Your video game hot take(s) thread

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Oh no even if I have disagreements with various human governments, I tend to lean in on mercy afterward, Traitor humans that commit Pearl Harbour on Earth get the atom bomb, and bad aliens get glassed. By the way, if Mars ever raised a finger against Earth, I would immediately sprint to the nearest militarist, and call for rods of god kinetic bombardment.

#TheTerransAreTheGoodGuys
You'd start the Earth-Minbari war. You know that right.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
You'd start the Earth-Minbari war. You know that right.
Funny enough in X3 Reunion the Terrans save the Argonians from the Kharok, but because the Terrans don't want to trade, the Argonians got pissy and committed mass murder on the Terrans, fuck em. Sadly there is no mod for killing everyone on Argon Prime so I will have to wait or learn to program it and make my own models.

Also, Enders Game was based.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Is that a hot take? Doesn't pretty much everyone love that book? They just hate the author for being a dick.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Oh no even if I have disagreements with various human governments, I tend to lean in on mercy afterward, Traitor humans that commit Pearl Harbour on Earth get the atom bomb, and bad aliens get glassed. By the way, if Mars ever raised a finger against Earth, I would immediately sprint to the nearest militarist, and call for rods of god kinetic bombardment.

#TheTerransAreTheGoodGuys
You remind me of someone who insisted that, in the movie Starship Troopers, the humans were unquestionably the "good guys"- and even if the asteroid strike on Buenos Aires had been a false-flag operation meant to stoke war, humans were still justified in wiping out the arachnids because "humans should do whatever it takes to survive".

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Is that a hot take? Doesn't pretty much everyone love that book? They just hate the author for being a dick.
I meant the movie ending.

You remind me of someone who insisted that, in the movie Starship Troopers, the humans were unquestionably the "good guys"- and even if the asteroid strike on Buenos Aires had been a false-flag operation meant to stoke war, humans were still justified in wiping out the arachnids because "humans should do whatever it takes to survive".
Realism 101, also Dark Forest Survival 101.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Funny enough in X3 Reunion the Terrans save the Argonians from the Kharok, but because the Terrans don't want to trade, the Argonians got pissy and committed mass murder on the Terrans, fuck em. Sadly there is no mod for killing everyone on Argon Prime so I will have to wait or learn to program it and make my own models.

The fact that you either don’t acknowledge that comparison or worse don’t understand it, is weirdly telling to me.

As for an actual hot take….SWTOR should be patched to work as single player with the ability to invite friends in to do stuff with you should you desire it.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
The fact that you either don’t acknowledge that comparison or worse don’t understand it, is weirdly telling to me.

As for an actual hot take….SWTOR should be patched to work as single player with the ability to invite friends in to do stuff with you should you desire it.
SWTOR sucks. The Aliens there are too chill. I want to fight a total war against an alien species with self-replicating drones armed with fusion reactors, and kinetic warfare compatibility.

In every almost Space game made by these liberals we have to get along with aliens, yes, but sometimes no. In mass Effect Andromeda, they didn't even go with warships. Boo. Star wars aliens are cool except for the Vong. Mass Effect aliens are too humanistic, and the only thing you really hate are the reapers, maybe the Batarians, and somewhat the Krogans who breed like rabbits.

Where's my Dark Forest Space game.

Warhammer, Doom is too silly.

And yes I googled what you meant, I still don't care. Star Trek Optimism sucks.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Someone really needs to lay off the drugs and alcohol.
I don't drink, and I don't smoke or do drugs. This has always been the real me, had I been born earlier I would have joined the military. Sadly I couldn't right now.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
SWTOR sucks. The Aliens there are too chill. I want to fight a total war against an alien species with self-replicating drones armed with fusion reactors, and kinetic warfare compatibility.

In every almost Space game made by these liberals we have to get along with aliens, yes, but sometimes no. In mass Effect Andromeda, they didn't even go with warships. Boo. Star wars aliens are cool except for the Vong. Mass Effect aliens are too humanistic, and the only thing you really hate are the reapers, maybe the Batarians, and somewhat the Krogans who breed like rabbits.

Where's my Dark Forest Space game.

Warhammer, Doom is too silly.

And yes I googled what you meant, I still don't care. Star Trek Optimism sucks.
The reference was to Babylon 5, you great ponce.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I don't drink, and I don't smoke or do drugs.
Neither do I, and I rarely ever drink alcohol. Yet I clearly don't do the incoherent rambling.

This has always been the real me, had I been born earlier I would have joined the military.
While I am glad you're being honest, I find that depressing. I think the military will be fine without you.

Back on track to actual hot takes now. The name Resident Evil has always remained relevant to the mainline series. Not every game took place in a home or residential area, but there was always a place where evil resides. So it is metaphorically true.
  • RE1 takes place in the Spencer Mansion where evil resides.
  • RE2 & RE3 has you briefly pass by some residential areas, but evil resides in the entire city due to Umbrella's influence. The heart of the evil being in the underground lab underneath the police station.
  • Code Veronica has the Umbrella prison camp and the Ashford Mansion.
  • RE4 has the village, the castle, and the center of the evil being the island where all the plagas research was mainly conducted.
  • RE5 has the shanty town, village, and ancient ruins where the T-Virus originates from.
  • RE6 is the evil residing within the US government itself with Neo-Umbrella.
  • RE7 is the gothic mansion.
  • RE8 is RE4 nearly shot for shot, except we learn of where Oswald Spencer's evil and obsession for immortality originated from.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Neither do I, and I rarely ever drink alcohol. Yet I clearly don't do the incoherent rambling.

While I am glad you're being honest, I find that depressing. I think the military will be fine without you.

Back on track to actual hot takes now. The name Resident Evil has always remained relevant to the mainline series. Not every game took place in a home or residential area, but there was always a place where evil resides. So it is metaphorically true.
  • RE1 takes place in the Spencer Mansion where evil resides.
  • RE2 & RE3 has you briefly pass by some residential areas, but evil resides in the entire city due to Umbrella's influence. The heart of the evil being in the underground lab underneath the police station.
  • Code Veronica has the Umbrella prison camp and the Ashford Mansion.
  • RE4 has the village, the castle, and the center of the evil being the island where all the plagas research was mainly conducted.
  • RE5 has the shanty town, village, and ancient ruins where the T-Virus originates from.
  • RE6 is the evil residing within the US government itself with Neo-Umbrella.
  • RE7 is the gothic mansion.
  • RE8 is RE4 nearly shot for shot, except we learn of where Oswald Spencer's evil and obsession for immortality originated from.
What is a hotter take than murdering alien civilians for them murdering your civilians? An eye for an eye makes them go bye.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
What is a hotter take than murdering alien civilians for them murdering your civilians? An eye for an eye makes them go bye.

Exactly why you're not in the military. Don't bother responding to that, I won't be listening.​

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
You clearly don't know how a lot of things work. Good for you.
So what's your answer to aliens killing a space station with millions of people in it, and it falls to Earth killing tens of thousands. My answer is mutually assured destruction, you kill every adult Argonian, Split, Boron, and Parnid or until they unconditional surrender like how we won World War 2.