Your video game hot take(s) thread

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
So you have a fever? You should rest and have some soup.
I have a BA in Econ, and Political Science with a focus on International Relations, and an Associate of Arts. They are all accredited. Where is your education?

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Enjoy not understanding what you claim to have studied.
You do realize offensive, and defensive realism is a thing, right? Or are you that dense to think the world operates only on smiles, diplomacy, and marshmallows?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Capcom really needs to make a new Final Fight game. It don't have to be like SOR4, but it will need several life improvements. Make it play like how Sevens Sons was originally going to play before being turned in to Streetwise. I don't mind a 2.5D brawler.

We need a Shang-Chi game pronto! Think of the potential!

Earthworm Jim 2 is good game, but I don't find it as interesting as the first game.

I was never a fan of Toe Jam & Earl. I really never got the appeal or obsession certain Sega fans had with them. Ecco the Dolphin never did anything for me either.

The Tomb Raider franchise needs to be given to a different studio altogether not named Crystal Dynamics nor Naughty Dog. Make a fun game that knows what its and not be super serious. Give the franchise to either WayForward, Devolver Digital, or Platinum Game.

If there is a Ninja Gaiden 4, the focus should be on either a new character, or focus given to one of the ninja girls. Either Ayane or Kasumi. Either that, or they should get their own separate campaigns. Ryu can still be part of the story, but he won't be the leading protagonist. Yaiba was a bizarre spin-off that had some right ideas, but went way too far in the wacky territory, jumping on already tired trend of zombies, and had God of War style combat with an unlikeable protagonist.

Last edited:

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
You do realize offensive, and defensive realism is a thing, right? Or are you that dense to think the world operates only on smiles, diplomacy, and marshmallows?
You are just using that to attempt to justify massacring brain washed groups since you don't want to deal with the fuzzy aftermath of a conflict.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
You are just using that to attempt to justify massacring brain washed groups since you don't want to deal with the fuzzy aftermath of a conflict.
The aftermath of a conflict is woke revisionists like you arguing the side that was morally justified was bad because they did some bad things ignoring the fact it was started unprovoked by an initial aggressor.

If I killed a hundred million people on Earth by using terminator robots, and falling space debris I am a monster if the Argonians do it out of fear with their intelligence chief they are the good guys according to German software company Egosoft.

You know what the Terrans are based on, I will give you a hint it's not Earth it's Bush-era Americans. I think Bush was a know-nothing, but I don't immediately then say that a modern-day Pearl Harbor on steroids to start a war plus sending trained killers to murder them is the right idea.

And the Argonians aren't brainwashed they are somewhat prudent traders and democracy to boot, it's just their elite fear the Terrans due to Terran space supremacy and bigger critical mass.

Plus I hear it all the time Syrians saying save us, people in Myanmar saying save us, Mexicans from the drug war saying save us, no save yourself. Your people only care about yourself. Whenever a country gets invaded it's please save us, whenever the US saves a country it's imperialistic unless it's your own skin. I think the US if attacked fights back with total war, but that we shouldn't help anyone if it's not in our interest.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Plus I hear it all the time Syrians saying save us, people in Myanmar saying save us, Mexicans from the drug war saying save us, no save yourself. Your people only care about yourself. Whenever a country gets invaded it's please save us, whenever the US saves a country it's imperialistic unless it's your own skin. I think the US if attacked fights back with total war, but that we shouldn't help anyone if it's not in our interest.
What a silly naïve view of the world and humanity as a whole.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Neither do I, and I rarely ever drink alcohol. Yet I clearly don't do the incoherent rambling.
Maybe you should start. There's something fascinating about a barely coherent rambling post. Touching a consciousness that is so alien to my own way of thinking as to be nearly incomprehensible is electric.

Some of my absolute favorite users to ever post on this site were like that.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Maybe you should start. There's something fascinating about a barely coherent rambling post. Touching a consciousness that is so alien to my own way of thinking as to be nearly incomprehensible is electric.

No.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

No, that's just a whole bunch of weird energy that I don't need in my life.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA

I already have incoherent rambling on demand in the form of dumping a paragraph of text into half a dozen Google translations. But those are funny.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Arknights has committed a sin against Lady Knights:
This is Margaret Nearl:
634E8CD4-9C35-4C18-9C75-27DB5AE04F9D.jpeg
Good design, hammer, armor plates, classic Final Fantasy Tactics Armor Dress, etc. Even giving a pass to the heels because she's a horse girl, so like riding boot theme

This is ultra limited edition Super Nearl, available only for a super limited time, roll for her now!
37FD0997-869F-4EBE-9D8F-870CBC792EC6.png
So, on top of being super limited gacha bullshit, she's apparently forgotten how clothes work, much less armor. No shirt, no sleeves, no pants, no torso plate, god knows how that "dress" works and even has fucked up boots.

Arknights has a *lot* of anime bullshit, but it's not usually this particular brand of anime bullshit

Reactions: Gyrobot

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
This is Margaret Nearl:
View attachment 6008
Good design, hammer, armor plates, classic Final Fantasy Tactics Armor Dress, etc. Even giving a pass to the heels because she's a horse girl, so like riding boot theme

This is ultra limited edition Super Nearl, available only for a super limited time, roll for her now!
View attachment 6009
So, on top of being super limited gacha bullshit, she's apparently forgotten how clothes work, much less armor. No shirt, no sleeves, no pants, no torso plate, god knows how that "dress" works and even has fucked up boots.

Arknights has a *lot* of anime bullshit, but it's not usually this particular brand of anime bullshit
It's so strange to see someone get mad over that design for being impractical when it doesn't look that bad and there's far far FAR more impractical outfits I've seen.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This is Margaret Nearl:
View attachment 6008

View attachment 6009

Honey I have seen so much worse than that. That's super tame. Check out this anime bull crap.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Honey I have seen so much worse than that. That's super tame. Check out this anime bull crap.

Arcnights generally doesn't go in for that kinda design, most of their outfits look like they would functionally work. That is why he is so disappointed in it.

Reactions: TheMysteriousGX

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Arcnights generally doesn't go in for that kinda design, most of their outfits look like they would functionally work. That is why he is so disappointed in it.
I noticed. And while I understand some disappointment, it's not enough to go into a huge rant. To me anyway. Honestly, the neo design looks like it would fit in Nier: Automata. I see that as a compliment.