General Gaming News.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States

Back in November, the Zelda Reverse Engineering Team announced that it had completed its months-long project of decompiling The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time's ROM into fully human-readable C code. Now, a group building on that work says it is nearing the release of a fully moddable PC port of the game.

The Harbour Masters coding team (which shares some members with but is separate from the Zelda RET project) said its porting effort is currently about 90 percent complete. The project will hopefully be ready for release as a public repository by late February, lead developer Kenix told Ars Technica.
While the long developed RE4 HD textures will be released in the beginning of the month.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Eat a choad, Mr Ubisoft Man.
I genuinely don't understand why antagonizing the consumer base would accomplish anything. At least EA tried to make bunch of shitty excuses for their games ("Because it's not canon", "It's a surprise mechanic", etc). Like, at least try to say something that might appease even the smallest part of the consumers?

This is Blizzard's response to WC3 all over again.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
This is Blizzard's response to WC3 all over again.
Where Blizzard offered refunds, and where the problems with the game were due to internal mismanagement?

I'm not seeing a parallel here.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Where Blizzard offered refunds, and where the problems with the game were due to internal mismanagement?

I'm not seeing a parallel here.
I was referring to when they said "First off, we want to say we’re sorry to those of you who didn’t have the experience you wanted" Yes, they did offer refunds, but that quote makes it sound like somehow it's the consumer's fault for expecting a decent remaster of the game.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
That PS1 style demake of Bloodborne has released.
Might wanna grab it now, just in case Sony decides to be a dick to take it down
I love seeing the craft behind a good demake. There's a fine line between nostalgic and just outright bad when it comes to old graphics and gameplay, so seeing someone manage to thread the needle makes me happy.

Reactions: Chimpzy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

TL;DR
Scoreboard and voice comm is coming in next update, k/d and end of round briefing coming in future update, no plans for contents anytime soon, season 1 is delayed until summer, and we would rather focus on the season 1 store than adding in any new contents.

Yeah, this is gonna go exactly as we’re all thinking, isn’t it?

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

State of play tomorrow focusing on Gran Turismo 7 mostly. Should be cool, I'm looking forward to a good chill racing sim to be honest, while I sit back and play it on a controller like an uncultured swine.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler