Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Okay, I got a lot of irrational anger right now over something stupid. The other day, while driving a customer's car into my bay to start working on it, they had their radio set to the Sirius XM channel Watercolors (one of the jazz channels), when an absolutely lovely song came on. I loved it so much, that I quickly took the time to search this song on Youtube and watch a second or two to put it into my watched video history for me to come back to later. Well, it's now later, and wouldn't you know it that it both did not save the video into my history, or even the actual search needed to find it, and I cannot remember the name of the artists (there were two names that I saw, and I believe the song title was Emilie, but it has so far eluded me), but the song it seems came out within the last year or so, as the upload date was for about 8 months ago if I remember correctly. I'm now quite peeved at my own forgetfulness and Youtube's, as I was really looking forward to listen to that song again.

EDIT: The more I try and find it (and fail to), the angrier it's making me. Fucking Youtube...*Old man noises*

Reactions: Xprimentyl

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
Okay, I got a lot of irrational anger right now over something stupid. The other day, while driving a customer's car into my bay to start working on it, they had their radio set to the Sirius XM channel Watercolors (one of the jazz channels), when an absolutely lovely song came on. I loved it so much, that I quickly took the time to search this song on Youtube and watch a second or two to put it into my watched video history for me to come back to later. Well, it's now later, and wouldn't you know it that it both did not save the video into my history, or even the actual search needed to find it, and I cannot remember the name of the artists (there were two names that I saw, and I believe the song title was Emilie, but it has so far eluded me), but the song it seems came out within the last year or so, as the upload date was for about 8 months ago if I remember correctly. I'm now quite peeved at my own forgetfulness and Youtube's, as I was really looking forward to listen to that song again.

EDIT: The more I try and find it (and fail to), the angrier it's making me. Fucking Youtube...*Old man noises*
Wait is it Emeline by Kenny G? Also for future reference you can go on the Sirius website and see what has been playing recently. I just like Kenny G though.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Wait is it Emeline by Kenny G? Also for future reference you can go on the Sirius website and see what has been playing recently. I just like Kenny G though.
...I think so actually. That main melody sounds familiar, but what's throwing me off is I could have sworn the version I saw (on Sirius at least) had two artist names on it, and when I found it on Youtube it was the two of them in the middle of like a plain brown backdrop. This is great though, thanks.

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
...I think so actually. That main melody sounds familiar, but what's throwing me off is I could have sworn the version I saw (on Sirius at least) had two artist names on it, and when I found it on Youtube it was the two of them in the middle of like a plain brown backdrop. This is great though, thanks.
No problem, Sirius is fairly notorious for cycling a relatively small playlist on a channel so you might just be able to keep your eyes out for another version/song.

So YOU'RE the one...

Sorry, I've an irrational hatred towards easily marketable music.
Honestly its primarily a need for purely instrumental and relatively simple music. Anything else and it distracts me too much for listening at work. Which I guess means that easily marketable music is probably exactly what I want - before "lo-fi chill" I used to buy CDs of that tacky elevator muzak you could find around.

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
Gatekeeping.

You're the reason so many of us are screwed up in the fucking head, ALL of you who do this shit.

Especially tabletop gaming. Little boy, don't you DARE try that shit on me just because I don't think 3.5e is the shit, I still fucking have the red box AD&D set and micro-games older than your mother, IT IS BY MY HANDS THAT YOUR LANDS ARE SAFE!

davidmc1158

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Gatekeeping.

You're the reason so many of us are screwed up in the fucking head, ALL of you who do this shit.

Especially tabletop gaming. Little boy, don't you DARE try that shit on me just because I don't think 3.5e is the shit, I still fucking have the red box AD&D set and micro-games older than your mother, IT IS BY MY HANDS THAT YOUR LANDS ARE SAFE!
See, I tend to collect, especially gaming systems. So I have my old books form the red and blue boxed sets, my AD&D rule books, 2nd edition, 3.5, 4th and 5th even though I haven't really played since 2nd ed. (Switched over to Palladium near the end of the 2nd ed era).

Play what game you want to play. I discovered a loooooong time ago that the rules set you use has almost nothing to do with how much you enjoy a game, it's the other people around the table with you that make the difference.

As for complaints, why in the name of all that's holy and non is it so ingrained into human nature that when a person takes over a managerial position, they feel the innate need to destroy whatever their predecessor did in order to piss-mark their territory? The hospital where I get my cancer treatments has gone through a couple of managers in the span of about 5-6 years and the scheduling systems/software gets gutted and replaced just about the time that all the kinks finally get ironed out of the last system implemented. Almost makes me start rooting for the reptilian alien overlords to outright take over and sort this crap out.

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
Play what game you want to play. I discovered a loooooong time ago that the rules set you use has almost nothing to do with how much you enjoy a game, it's the other people around the table with you that make the difference.
I try. God I try. But so many people wont' fucking allow it, they won't even allow me my own GENDER identity half the time...

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
So we have this big ass mall that has a big rotating globe on the front, maybe three or four stories high. News started to come in that somehow the whole thing was gone, and some media outlets reported it was stolen.

Turns out, the whole fucking thing was a PR stunt for the awful, AWFUL Netflix movie Red Notice. I have never been more disappointed in my life. Fuck the media outlets who participated in this without acknowledging it was a goddamn ad too.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
I hate how my generation(Gen Z) loves uncomfortable clothing. Like really tight clothing. And if you wear comfortable clothing you are a nerd. No, fuck you gen z, I am neither smart enough to be a nerd since I don't have a computer science or engineering degree nor am I cool.

Fuck off both of you judging moronic groups.
I live with a few genz kids and they are just strange. Like genzs version of entertainment is just watching people scream incoherently on YouTube. I'm not exaggerating. Yesterday they watched a review of sirens...Like each countries warning sirens. Today it was just a shottlely animated video of people talking on discord and not like videos of streamers, just the discord application..

It's creepy like what entertains genz, it reminds me of one of those children of the corn movies. Genz will just be a separate language of memes that are ironic references to other obscure specific references to other memes.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I live with a few genz kids and they are just strange. Like genzs version of entertainment is just watching people scream incoherently on YouTube. I'm not exaggerating. Yesterday they watched a review of sirens...Like each countries warning sirens. Today it was just a shottlely animated video of people talking on discord and not like videos of streamers, just the discord application..

It's creepy like what entertains genz, it reminds me of one of those children of the corn movies. Genz will just be a separate language of memes that are ironic references to other obscure specific references to other memes.
That’s some next-level social programming. Then again, isn’t it GenY’s or older that loved watching Tiger King?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I live with a few genz kids and they are just strange. Like genzs version of entertainment is just watching people scream incoherently on YouTube.
Sounds like what YouTube's been all about since it's inception. But yeah, fuck TikToks and by extension YouTube shorts.

OT: Who the fuck is coming up with these clothing measurements? We bought my sister a new pair of jeans that claimed it was a 22", yet is slightly loose on my sister's 29" waist. I know there's such a thing as vanity sizing, but 7" is wayyyy too much.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
OT: Who the fuck is coming up with these clothing measurements? We bought my sister a new pair of jeans that claimed it was a 22", yet is slightly loose on my sister's 29" waist. I know there's such a thing as vanity sizing, but 7" is wayyyy too much.
Vanity sizing is a thing, but it's typically standardized by brand, i.e.: your sister being a 29" in one brand doesn't necessarily mean she'll be a 29" in all of them. Also why women's sizes are typically single numbers as opposed to intuitive measurements found in men's clothes; apparently, it's easier for women to swallow saying they're a size "14" than saying they've got a 34" waist. It's why a lot of women are known for brand loyalty; they know "who" fits them.

But yes, I think a 22" jeans being loose on a 29" waist is a bit much, even for vanity's sake.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Trying to buy a house right now and FUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK the market is so borked.

Places assessed at a value of $450,000 are being listed for $650,000 and sold for $750,000. Even when I put in an offer significantly above asking price I still get outbid by someone insane. Where are people getting all of this money? I thought the COVID lockdowns were supposed to cripple people's ability to buy stuff but the real estate market is more seller friendly than it's ever been. Houses are getting sold after being on the market for a week at 15% above asking price. It's insane.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I hate how my generation(Gen Z) loves uncomfortable clothing. Like really tight clothing. And if you wear comfortable clothing you are a nerd. No, fuck you gen z, I am neither smart enough to be a nerd since I don't have a computer science or engineering degree nor am I cool.

Fuck off both of you judging moronic groups.
I've never been a big fan of skinny jeans. Not right for my body type and I stay in good shape. What stores are around your area. I take it you don't have a lot of big and tall places nor places that actually have all varieties.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Trying to buy a house right now and FUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK the market is so borked.

Places assessed at a value of $450,000 are being listed for $650,000 and sold for $750,000. Even when I put in an offer significantly above asking price I still get outbid by someone insane. Where are people getting all of this money? I thought the COVID lockdowns were supposed to cripple people's ability to buy stuff but the real estate market is more seller friendly than it's ever been. Houses are getting sold after being on the market for a week at 15% above asking price. It's insane.
Man, can I relate. I'm not trying to buy a house, but the area we live in is getting insanely overpriced. My gf bought this house 11 years ago for about $190K; right now? It's valued at almost $450K. It was built in the fucking '70s. We've had to fix a lot of nickel and dime stuff over the years, a couple of major repairs, but God knows what issues are lurking underneath that any prospective buyer might have to deal with or we might have to fix before sale. It feels like we're sitting on a timebomb we could sell right now for a massive profit, but even if we did sell right now, our max asking price might net us a much smaller house.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Man, can I relate. I'm not trying to buy a house, but the area we live in is getting insanely overpriced. My gf bought this house 11 years ago for about $190K; right now? It's valued at almost $450K. It was built in the fucking '70s. We've had to fix a lot of nickel and dime stuff over the years, a couple of major repairs, but God knows what issues are lurking underneath that any prospective buyer might have to deal with or we might have to fix before sale. It feels like we're sitting on a timebomb we could sell right now for a massive profit, but even if we did sell right now, our max asking price might net us a much smaller house.
The only reason to sell right now is if you're planning on moving to a cheaper area.

My parents are kind of in the same boat. They bought a place 20 years ago for $330,000 and houses in their area are currently going for about $900,000, but if they sold for that price they wouldn't be able to afford living in the same city. We're in California though, so there's always the option of selling and moving to a cheaper state (which is all of them).

I'd like to buy a place because I'm sick of spending money on rent when I could have a mortgage for the same price and get a better place. The problem now is trying to get a place that's reasonably close to my work and my friends who live in the area. It just so happens that I live and work in one of the more expensive places in southern California.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
The only reason to sell right now is if you're planning on moving to a cheaper area.
Agreed. We've actually discussed selling and downsizing once her son graduates next year, but we're in a bit of a Mexican standoff between do we want to incur the cost of selling and dealing with any repairs someone who's got $450K to throw at us might expect plus moving expenses/hassles, or just stay here and die of old age still owing a few thousand dollars. We like the house well enough, and we've got a lot invested in it, but it feels like we're sitting on a lot of money we could pocket and move into something more befitting just the two of us eventually. But I know us; we'll get tired of mulling it over and probably just stay here, and once we decide that's the case, we'll probably have a water main break, flood the house, and blow the roof off the place.

My parents are kind of in the same boat. They bought a place 20 years ago for $330,000 and houses in their area are currently going for about $900,000, but if they sold for that price they wouldn't be able to afford living in the same city. We're in California though, so there's always the option of selling and moving to a cheaper state (which is all of them).

I'd like to buy a place because I'm sick of spending money on rent when I could have a mortgage for the same price and get a better place. The problem now is trying to get a place that's reasonably close to my work and my friends who live in the area. It just so happens that I live and work in one of the more expensive places in southern California.
The cost of living in California has always amazed me. Granted, I've never had any direct experience with it, but I know it to be astronomically high, yet I keep hearing stories of people willfully moving there. Don't get me wrong, as a 49ers fan, my life's goal is to build a house on the 50-yard line of Levi Stadium, and die there peacefully in my sleep after they win the Super Bowl in 2074, but the kind of scratch and credit California demands makes that an impossibility.