General Gaming News.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Not gonna say the high praise for ER had anything to do with this, but the timing is peculiar. Whatever the case, I’ll take it. I can understand not having it for machine parts but kinda odd it doesn’t include normal animals. Also doesn’t say anything about while on a mount so guessing no there too.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Not gonna say the high praise for ER had anything to do with this, but the timing is peculiar. Whatever the case, I’ll take it. I can understand not having it for machine parts but kinda odd it doesn’t include normal animals. Also doesn’t say anything about while on a mount so guessing no there too.
Tsushima got this right on day one. I'm surprised it took the team this long to figure it out. At least it's there now.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

The animation is so fucking fast though, I don't see why this was such a complaint. Red Dead 2 and Last of us both had stupid long animations for picking shit up. But Aloy is typically really fast with it and I don't even notice.

ER not having any animation is more of a cut corner than a design choice if I had to guess. It's a nice corner to cut because crafting is a waste of time in that game so.....

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
The animation is so fucking fast though, I don't see why this was such a complaint. Red Dead 2 and Last of us both had stupid long animations for picking shit up. But Aloy is typically really fast with it and I don't even notice.

ER not having any animation is more of a cut corner than a design choice if I had to guess. It's a nice corner to cut because crafting is a waste of time in that game so.....
Cuz "realism!" & "art!".
It’s funny because in RDO animations in general are sped up a bit like roughly double, and you can also pick herbs from your horse, but of course Rockstar never patched that into Story mode. Even fast travel takes less than half the time, but that’s probably because the world isn’t nearly as populated with interacting NPCs.

Speaking of, the lack of a fast crafting solution was always my biggest gripe. The rest fit well with the thematics of the game, so the slower pace never bothered me.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

If the nine new games are legitimate, the full ‘Shocking 10’ series is as follows:

Sol Cresta
Belt Scroll Galactic Yankee Action (tentative)
Battle Action Breakout (tentative)
SF Superhero Soccer (tentative)
Pretty Great Side-Scrolling Action (tentative)
Constellation-Based Side-Scrolling Shooter (tentative)
High-Speed Action Racing Game (tentative)
Dynamite Sexy Puzzle (tentative)
Ultimate Top View Bastard Action (tentative)
Apocalyptic Giant Robot Fighting (tentative)
Speaking to VGC earlier this year, Kamiya revealed that the next games in Platinum’s Neo Classic Arcade series were already in the planning stages.

“The most I can say is that we do have some ideas and we’re already thinking about the next step,” he said. “I’ve got an idea or two on the back burner that I’m already writing about as well, so I’ve got a lot going on in my head that I want to reveal to you when the time is right

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Last edited:

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

Halo Infinite's CM admits the game is a bit of a hot mess.

It just sounds like more PR bullshit. Like, no kidding the team needs more time. Really feels like the game should've been delayed for at least 6 months. Gaming Community is surprisingly patient with releases, save for couple of individuals

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

It just sounds like more PR bullshit. Like, no kidding the team needs more time. Really feels like the game should've been delayed for at least 6 months. Gaming Community is surprisingly patient with releases, save for couple of individuals
I guess infinite (zing!) spending only goes so far.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

"We've made a Live Service out of this. Now we just wait for the money to roollllll in"-343, probably.

Nobody wants to work anymore.

It's like they looked at all the backlash regarding microtransactions lately and thought "what if we could get in on some of that hate?".
"But can we put some NFT's in this?"

The poor decision train just keeps chugging

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012

Eh, if you go all in on the rogue archetype/arcane build, its pretty effective (assuming you lucky guess which statuses apply to what correctly. Turns out you can give a dude super-infested with Rot even more Rot, a statue frostbite, and periodically can bleed a ghost (and amusingly, the Lord of Blood).

Although with any reasonably tanky ashes summons its easier to just whip the appropriate dragonbreath out (although the bleed spells are way farther off)

If it wasn't such an obnoxious recipe to get to, I'd make a series of just killing every open world boss with two rot pots lol

Reactions: CriticalGaming