Judge in Rittenhouse case might be a tad biased.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Seriously guys, just admit I can see the future. It'll be a lot easier in the long run.
Or can I see it because I pointed out that particularly left wing people just wouldn't let this go and would continue to try and go after him which means the only way he can go is towards the republican side.

If they're so upset with the university they could always just transfer themselves but they won't.

Reactions: Leg End

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Or can I see it because I pointed out that particularly left wing people just wouldn't let this go and would continue to try and go after him which means the only way he can go is towards the republican side.

If they're so upset with the university they could always just transfer themselves but they won't.
I mean if my predictions was limited only to what would happen on campus, yeah probably. But it wasn't, and isn't, so no not really.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

I'm just leaving this here.

While I think there are certainly media outlets loosing their mind over this verdict and spitting out a bunch of bullshit that isn't true and is only meant to increase outrage, on the other side of the coin i think the idea of giving Kyle a medal or award or anything for this is equally as stupid.

They are only hyping this up because it happened at a BLM protest/riot. So the fuel to make Kyle a racist pile of shit is easy pickings for people who don't have any desire to educate themselves on what happened, and most people wont even educate themselves on the trial itself which went over all the facts and the truth about what happened and how it happened.

Fact of the matter is this is just a guy who killed in self-defense and nothing more. And there are gun experts and activists that are impressed by how much control Kyle shows over the firearm. He handles the gun properly but also handles the shooting properly, in accordance with safety rules that gun trainers instruct people when handling a firearm. What I mean by that is Kyle never took an unsafe shot, he never fired the weapon when he wasn't absolutely sure he would hit his target and ONLY his target, keeping everyone else not involved in the incident directly safe. Which is pretty remarkable considering Kyle's age. At least that's what I've read, i dunno enough about guns to know if they are just dick stroking Kyle for whatever reason.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Best chance is take Matt Gaetz's offer.
Because he'll definitely turn out fine if he spend all his time with Matt fucking Gaetz. Look I agree that by the standards of the US justice system, this kid would be in jail if he was treated like a black kid (or shot dead before he ever saw the bakc of a police car). But the thing is, the solution to that problem isn't to punish white kids as badly as you punish black kids, it's to stop punishing black kids so harshly. Should he have been found completely innocent of any and all wrongdoing? I don't think so. But I see this response making the situation so much worse. You're making a martyr for the worst of the worst to rally around and giving him literally no option for life other than filling that role.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Because he'll definitely turn out fine if he spend all his time with Matt fucking Gaetz. Look I agree that by the standards of the US justice system, this kid would be in jail if he was treated like a black kid (or shot dead before he ever saw the bakc of a police car). But the thing is, the solution to that problem isn't to punish white kids as badly as you punish black kids, it's to stop punishing black kids so harshly. Should he have been found completely innocent of any and all wrongdoing? I don't think so. But I see this response making the situation so much worse. You're making a martyr for the worst of the worst to rally around and giving him literally no option for life other than filling that role.
First off, I ain't doing shit. I'm just predicting what's going to happen, and posting when it does. And again, Rittenhouse made his choices.
Chose to illegally get a gun.
Chose to break curfew.
Chose to go to a protest, armed.
And now he's choosing to do a Fox news exclusive documentary with Tucker Carlson. He's choosing to go to Mara Lago and meet with Donald Trump.
And for once in his life his actions are going to have actual consequences. Society doesn't owe this kid shit. He's not entitled to a good life. We learned that when it was a common conservative talking point the US offers equal opportunity, not equal outcome. Kyle, no pun intended, had his shot and took it. This is the life he had chosen.
And private companies don't owe him shit, we learned that when it was okay for bakeries to deny gays wedding cakes.

If he's a martyr to anything its to his own entitled hero complex and stupidity. His own lawyers told him to shut the fuck up and move, and his response was to go shake hands with Trump. I didn't force him to do that, you didn't, and society sure as shit didn't. But we get to judge him all the same.
Bill Cosby had his right to self-incrimination violated, and had his sexual assault conviction overturned and released from jail. He is a free man. How many of us are lining up to have a private drink with him in a hotel room?
George Zimmerman was found not guilty and acting in self defense when he ran a kid down and shot him. He's a free man. How many of us are trying to get him as our community watch leader?
We don't live in a vacuum where our actions are simply forgotten. Everyone faces consequences. Rittenhouse has chosen to compound his by embracing his right-wing media image.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
First off, I ain't doing shit. I'm just predicting what's going to happen, and posting when it does. And again, Rittenhouse made his choices.
Chose to break curfew.
And now he's choosing to do a Fox news exclusive documentary with Tucker Carlson. He's choosing to go to Mara Lago and meet with Donald Trump.
And for once in his life his actions are going to have actual consequences. Society doesn't owe this kid shit. He's not entitled to a good life. We learned that when it was a common conservative talking point the US offers equal opportunity, not equal outcome. Kyle, no pun intended, had his shot and took it. This is the life he had chosen.
And private companies don't owe him shit, we learned that when it was okay for bakeries to deny gays wedding cakes.

If he's a martyr to anything its to his own entitled hero complex and stupidity. His own lawyers told him to shut the fuck up and move, and his response was to go shake hands with Trump. I didn't force him to do that, you didn't, and society sure as shit didn't. But we get to judge him all the same.
Bill Cosby had his right to self-incrimination violated, and had his sexual assault conviction overturned and released from jail. He is a free man. How many of us are lining up to have a private drink with him in a hotel room?
George Zimmerman was found not guilty and acting in self defense when he ran a kid down and shot him. He's a free man. How many of us are trying to get him as our community watch leader?
We don't live in a vacuum where our actions are simply forgotten. Everyone faces consequences. Rittenhouse has chosen to compound his by embracing his right-wing media image.
1) Based on the amount of money he's likely going to get in defamation claim lawsuit money he's going to get a comfortable life lol
2) We should not be in a position where the court's ruling is thrown aside to support extra judicial punishments
3) He should be entitled to not have to deal with he bullshit of angry people who want to pin him with all their neurosis to make him a punching back to take out the anger for whatever it is they're actually against.
4) Equal opportunity means giving the opportunity to start with.
5) "Private companies don't owe him anything" is how we end up with the loudest most violent people controlling society alongside only the richest. It's truly dystopian to try and use private companies to punish individuals the way it's seemingly being tried to be used these days. Says something really when those yelling about how bad the system is are so reliant on the system to punish people for them and enact their punishments.

Reactions: Ravinoff

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
1) Based on the amount of money he's likely going to get in defamation claim lawsuit money he's going to get a comfortable life lol
2) We should not be in a position where the court's ruling is thrown aside to support extra judicial punishments
3) He should be entitled to not have to deal with he bullshit of angry people who want to pin him with all their neurosis to make him a punching back to take out the anger for whatever it is they're actually against.
4) Equal opportunity means giving the opportunity to start with.
5) "Private companies don't owe him anything" is how we end up with the loudest most violent people controlling society alongside only the richest. It's truly dystopian to try and use private companies to punish individuals the way it's seemingly being tried to be used these days. Says something really when those yelling about how bad the system is are so reliant on the system to punish people for them and enact their punishments.
1. Yeah probably.
2. There is no extra-judicial punishment. Merely people who don't want to be around him, and universities who don't want him attending their classes, online or otherwise.
3. He's not. No one is entitled to be immune to the consequences of their actions.
4. He had his opportunity. He chose to get a gun and use it. I didn't. You didn't. We don't have to deal with that life. Being 17 doesn't mean you're a magical little boy who can just shrug shit off.
5. Welcome to the rest of the world. We've been here for a long time. Wait until you learn about minorities and how they're treated.

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Chose to break curfew.
Except he didn't get the gun illegally. He was legally allowed to have that gun, that's why he wasn't charged with possession.
Dunno about the curfew, but likely justified if he felt his friend's dealership was in danger (spoilers, it was)
He didn't go to a protest. That shit came to him and he was protecting a single piece of property which he has every right to do. As do any of us.

Also it should be noted that any business moves or political moves he makes from this point forward are irrelevant. Kyle has every right to continue to live his life the way he sees fit (legally). And if he wants to use his momentary infamy to get whatever he can out of this, then so be it.

OJ Simpson literally wrote a book about how he murdered people and got away with it.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Except he didn't get the gun illegally. He was legally allowed to have that gun, that's why he wasn't charged with possession.
Dunno about the curfew, but likely justified if he felt his friend's dealership was in danger (spoilers, it was)
He didn't go to a protest. That shit came to him and he was protecting a single piece of property which he has every right to do. As do any of us.

Also it should be noted that any business moves or political moves he makes from this point forward are irrelevant. Kyle has every right to continue to live his life the way he sees fit (legally). And if he wants to use his momentary infamy to get whatever he can out of this, then so be it.

OJ Simpson literally wrote a book about how he murdered people and got away with it.
I agree. And OJ Simpsons isn't a well liked person. Rittenhouse has every right to write some trashy right-wing book about killing people, and the nation has every right to judge him for it.
Nothing has happened to Rittenhouse that isn't a direct response to his actions. Everyone else deals with consequences. So does he.
He has every right to be a political circus attraction and get all the infamy and fame he wants. I just think he's fucking stupid for doing it and will end up like all the others.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Nothing has happened to Rittenhouse that isn't a direct response to his actions. Everyone else deals with consequences. So does he.
He has every right to be a political circus attraction and get all the infamy and fame he wants. I just think he's fucking stupid for doing it and will end up like all the others.
Yeah but I feel like people are trying to look at what Rittenhouse is doing now as if it sort of retroactively prooves his guilt. Not saying you specifically, but it's setiments like what you've put here that i've seen throughout social media and news articles that still try to paint him as some sort of murder mastermind. The media really needed this kid to get the book thrown at him, and they are having a hard time coping with the reality and truth of the matter.

Honestly it's funny to watch, as in the video I posted today.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Yeah but I feel like people are trying to look at what Rittenhouse is doing now as if it sort of retroactively prooves his guilt. Not saying you specifically, but it's setiments like what you've put here that i've seen throughout social media and news articles that still try to paint him as some sort of murder mastermind. The media really needed this kid to get the book thrown at him, and they are having a hard time coping with the reality and truth of the matter.

Honestly it's funny to watch, as in the video I posted today.
I personally do think he was guilty, but I accept he was found innocent. And his actions post verdict have no standing what so ever on his case or the verdict.
I just think its funny he's doing the exact opposite of what is helpful for his life going forward. He should be thankful he's not in prison and trying his hardest to move on. Instead he's wallowing in his infamy and we know how that's going to go.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I personally do think he was guilty, but I accept he was found innocent. And his actions post verdict have no standing what so ever on his case or the verdict.
I just think its funny he's doing the exact opposite of what is helpful for his life going forward. He should be thankful he's not in prison and trying his hardest to move on. Instead he's wallowing in his infamy and we know how that's going to go.
I mean he is a kid, so he is going to take advantage of the limelight while he can. 🤷 Stupid as it may be, what else would he do in an age in which social media attention is king?

Why do you think he was guilty, and which charges would you say he is guilty of?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
1. Yeah probably.
2. There is no extra-judicial punishment. Merely people who don't want to be around him, and universities who don't want him attending their classes, online or otherwise.
3. He's not. No one is entitled to be immune to the consequences of their actions.
4. He had his opportunity. He chose to get a gun and use it. I didn't. You didn't. We don't have to deal with that life. Being 17 doesn't mean you're a magical little boy who can just shrug shit off.
5. Welcome to the rest of the world. We've been here for a long time. Wait until you learn about minorities and how they're treated.
2. Not universities, people at them.
3. And those actions society long ago decided should be judged by courts not the mob
4. And what's to stop people deciding you had your chance but just supported the wrong thing?
5. No we've really not outside of some warlord run states or drug cartel lands

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Nothin more apart from previously expressing a desire to do the thing he then did.
That's a lie.

Those were Looters, Kyle shot rioters and arsonists.
Also Kyle's actual actions were to call the police in the end on those looters and the police dealt with it because turns out Kyle wasn't serious in his claims in that video.

Which is clearly bullshit.
So is a lot of what you seem to sprew these days but people still at least pretend to entertain your stuff.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Which is clearly bullshit.
No it isn’t, it occurred on a different day in different circumstances. It had no bearing on the events of which he was charged.

And no my opinion of Rittenhouse as a gormless fuckwit has not changed. But the prosecution was comprised of syphilitic gibbons who couldn’t make a single charge stick. You want to be angry, be angry at them for fucking up their one job and not at the defence for not fucking up theirs.

Honestly they should have gone through every law on the state’s books that might have been applicable and gone for them. Even a couple of non-custodial misdemeanours as a shot across the kid’s bow to warn him that circumstances may not be in his favour next time. And I’ll also extend some ire to the actual adults in the room, the police, for not carding him and sending his ass home. A 17 year old had no place at that fiasco in any capacity.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
And no my opinion of Rittenhouse as a gormless fuckwit has not changed. But the prosecution was comprised of syphilitic gibbons who couldn’t make a single charge stick. You want to be angry, be angry at them for fucking up their one job and not at the defence for not fucking up theirs.

Honestly they should have gone through every law on the state’s books that might have been applicable and gone for them. Even a couple of non-custodial misdemeanours as a shot across the kid’s bow to warn him that circumstances may not be in his favour next time. And I’ll also extend some ire to the actual adults in the room, the police, for not carding him and sending his ass home. A 17 year old had no place at that fiasco in any capacity.
The prosecution tried what they could, my understanding is the DA's office chose the charges. The prosecution were just the lawyers overconfident and silly enough to take on the case. They tried kind of every dirty trick in the book they could to try and persuade the jury to vote the way they wanted via kind of emotional manipulation techniques etc but it didn't work.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
So you're just assuming that the prosecution would have compelled him to give up his silence. Even though that wasn't what they asked.

OK, well, I don't pay any credence to your assumptions, so we can move on.
Even mentioning that the accused remained silent in a fashion meant to suggest that it should be seen as suspicious is walking right up to the edge of a 5th Amendment violation and hoping that no one is willing to call you on it. He couldn't compel him to give up his silence (and in context he was already agreeing to speak), instead he was trying to make his silence so far seem suspicious. If the judge hadn't put a kibosh on it, it might have been used as a grounds for mistrial or appeal.

"Close ground", right, so he basically approached him.
According to the expert witness, all shots against Rosenbaum were at a distance less than 4 feet and Rosenbaum's hand was on or within a couple inches of the barrel when the gun was fired. That coupled with the video sounds a lot like Rosenbaum chased him down and was going for his gun.

I'm not gonna watch a 9 hour video, dude, just to find out you've embellished or made something up.
How much of the trial footage have you actually seen? I'm just curious. Because it seems like a lot of the people very upset (or even remotely surprised) by the verdict tend to be people who've seen bits and snips on social media or a couple of news stories as opposed to actually following the trial and seeing the same evidence and arguments brought before the jury.

A medal?? For the Kenosha Shooter?! I am shocked! SHOCKED I TELL YOU!
Marjorie Taylor Greene! Doing something that's useless, unlikely to achieve anything, but makes a big show for her Trumpist Republican supporters? I AM EVEN MORE SHOCKED!