Our Covid Response

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I wonder if there are a load of people who have a thing for weird stuff like drinking their own urine, but have just enough restraint to hold back from telling everyone because they realise just how bad it would make them look. And then something like covid comes along and they think to themselves "Hm, I've always been itching to advocate this, maybe I can get away with it now?"

I mean, pissing is literally a way your body removes stuff it doesn't want anymore, and which is likely to be toxic if it doesn't. What moron thinks it's a good idea to ingest it straight back, with the sole exception of where the alternative is dying of dehydration?

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Credit where due, even though it is late as hell in the game and shouldn't have taken nearly this long...

I actually had bought a test kit and looked to see if it would be covered and it was not so I had planned on only keeping one emergency test kit on hand but I might get a handful now to have just in case since I don't have to foot the $10 a test bill now (especially since at least as of now, I have a wedding to go to next month. At least it's relatively small as it's a destination wedding for my brother).

Last edited:

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
I wonder if there are a load of people who have a thing for weird stuff like drinking their own urine, but have just enough restraint to hold back from telling everyone because they realise just how bad it would make them look. And then something like covid comes along and they think to themselves "Hm, I've always been itching to advocate this, maybe I can get away with it now?"

I mean, pissing is literally a way your body removes stuff it doesn't want anymore, and which is likely to be toxic if it doesn't. What moron thinks it's a good idea to ingest it straight back, with the sole exception of where the alternative is dying of dehydration?
I hear pegging is 186% mor effective against omicron than the vaccine.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
The Supreme Court is debating on whether or not Occupational Safety and Health Administration can mandate a "Testing or Vaccines" policy. Shockingly (/sarcasm) the Originalists and Textualists on the Supreme Court are arguing that, well, the law is old and should really but up to modern interpretation instead of...original intent and text.

I'd laugh if it was fictional
Whenever someone says 'follow the original intent of a law,' about 90% of them mean their personal intent

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Whenever someone says 'follow the original intent of a law,' about 90% of them mean their personal intent
I see very little about "Originalism" except that it provides an intellectual fig leaf for conservatives to make conservative judgements when it would otherwise be hard to justify. I've read some of Scalia's explanations, and it looks to me like a very clever and long-winded of saying "I'll decide as it suits me", which is to be fair what all judges at that level do.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I see very little about "Originalism" except that it provides an intellectual fig leaf for conservatives to make conservative judgements when it would otherwise be hard to justify. I've read some of Scalia's explanations, and it looks to me like a very clever and long-winded of saying "I'll decide as it suits me", which is to be fair what all judges at that level do.
It's just the Appeal to Authority fallacy. That's why they justify it the way they do

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Just in case someone missed it :

Seems like China eventually got more serious Covid outbreaks again. Seems like Omicron is a real challenge for its zero-Covod strategy.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Just in case someone missed it :

Seems like China eventually got more serious Covid outbreaks again. Seems like Omicron is a real challenge for its zero-Covod strategy.
They're probably also worse than they say, because China will just lie about everything and only release what they want everyone to think.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Well, another Wednesday, another "Hey Tippy, you had a close contact!!!"

What is up with Wednesdays and trying to kill Tippy :(

EDIT: Weirdly enough, today is the first time I actually kind of feel like shit. But as I've talked about before, I've been dealing with chronic headache issues for the last twoish years and so I can't tell if I'm getting sick because I keep getting close contacts and finally caught Covid or if my headaches are making their first surprise appearance in 2022...

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
They're probably also worse than they say, because China will just lie about everything and only release what they want everyone to think.
If so, that is probably a necessary counterbalance to whatever this is