Lifting Masks = Back to Getting Down With The Sickness

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
One city masked kids in Finland, the other didn't. Result: No difference.
Uh-huh.

Does he delve into this one and theorise how the compared cities and criteria aren't actually as watertight as all that, or does he only do that to papers that don't say what agrees with his prejudices?

Reactions: BrawlMan

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Being a teacher in Texas must be like being in an abusive relationship. "Fuck you! I love you. But fuck you!!"
In a sense, it's just the government learning from business.

Squeeze employees in every way possible, and then when you suddently find you don't have enough employees, frantically throw money and perks at people to get them in. Then promptly start squeezing them again.

If that means critical services like health and education go without cover rather where in the private sector it would just mean a delay on a widget order, just shrug.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Uh-huh.

Does he delve into this one and theorise how the compared cities and criteria aren't actually as watertight as all that, or does he only do that to papers that don't say what agrees with his prejudices?
He cares about the method far more than the results. I don't know why you think he has some anti-mask prejudice. You're the one with the prejudice that masks work for whatever reason when there's no data that they do work pre or post covid. He said he would've preferred a randomized study obviously but it is one of the stronger studies method-wise, not really because the methods were great but because they were better than the methods of most other studies because they're usually so bad.

So opening up has cured all the problems with kids and school right?

Texas school district to adopt 4-day week amid teacher shortage - ABC News (go.com)

In Texas, they cant find enough teachers so they are going to a 4 day school week and giving bonuses to encourage teachers to stay
Funny how increasing the pay has the school district down to only one open teaching position. And the article links to another article about having schools start later that I mentioned in the Daylight Savings thread as the sun coming up later in the morning might get schools to change their start times to reasonable times for kids.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Sterling is hit with Covid unfortunately. You just focus on getting better and recovering.

Edit: Activision are being their scummy selves as usual. They are dropping masks mandates, getting rid of vaccine requirements in a few months. There's also that Governor interfering with the investigation too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Sterling is hit with Covid unfortunately. You just focus on getting better and recovering.

Edit: Activision are being their scummy selves as usual. They are dropping masks mandates, getting rid of vaccine requirements in a few months. There's also that Governor interfering with the investigation too.

I'm surprised they hadn't caught it earlier honestly given their extensive travel and wrastlin career.

But Covid had been weird like that. I know someone who took every precaution in the world catch it in their one grocery trip of the month (granted though, this was prevaccine) and I know people who take zero precautions and think that masks and vax are for stupid sheeple just running around livin their best life with no (known) COVID sickness.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Hell, a good chunk of JP Hololive either has it or has had it recently and they don't tend to get out much.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Hell, a good chunk of JP Hololive either has it or has had it recently and they don't tend to get out much.
They must have gotten really unlucky when they either decide to go out and get something, or got it from a friend or relative that came to their home, or that they visited.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
How do you know?

I've already explained why I think he may be biased, and I'm happy that my suspicions are reasonable.
By literally everything he's said and done in his career.

If the data is there to support masks, then it would be there, but it's not.

Why would mask mandates or vaccine mandates stop covid from spreading. The basic math says vaccine mandates do nothing. And no long-term data says mask mandates do anything either.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
They must have gotten really unlucky when they either decide to go out and get something, or got it from a friend or relative that came to their home, or that they visited.
They had a big virtual concert about a month ago, along with a real world expo. Then two weeks later, the first wave of JP got it. Then two weeks after that, the next batch of JP got it.

Predictable, really

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
What I'm struggling to understand about the mandate being lifted that either no one has answered or maybe I just haven't seen it is this...

This judge lady was appointed by Trump, correct? So she's been a judge for most if not all of COVID. So why is it now unconstitutional but it wasn't unconstitutional a week ago or a month ago or two years ago? What has changed in Covid that it is now unconstitutional to be forced to wear a mask in a plane and/or bus?

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I've always wanted to hear from the anti mask crowd, what's their opinion on clothing? Do they think it should be okay for someone to walk around naked? If country/state/city have laws saying people must be clothed, do they think those are governmental overreaching that should be protested against, violently if necessary? What if a store owner refuse to serve naked people, are they outrage by this? If a parent bring their kid naked to school, would they be okay with that?

They might say its different, which I agree. In one case you can reduce the chance of transferring a lethal disease, in the other, you might see some people private parts.

Reactions: Dalisclock

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
This judge lady was appointed by Trump, correct? So she's been a judge for most if not all of COVID. So why is it now unconstitutional but it wasn't unconstitutional a week ago or a month ago or two years ago? What has changed in Covid that it is now unconstitutional to be forced to wear a mask in a plane and/or bus?
The judge would have to wait for a case challenging the mandate to reach her in order for her to rule on it. Why it took this long for someone to get one there, I couldn't tell you.

Reactions: tippy2k2

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
What I'm struggling to understand about the mandate being lifted that either no one has answered or maybe I just haven't seen it is this...

The mandates were not done through normal processes, they were enacted using rules that allow them to skip the normal red tape in the case of an emergency for the purposes of public welfare. They very recently moved to extend the mandates, still skipping the red tape, and the judge basically said that those red tape ignoring powers don't go indefinitely, and voided the most recent extension. So it's not saying it was unconstitutional to begin with, just the extended duration exceeded the authority of the legal powers being used.

Reactions: tippy2k2

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
The judge would have to wait for a case challenging the mandate to reach her in order for her to rule on it. Why it took this long for someone to get one there, I couldn't tell you.
You know what the best part is...?

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal

Don't know why it took so long but here's the ruling:

I've always wanted to hear from the anti mask crowd, what's their opinion on clothing? Do they think it should be okay for someone to walk around naked? If country/state/city have laws saying people must be clothed, do they think those are governmental overreaching that should be protested against, violently if necessary? What if a store owner refuse to serve naked people, are they outrage by this? If a parent bring their kid naked to school, would they be okay with that?

They might say its different, which I agree. In one case you can reduce the chance of transferring a lethal disease, in the other, you might see some people private parts.
Clothing has to do with sexual type stuff. Some businesses do require more than just clothing to cover genitals like the "no shirt, no shoes, no service" signs and businesses can discriminate against anything they want other than sex, race, etc. With masks, they've never been proven to reduce transmission so I don't get why anyone would be pro-mandate just looking at the data (the highest quality data we do have). If you wanna mandate something that does indeed reduce transmission, it would be ventilation, though that would be kinda hard to set some standard on obviously.