General Gaming News.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Maybe this should be under gaming jokes but anyway.

My first thought was "What now?" and then realized how accurate the title is.

My next thought was "Oh no......anyways".
I knew a streamer who did his best to get hype built up for that game. There really was nothing he could do for it.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I knew a streamer who did his best to get hype built up for that game. There really was nothing he could do for it.
I don't know if I feel bad for him..... actually I do but I can't decide if it's because he was trying to hype it up and failing or he chose to hype it up in the first place

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Why are GAMERS TM even surprised at this point? This is nothing new for the industry or a lot of games in general. Do you idiots know how often fighting games reuse animations?

Nooooooo! Everything is lies! Everything is liieeessss! (Runs into a Dark void)

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Eat a choad, Mr Ubisoft Man.
Meanwhile, here's a list of all the games that Ubisoft has discontinued multiplayer support for. Imagine if you'd bought an NFT for Far Cry: Blood Dragon or Rainbow Six Vegas 2. What worth would they have now?

Ubisoft's Quartz bullshit only has value for the exact amount of time that the company chooses to keep the lights on for whatever game the NFTs are in. They know we know this, but they need us to give them even more money, so they're doing their best to make us forget.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Meanwhile, here's a list of all the games that Ubisoft has discontinued multiplayer support for. Imagine if you'd bought an NFT for Far Cry: Blood Dragon or Rainbow Six Vegas 2. What worth would they have now?

Ubisoft's Quartz bullshit only has value for the exact amount of time that the company chooses to keep the lights on for whatever game the NFTs are in. They know we know this, but they need us to give them even more money, so they're doing their best to make us forget.

Reading that list reminded me R.U.S.E was briefly a thing. Remember RUSE? Don't answer that. Nobody does. Pretty sure next to nobody bought it at any rate.

Oh, and Haze too. Another game pretty much disappeared into the mists of gaming history. Interesting idea but apparently totally forgettable otherwise

Reactions: BrawlMan

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Why are GAMERS TM even surprised at this point? This is nothing new for the industry or a lot of games in general. Do you idiots know how often fighting games reuse animations?

Some folks really need the internet taken away from them. Bitching about $70 games is justifiable, but expecting every animation to be made from scratch again in a SEQUEL is deserving of these people all being strapped to a tree while an elephant rubs its ass on them and farts on their faces.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

FromSoftware are always recycling animations and assets between their popular soulsborne games, to a far more consistent degree, so it's a bit rich of the gamers(tm) to only single out these devs at this point.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Hot diggity -

Doubt it was “on purpose” though, vs the more likely explanation being a somewhat lack of prudence while posting snapshot details.

Also Ed Boon will be inducted into AIAS at the Dice Awards -

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Yeah, saw this too. Kind of sad. It's basically the end of a very long era. Tho not unexpected that Sega is pulling out. Japanese arcades were already not doing great, with games losing ever more ground to stuff like photo booths and claw machines to keep afloat. But then Covid came along, and might just turn out the death knell.

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States
Hot diggity -

Doubt it was “on purpose” though, vs the more likely explanation being a somewhat lack of prudence while posting snapshot details.

So their skipping Injustice?

Brokencontroller

Elite Member
Dec 30, 2021
Country
usa
It’s a strong possibility, given there’s been talks of NRS being sold off by WB so they are leaning into what brings in the most $$ ahead of the typically alternating release schedule.
I think there is more mileage in a new MK game anyway. Injustice feels like people drop out of it quickly.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Hot diggity -