Our Covid Response

Generals

Elite Member
May 19, 2020
Looks like they agree with the lunatic fringe who think pandemic control measures are communism.
The problem is that you're reading pro oppression and human rights abuses propaganda from Seanchaidh, you may as well trust Houseman on the US elections.
Here's the full article for context: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/12/business/china-zero-covid-policy-xian.html

Here are some examples from the article as to why they condemn the China way:

"In the northwestern city of Xi’an, hospital employees refused to admit a man suffering from chest pains because he lived in a medium-risk district. He died of a heart attack.

They informed a woman who was eight months pregnant and bleeding that her Covid test wasn’t valid. She lost her baby.

Two community security guards told a young man they didn’t care that he’d had nothing to eat after catching him out during the lockdown. They beat him up."

Do you agree with letting a woman lose her baby because her test wasn't valid?
Do you agree with someone dying needlessly from a heart attack because he lived in the wrong place?
And do you agree with beatings?

If not you agree with the article from NYT. If yes, you agree with Seanchaidh.

Reactions: tstorm823

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

Fun Fact; if you Google for COVID Testing Sites, there are a LOT of fake testing sites. While anecdotal, a lot of people report that their first result is for fake sites like that big one in Florida that just got busted.

At least she didn't do her "poor people are suffering super inappropriate cackle laugh" so...progress?

Also while I have you here Madam VP, can you ask Joe where the $600 he owes me is at? Thanks!

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

FYI for us 'Mericans

A day late and a dollar short but hey, when the next mutation happens because we're still content with doing jack shit about Covid comes, you'll at least have some tests handy in case you need them!

EDIT: Saturday is also when your insurance is supposed to be reimbursing you for buying at-home kits. We'll see how that actually goes but if you have insurance at least, you can get up to eight test kits reimbursed by your insurance company (so you still have to buy them but supposedly they have to pay you back for it and it doesn't go against your deductible or whatnot, though I guess like all our insurance, there are "in network" places to buy so make sure you check with your insurance company first before you go nutter butters buying from Walgreens only to find out your insurance is a CVS kind of gal).

EDIT 2.0: Christ, they're saying the tests will take 7-12 days before they'll ship. Plus whatever time it takes for them to actually ship. FFS, this isn't just a day late and a buck short, this was due weeks ago and you're missing...ah fuck, I should have said $600 short! Damn it, that would have been clever AF if I do say so myself...

Last edited:

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

Fun Fact; if you Google for COVID Testing Sites, there are a LOT of fake testing sites. While anecdotal, a lot of people report that their first result is for fake sites like that big one in Florida that just got busted.

At least she didn't do her "poor people are suffering super inappropriate cackle laugh" so...progress?

Also while I have you here Madam VP, can you ask Joe where the $600 he owes me is at? Thanks!
You know, we have private Covid testing site here. But not the corruption. How does America manage to find the most corrupt, Capitalist way of doing things every time?

No other country has this super power, except possible Romania

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
A day late and a dollar short but hey, when the next mutation happens because we're still content with doing jack shit about Covid comes, you'll at least have some tests handy in case you need them!
This is actually some intense incompetence. It was already difficult to find a test to buy, now the government is buying up tests in large numbers to prep for this free covid test policy, which is going to come into effect exactly as the post-Christmas omicron spike predictably falls off a cliff and demand for tests drop...

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
This is actually some intense incompetence. It was already difficult to find a test to buy, now the government is buying up tests in large numbers to prep for this free covid test policy, which is going to come into effect exactly as the post-Christmas omicron spike predictably falls off a cliff and demand for tests drop...
They'd rather people not know if they have COVID. This is just sound management.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Reactions: CM156

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
People who look into that sort of thing, the accents of the people who call me.
All the ones who call me have computer-generated automated statements.

Early in the pandemic, I was getting about three texts / calls a week from arseholes trying to convince me they were various organisations I urgently needed to confirm my bank details with or face threat of fines / arrest / etc.

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
All the ones who call me have computer-generated automated statements.

Early in the pandemic, I was getting about three texts / calls a week from arseholes trying to convince me they were various organisations I urgently needed to confirm my bank details with or face threat of fines / arrest / etc.
My favorite one is when a robot tried to convince me that unless I gave them my banking details my social security number would be suspended. Like... that's not how that works. At all.

Reactions: Agema

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
My favorite one is when a robot tried to convince me that unless I gave them my banking details my social security number would be suspended. Like... that's not how that works. At all.
I've never had one quite that stupid.

But I do know that when you're in deep shit, you can guarantee there'll be a letter through snail mail at minimum. Her Majesty's Revenues and Customs don't send vital messages threatening legal action by texts from random phone numbers.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
So, i got Covid. Probably from a kid at work. But its just aches and pains, headache and fatigue.

I've heard way worse

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America

People who look into that sort of thing, the accents of the people who call me.
Ah, scams delivered by internet or telephone specifically. Alright.

Scams delivered by legislation are presumably excluded.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

FYI for us 'Mericans

EDIT: Saturday is also when your insurance is supposed to be reimbursing you for buying at-home kits. We'll see how that actually goes but if you have insurance at least, you can get up to eight test kits reimbursed by your insurance company (so you still have to buy them but supposedly they have to pay you back for it and it doesn't go against your deductible or whatnot, though I guess like all our insurance, there are "in network" places to buy so make sure you check with your insurance company first before you go nutter butters buying from Walgreens only to find out your insurance is a CVS kind of gal).

EDIT 2.0: Christ, they're saying the tests will take 7-12 days before they'll ship. Plus whatever time it takes for them to actually ship. FFS, this isn't just a day late and a buck short, this was due weeks ago and you're missing...ah fuck, I should have said $600 short! Damn it, that would have been clever AF if I do say so myself...
This seems to have started a day early FYI

EDIT: I already ordered mine. Name, address, and email and you'll get a confirmation that your order has been placed.

Last edited: