Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Vanity sizing is a thing, but it's typically standardized by brand, i.e.: your sister being a 29" in one brand doesn't necessarily mean she'll be a 29" in all of them. Also why women's sizes are typically single numbers as opposed to intuitive measurements found in men's clothes; apparently, it's easier for women to swallow saying they're a size "14" than saying they've got a 34" waist. It's why a lot of women are known for brand loyalty; they know "who" fits them.

But yes, I think a 22" jeans being loose on a 29" waist is a bit much, even for vanity's sake.
My sister just became a teenager, so up until now she's been using kids sizes (140, 150, etc). 29" is her actual waistline, not her usual size. The only reason we chose the 22" because we more or less knew what fit her. Hell we thought she somehow massively fucked up her measurements when we asked her to over the phone, but looking back, 22" is tiny. Literally the circumference of my face.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Just went to see a house where almost every part of the property description in the listing was a lie. It's amazing how blatant the lies were. I'm pretty sure the real estate agent was fishing for people who would make an offer on the property sight unseen just based on the description.

They claimed the property had upgraded bathrooms and an upgraded kitchen with stainless steel appliances and granite counter-tops. That there were updated double-pane windows, and a whole host of other features that don't exist in the house. It's 100% a scam.

I reported them to the better business bureau as a bait and switch, but given the current real estate market the house will probably be sold long before there's any kind of action against the realtor or the company they represent.

Last edited:

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Trying to buy a house right now and FUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK the market is so borked.
I initially misread that as you trying to buy a horse, and so you might imagine how shocked I was at the idea of prices around $500,000.

That reminds me of the time I was learning French in my teens, and thought it odd that in the textbook a girl was fobbing off a boy asking her out by saying she was busy washing her horses.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Tried to support a small business and be a little sustainable by buying something secondhand. The seller ended up sending me the wrong item, implied that I would need to send back the wrong product at my own expense, and instead offered that I could buy the wrong thing at 50% off. And now they're ghosting me.

Oh well, back to indulging in capitalism.

EDIT: I am considering leaving a bad review on their page, but also kind of don't want the bother of talking to these people again. They have no reviews as of yet, and I can see them begging me to change my one star review.

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Tried to support a small business and be a little sustainable by buying something secondhand. The seller ended up sending me the wrong item, implied that I would need to send back the wrong product at my own expense, and instead offered that I could buy the wrong thing at 50% off. And now they're ghosting me.

EDIT: I am considering leaving a bad review on their page, but also kind of don't want the bother of talking to these people again. They have no reviews as of yet, and I can see them begging me to change my one star review.
Go ahead a leave a bad review! A small business is still a business, and bad business practices should suffer consequences. How else will these people learn the most base tenet of business that "oh, if we don't fulfill the promises we've sold, people won't support our business." And if they've ghosted your request for a correction of their mistake, feel free to ghost them when they suddenly show up again asking you to "correct" your review.

Last edited:

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.

Had something very similar happen to me recently. Ordered something online through an aggregate retailer, and the seller sent me only 1/3rd of the items I bought. I gave them a chance to respond to my inquiries, but got ghosted. So I left a terrible review and comments on the aggregate site. Then I contacted the aggregate site about refund requests, and they contacted the seller. And I got the items sent to me overnighted at the seller's expense. I actually did change my horrible review, but simply updated the story... potentially a warning to anyone reading the review but not actually a bad review.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
@Bob_McMillan and @Kyrian007 posts reminded me of something I failed to complain about a couple months ago. In December of last year, we sent a package to my girlfriend's ex-husband's family in South Africa, a couple of Fracture pictures and a candle. It was a Christmas gift; we didn't expect it to make it by Christmas of 2020, but we figured they'd get it in a month or so. I watched the tracking number like a hawk for weeks, watched it move domestically, reach port, reach the South African port, then... it stopped moving; just "arrived in South Africa" for weeks. I figured it was delivered, the tracking status just not updated. But 9 MONTHS later, the package showed back up at our door looking like it'd been through hell and back twice. Label just said "undeliverable." We talked to her ex, and he confirmed, it's very difficult to ship to SA and that Amazon, y'know, the biggest shipping service in the world, doesn't even try to ship there. So I basically paid +$80 to ship a package to myself 9 over months, the time it takes to gestate a new human being.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
We got our second does of the Pfizer COVID vaccine yesterday. The first one three weeks ago went fine, a little tenderness at the injection site, but even that only lasted a couple of hours. The one yesterday was pretty much the same during the day, but I awoke at 4am this morning with a nightmare of a headache, back pain and a fever that has persisted to this very minute. I looked it up, and apparently, it's perfectly normal and in many cases expected, but doesn't last more than a day or two. Either way, this sucks. I'm exhausted but can't sleep since everything fucking hurts!

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
We got our second does of the Pfizer COVID vaccine yesterday. The first one three weeks ago went fine, a little tenderness at the injection site, but even that only lasted a couple of hours. The one yesterday was pretty much the same during the day, but I awoke at 4am this morning with a nightmare of a headache, back pain and a fever that has persisted to this very minute. I looked it up, and apparently, it's perfectly normal and in many cases expected, but doesn't last more than a day or two. Either way, this sucks. I'm exhausted but can't sleep since everything fucking hurts!
I got both jabs (Pfizer) and really didn't have any reaction to speak of.

Now I've tested positive for Covid and must quarantine in my basement. Trying to sleep in a recliner to stay away from my missus and daughter upstairs. Not the most restful ever. Hope that doesn't kill me!

Later today, my wife and daughter find out if they have it. Either they don't, which is good and we go on this way. Or they're positive. So I don't have to quarantine in the basement. Which would be nice, but I'm hoping that they are negative.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I got both jabs (Pfizer) and really didn't have any reaction to speak of.

Now I've tested positive for Covid and must quarantine in my basement. Trying to sleep in a recliner to stay away from my missus and daughter upstairs. Not the most restful ever. Hope that doesn't kill me!

Later today, my wife and daughter find out if they have it. Either they don't, which is good and we go on this way. Or they're positive. So I don't have to quarantine in the basement. Which would be nice, but I'm hoping that they are negative.
Wow, when were you vaccinated that you turned around and now have COVID?? How are you feeling? Do you feel the vaccine has helped to mitigate the symptoms? I sincerely hope your wife and daughter come back clean. How long do you intend to quarantine?

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Wow, when were you vaccinated that you turned around and now have COVID?? How are you feeling? Do you feel the vaccine has helped to mitigate the symptoms? I sincerely hope your wife and daughter come back clean. How long do you intend to quarantine?
I got the jabs about 6 months ago.
I worried that Covid might kill me. So, being alive may be credited with the jabs. Positive showed up 11/28 so, ten days from then. Thanks for your well wishing.
EDIT: Wife and daughter test negative.
New *****.
Some yahoos within ear shot are firing off what sound like semi auto weapons. A lot. I thought ammo was expensive now!?!? Wife called cops. They tell her as long as they are 300 yards from other structures, they can fire away. Thought bullets travel 600 yards.

Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
They tell her as long as they are 300 yards from other structures, they can fire away. Thought bullets travel 600 yards.
More than that, and this actually kind of surprised me when I went to double-check myself. Apparently a 9mm Parabellum round fired out of a typical handgun (~4.5in barrel) in perfect conditions can manage a maximum range of about 2300 yards (1.3 miles). It would have lost a lot of its energy by then, but I still wouldn't want to be hit by it. Rifle ammunition is even more of a problem- a 5.56x45mm round fired from an AR-15 has the potential to travel 3800 yards (2.1 miles).

Anyone "celebration" firing any sort of firearm in an open area that is not a dedicated and deliberately-constructed firing range, or literally in the middle of nowhere, should be thrown in jail.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
My girlfriend is making me watch the Christmas in Rockefeller Plaza Tree Lighting Special. I fucking hate the holidays.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Man, can I relate. I'm not trying to buy a house, but the area we live in is getting insanely overpriced. My gf bought this house 11 years ago for about $190K; right now? It's valued at almost $450K. It was built in the fucking '70s. We've had to fix a lot of nickel and dime stuff over the years, a couple of major repairs, but God knows what issues are lurking underneath that any prospective buyer might have to deal with or we might have to fix before sale. It feels like we're sitting on a timebomb we could sell right now for a massive profit, but even if we did sell right now, our max asking price might net us a much smaller house.
Its the land you’re on. There are houses in my part of Australia that are going for obscene amounts of dosh even if they’re retrograde pieces of shit, the older the better because block sizes have gone from 900-1000 square meters to about half that. Something I discovered in my house buying search seven odd years ago is that the house itself is a relatively small expense compared to the block of land: itself anything from 50 to 66 percent of the total cost.

So if you find one of those old places on a big arse block and can afford the million and change it likely values at, the extra couple hundred grand to get the old manky dwelling knocked down and a new one designed to your spec built is probably not an issue either.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
I'm sick of big cities, I travel 14 days a month for my job frequently visit NY LA Seattle, Minneapolis, Chicago, atlanta, denver, dallas, houston, las vegas, Toronto, Montreal etc etc. I'm tired of shitty public transportation, how dirty everything is, getting harassed by panhandlers, how unholy expensive everything is, and how strangely monoculture they all are. I hate flyover country but I swear I would rather overnight in Ft Meyers florida or boise idaho 1000 times before I ever set foot in NYC again.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I think I'm already experiencing some drift in my PS5 controller after 3 months.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
That reminds me of the time I was learning French in my teens, and thought it odd that in the textbook a girl was fobbing off a boy asking her out by saying she was busy washing her horses.
It was her shoes, right?

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
People who write 'T-shirt' with a lower case T. Look at the shape of the fucking letter.