FBI following evidence of criminal activity. Fuck Project Veritas, I hope they get locked up and destroyed.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Oh, man. I hope you dont find out about Vietman. Or Korea. Or Haiti. Multiple times. Or Cuba. Or the School of the Americas. Or the alliance invasion of Russia a hundred years ago today. Remember when they lied to get the US into Gulf War 1? Or lying to getting the US into WW1?

If there is a war or a coup, just know that the US government is using the media to start some shit. It's been happening since at least the Boston Tea Party. Don't get into wars, because 99% of the time, it's just the government tricking you into it. Just thank Christ that today the US government doesn't have the same hold on the media like they did in the 60s where they good get away with assassinations

It also makes you wonder about media reports on things like Uyghurs being put into detention camps. Maybe its just the US media making crap up for the US government. Or whatever is happening in Syria right now. Sudan. Haiti
And maybe covid is a hoax , and vaccines are really population control, and climate change is just a new taxation scam.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
So, they're (p.v) implicated in illegal activity? So seems kind of normal fbi behaviour then.

Also no evidence of 'opposition journalists' being raided ala the OP claim, just FBI following evidence of criminal activity. Fuck Project Veritas, I hope they get locked up and destroyed.
Yes, that's what I said pretty much before

AND NOW TO ACTUALLY DEFEND THE FBI's actions here and apply some reason to things

Ok this is gonna be a shocking move here (and the fact I'm having to be the voice of sanity here is quite comical to me) but the FBI raid both makes sense and is somewhat reasonable.

Some-one literally stole or copied Ashley Biden's diary. The literal daughter of the president of the United States. Holy fucking Cthulhu can people drop the partisanship sides (both sides here) and realise there's a bigger reason the FBI could be involved now. I don't believe this is about punishing Project Veritas they're just being hit with the fallout of things. Also the snooty "Oh they deserve it" stuff needs to take a backseat too here. Some-one has enough access to steal or copy Ashley Biden's diary and no-one fucking found out until Project Veritas was publishing pages of it? You really think the FBI wouldn't be freaking the fuck out that some-one has managed that level of access to Ashley Biden? It's the secret service and FBI's job in part to look into threat to and keep safe the president of the united states and his family. A breach like this is likely getting the FBI in a full blown freak out with the only redeeming part of this being the leak only stole or copies a private diary and didn't say put toxic chemicals into Ashley Biden's food or water or leak info about security arrangements or her travel plans. Like the FBI is probably hoping this isn't just the start of what they find and it turns out to just be some lone rogue agent and not a state level actor. The FBI is coming in hard because they want to know where the info came from, where the diary exerts came from and from whom to plug this leak and deal with the mole and the potentially huge fucking security threat. Like imagine some hostile foreign state being able to exert pressure on Biden "Do what we want or our agent will kill your daughter, know we can get to your family" Having lets say the diary leak happening as proof they could do it and Project Veritas just being a pawn in nation state level games.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
And even that's dwarfed by the half a million Americans he helped kill through his shitacular Covid response.
What are you talking about? More people have died under Biden's watch from covid than Trump and Biden has had vaccines available his whole presidency. There just isn't much to do against covid once you let it in the country as widespread as it was when action was finally taken. Fauci was on NYC news on February 29th 2020 telling New Yorkers that everything is fine and you can go about your lives as normal all while the virus was spreading extremely quickly. The best play was to shut all travel to the US in January but no president (D or R) would've done that and the US is just too open to have locked all travel down before the virus got in realistically. When the top virus expert, Fauci, is saying everything is perfectly fine as late as February 29th, you think Hilary (if she won) would've done anything earlier than Trump?

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
What are you talking about? More people have died under Biden's watch from covid than Trump and Biden has had vaccines available his whole presidency.
21 million cases up to end of 2020 under Trump. About 27 million more so far under Biden. 350 000 deaths under Trump, about 430 000 under Biden to date.
So yeah, that's more, but given the death to case ratio it's not a massive difference. Trump absolutely bears responsibility for letting it gaining hold in the first place. And the majority of deaths are the stubbornly unvaccinated.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
21 million cases up to end of 2020 under Trump. About 27 million more so far under Biden. 350 000 deaths under Trump, about 430 000 under Biden to date.
So yeah, that's more, but given the death to case ratio it's not a massive difference. Trump absolutely bears responsibility for letting it gaining hold in the first place. And the majority of deaths are the stubbornly unvaccinated.
There's like 2 remote islands in the world where it never gained much of a hold. 3 if you count the one that has never had contact with civilisation and is literally illegal to go to. I don't think the USA really stood much of a chance of stopping it getting in.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
There's like 2 remote islands in the world where it never gained much of a hold. 3 if you count the one that has never had contact with civilisation and is literally illegal to go to. I don't think the USA really stood much of a chance of stopping it getting in.
True, but proper preparation, planning and precautions would have helped diminish the escalation. Ending the pandemic preparation program, or doing stuff like this...
did not help things go better.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA

Thank you, I think this is closer to my point about media. When Alex Jones gets it wrong, I'd think that 1000 times less material than if Walter Kronkite does (and did).
Write what you will about, say, Jimmy Dore (and have done so) while the legacy media was going off about Syria, claiming Assad had killed another 60 people with poison gas just as the US was wrapping up and leaving, he was saying 1) Even if true, do you go to war and kill a million foreigners because of it and 2) it did not appear (and I don't think it was) true while my recollection is that virtually the entire legacy media was pushing the narrative and not calling out those that claimed a previous Assad poison gas attack that was later shown to be likely untrue.

As for Trump, he was the 1st POTUS in a long time to not start a new war. He did do more bombing in existing wars. Was that just to help the industrial complex? Did he just drop more bombs but kill fewer people than Obama? I do not know.

I sadly do agree he was not anti-war but "conditionally" anti war in a way I don't support (if we took Iraq, we should have made it profitable by taking their oil sort of thing.) I'd write, don't get into forever wars that have nothing to do with us to begin with.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Trump was on track to drop more bombs than Drone King Obama. Anti-war my entire ass
This claim is an infamous piece of misinformation. For the first like 90% of Obama's presidency, drone strikes related to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were just not reported publicly at all. The accountability rules were changed shortly before Obama left office, so the total attributed to Obama is dramatically less than reality.

That being said, I see little reason to believe either had much direct impact on the rate of drone strikes, and just deferred to the military on their usage.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
This claim is an infamous piece of misinformation. For the first like 90% of Obama's presidency, drone strikes related to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were just not reported publicly at all. The accountability rules were changed shortly before Obama left office, so the total attributed to Obama is dramatically less than reality.

That being said, I see little reason to believe either had much direct impact on the rate of drone strikes, and just deferred to the military on their usage.
Trump dropped those rules basically as soon as he came into office, we're comparing like to like

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
I really doubt Tstorm is wrong here. In most "democracies" the people we should be really worried about are the ones we don't vote for. How much the sitting president is actively ordering the drone strikes as opposed to just signing off on whatever the military wants done.

Personally I think Trump was a particularly vile president in almost every way except how he did his job. America is a bad country run by terrorists.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
What are you talking about? More people have died under Biden's watch from covid than Trump and Biden has had vaccines available his whole presidency.
US covid deaths to Jan 31st (Trump): ~470,000
US covid deaths to date: ~780,000
Therefore covid deaths under Biden = 780,000-470,000 = 310,000.

So, that's plainly not true.

you think Hilary (if she won) would've done anything earlier than Trump?
Ah, the eternal bullshit get-out of "but what if X was in charge" to excuse incompetence.

I think likely Clinton would have taken in seriously and have got going on planning a halfway (or better) useful national covid response. Rather than what Trump did, which was twiddle his thumbs and hope everything turned out okay whilst telling everyone it was just the 'flu. And then having to run round in circles flapping desperately for months trying to look like his administration was doing something, before just abandoning all pretence at usefulness and instead undermining individual states initiatives to control covid.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
I think likely Clinton would have taken in seriously and have got going on planning a halfway (or better) useful national covid response.
It would likely have been bad instead of worse. Both parties were and are beholden to liberal property rights and maintaining the threat of various miseries to compel work, so they'd already forsaken the tools at their disposal to organize the best response.

Reactions: Dalisclock