Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I have an old MP3 of the song 'Streets of London', now originally the song was composed and sung by Ralph McTell, and Roger Whittaker did a cover in the 70s. However my version is (somehow) tagged as being from the Sex Pistols. Now I'm reliably informed that isn't them, but fuck me if I can find out WHO it is.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Before the 2022 Formula 1 season started, I was scouring the F1 store for Valtteri Bottas gear with his new team (Alfa Romeo.) I finally found his official hat, and ordered it immediately a month ago. Finally showed up yesterday aaaand...
1649688590955.png
Left is what I ordered; right is what I got. It's still a nice hat, well crafted with some nice touches, but I really wanted the OFFICIAL hat, the one Bottas actually wears on the paddock. I contacted customer service, and all they could offer me was a 20% refund if I didn't want to return it and wait ANOTHER month or two for them to ship the correct item, plus, they said they're "having issues" with the correct item anyway. Bugger all... I took the 20%; lord knows when I'll actually see it.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
So I took my PS5(that I got a week or so ago) for a test drive trying out Astro's Playroom earlier and about 10 min in, the TV decided it was done and just turned off and will not turn back on. Which means I need to get a new TV to connect to it(this is the TV I only use for consoles though and not the one we use for regular tv and such). It was a 15 year old TV though. At least the PS5 is fine, because if that shit the bed I would have been fucking pissed. It's just annoying but hey, you can still get TV's at least.

Masonicon

Legacy
Apr 14, 2011
Country
Indonesia
how's my complains:
  1. people think we're more likely to extinct IRL before War on Terror fully ends than seeing Ash Ketchum's 11th birthday in actual show as well we (as a species) getting into anything (zanier) Science fiction IRL
  2. Orangeshipping(Misty x Tracey) is more canon than Digimon's Takari(Takeru x Hikari)
  3. people pretending anything outside current consensus reality never exist IRL

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
So I took my PS5(that I got a week or so ago) for a test drive trying out Astro's Playroom earlier and about 10 min in, the TV decided it was done and just turned off and will not turn back on. Which means I need to get a new TV to connect to it(this is the TV I only use for consoles though and not the one we use for regular tv and such). It was a 15 year old TV though. At least the PS5 is fine, because if that shit the bed I would have been fucking pissed. It's just annoying but hey, you can still get TV's at least.
I had to replace two of our TVs within a month of each other, then I had to replace one of the replacements a month after that. Wifey was trying to dust the media cabinet behind the new TV, pulled it forward and tried to balance it precariously on the edge of said cabinet before, welp, boom. She stayed home and cried while I drove up to Best Buy. I was on a first name basis with the staff at this point; felt like an episode of Cheers.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Oh, yeah! Got pulled over a couple days ago for an expired registration. I don't know what it is about me, but every, single year, I forget to renew on time. My birthday was a couple weeks ago, and I knew I had to renew by April 1st, but my brain just cannot retain that information prior to expiration. Fortunately, the officer was really cool about it, saying he wasn't going to write me a citation, he just wanted to let me know he knew and nudge me to take care of it. It's done now.

Tangentially, Texas registration is on the front windshield; how do cops see it when they're behind you?? I don't know how it is in other states, but in Ohio, your registration is on your rear license plate, so it makes sense they can see an expired tag.

Anyway, I'm legal again. This time next year, expect a similar post.

Masonicon

Legacy
Apr 14, 2011
Country
Indonesia
Even more complains: people thinks we(as a species and our cousins) are cursed to extinct in the ways that make vegans cry

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Had two teeth pulled today. Mouth tastes bloody, anesthesia's worn off. Fun times.
I feel like a sadist "liking" a post about someone's pain. Rest assured, that's a sympathetic "like."

That said, dentists ARE sadists. When I had a molar pulled a few years ago, I tried to settle on just the local numbing, but when the dentist all but put his knee in my chest for added leverage as he tried to force the tooth out, I freaked out, and they had to gas me. It didn't hurt, it was just the idea of this guy pulling on my tooth like it was rusty lug nut with no care for the conscious patient beneath him that was not a lifeless automobile. I hate dentists.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Had two teeth pulled today. Mouth tastes bloody, anesthesia's worn off. Fun times.
Huh, I was at the dentist today as well.

Though, you didn't actually say you got your teeth pulled out at the dentist, but I'm assuming (and hoping) that was the case.

Reactions: Chimpzy

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I feel like a sadist "liking" a post about someone's pain. Rest assured, that's a sympathetic "like."

That said, dentists ARE sadists. When I had a molar pulled a few years ago, I tried to settle on just the local numbing, but when the dentist all but put his knee in my chest for added leverage as he tried to force the tooth out, I freaked out, and they had to gas me. It didn't hurt, it was just the idea of this guy pulling on my tooth like it was rusty lug nut with no care for the conscious patient beneath him that was not a lifeless automobile. I hate dentists.
Not fond of dentists either. Tho the removal wasn't bad in terms of physical discomfort. Not that it wasn't uncomfortable in other ways. Like how they put a cloth over my head with a hole for the mouth so the superbright light didn't shine into my eyes the whole time, which made me all the more aware of all the sounds of scraping and crunching of metal tools on my teeth. Also the bit of anesthetic they spilled into my mouth which I reflexively swallowed, which then numbed my throat, then led to the very unpleasant sensation of feeling blood/saliva in the back of my throat, but not being able to swallow properly.
Huh, I was at the dentist today as well.

Though, you didn't actually say you got your teeth pulled out at the dentist, but I'm assuming (and hoping) that was the case.
Yeah, dentist. Had to be removed as part of my pre-transplant preparations, to prevent possible complications from inflammation. Two wisdom teeth tho, so no big loss. They honestly should've been pulled a decade ago, but never gave me any trouble before, so I kept forgetting about it.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I only feel secure in saying this now as I think the worst is finally over, but I've had a dozy of a few weeks. It started with a weird sense of pressure in my upper front teeth which then resulted in the worst fucking pain I've ever felt in my left upper jaw. Well, I say pain, but to be more correct it was a tension that fucking drove me insane. I mean, it still hurt like a b*tch, but that constant sense of pressure from my jaw all the way across my cheek and temple was fucking hell. Couldn't sleep because my brain automatically focused on it, unlike pain which I can somewhat ignore and grow accustomed to.

Finally got a root canal treatment, which got rid of the pain and more importantly that fucking pressure. Still need to get the second treatment (apparently this goes in two's), but as it stands I can finally feel like not one big giant nerve ending. It was only one week of this nightmare, but it's surprising how fast you can be driven to ultimate despair for something so seemingly benign.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Not fond of dentists either. Tho the removal wasn't bad in terms of physical discomfort. Not that it wasn't uncomfortable in other ways. Like how they put a cloth over my head with a hole for the mouth so the superbright light didn't shine into my eyes the whole time, which made me all the more aware of all the sounds of scraping and crunching of metal tools on my teeth. Also the bit of anesthetic they spilled into my mouth which I reflexively swallowed, which then numbed my throat, then led to the very unpleasant sensation of feeling blood/saliva in the back of my throat, but not being able to swallow properly.
See? Stuff of nightmares. Should I never need extensive dental surgery again, I'm asking to be put under total anesthesia; I'm a human being, not a goddamn Chevy.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Car shopping for my gf's son. Ugh. We just drove 30 miles in nigh rush hour traffic to test drive a used car that was NOTHING as advertised. Okay, I won't exaggerate; they got the color right; outside of that it was a piece of shit they're asking over $6K for. To show just how shady this place was, we EASILY could have stolen that car. He never once asked for any driver's license or anything! He didn't even ask our names! We were in his store for all of 42 seconds, mentioned the car we were interested in, he stepped out to use the fob to echolocate the car, slapped the temp plate on, then handed my gf the keys.

The left-rear tire is touching the suspension, so it squeals every time you hit a bump. The chassis is misaligned in several places despite their swearing it has never been in an accident. There's no spare tire. There's a mysterious hole in the dash where a button for SOMETHING used to be, but there's no telling what that was. There was somehow TWO CDs in the CD player, and no, it wasn't a disc changer deal; just some asshole crammed two discs into the single-disc slot. And it smells like cigarettes. I am absolutely amazed how some people maintain their business.

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
I just spent a week straight studying for a job interview in my field, only for them to ask a bunch of questions about shit that is at best tangentially related to what I do and what was in the job posting. At the end I asked them to take me through the job description to make sure I didn't apply to the wrong damn thing, but it turns out they just have weirdass priorities. They even made mention of the fact that a lot of other applicants have asked to run through job responsibilities and it took everything in my soul not to scream "because they're BRIDGE ENGINEERS and not ROADWAY DESIGNERS".

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Based on the description of said car, I wonder if he was hoping you would.
Wouldn't be slightly surprised if that's the case. I've never been to that part of town, but it truly is amazing how many used car dealerships there are there, small lots with inventories of a few dozen cars, side by side for blocks upon blocks occasionally interrupted by a taqueria, laundromat or run-down auto repair shop. I think stealing a vehicle in that part of town is a misdemeanor at best; you might even get off with just a warning.

That said, for a teenager's first car that will inexorably find itself wrapped around a fire hydrant, it wouldn't be a bad area to shop around for a beater were it closer to us, but if it were closer to us, I'd want to move further away. I think that town gave me COVID, Omega variant.

Reactions: Kyrian007

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Nerds that are bored of their own nerdiness piss me off. I listen to a bunch of game podcasts and on one of them I've noticed the hosts seeming to be disinterested in really talking about what they're into. It's not in a rote, "Ah, I've done this all before, whatever." way, they're talking about stuff they wanted to do, they didn't force themselves just to have something to talk about, but there's no... spark, to it, it's like they're talking about the weather in a "Huh, that's interesting." Kind of way or something.

I mean, I get bored of things I do as well but I try to change things up a little bit when it's clear I'm losing interest in something. It just seems so antithetical to the very concept of being a nerd to talk about something you have no passion for.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
So I had to change my steam password and my GOG password and that became an exercise in frustration.

So....
1.) LET ME SEE MY PASSWORD WHEN I WANT TO! Because if you're telling me my password is wrong, but I can't see it because it's all covered by dots, I don't know what part of it I'm fucking up. Even worse, if I'm trying to change my fucking password and you ask me to enter it, enter it again, and then tell me "Passwords don't match" I can't fucking tell where I messed that up either because I CAN"T SEE EITHER ONE OF THEM! So now I have to enter both of them again and hope I don't make a mistake entering either one of them. I know why the dots exist, but I'm doing this in my HOUSE. Nobody is reading this over my fucking shoulder unless they're in the same room with me and at that point I'm not really worried about my fucking password as much as why is this person in the room with me

2.) Steam, I use the authenticator to make it more secure, but when my password gets changed(or I forget it) then it asks me to go to the authenticator. Fair enough, but If I change the password, I need to go into the steam app on my phone to see the code you want to confirm, which I CAN'T GET TO BECAUSE I NEED TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD, because changing my password logs me out of STEAM ON MY PHONE, so I have to use the backup method of sending links and codes to my e-mail and my phone, so why am I using the damn authenticator anyway?

Seriously, There's no fucking point to so much security when you make the requirements so stupid I have to write down the password in case I forget it at which point now my passwords are written down which is a security breach in itself.