General Gaming News.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
TBF to starfield, they've been working on it for a long time now so maybe they've been avoiding crunch?
Doubtful. The delay's and things revealed about Starfield give me a lot of Cyberpunk vibes, in that it strikes me as a game with no real direction and it's being pulled in so many places that the final product will be a confusing mess. Toop that off with the problems that the old engine already suffers from and I imagine it'll be incredibly buggy as well.

Bethesda Game Studios has never proven themselves to be very good at anything to be frank. I think Skyrim was a fluke more than anything else.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Starfield is gonna suck, mark my words.
Maybe I'd be more hyped about it if I actually knew anything about it, or had seen anything other than a picture of a robot.

Bethesda Game Studios has never proven themselves to be very good at anything to be frank. I think Skyrim was a fluke more than anything else.
Skyrim was also buggy as fuck on release. I was lucky and avoided a vast majority of the bugs. (And then some of the patches broke things, like making the dragons fly backwards.)

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Maybe I'd be more hyped about it if I actually knew anything about it, or had seen anything other than a picture of a robot.
This is another huge red flag for me. Supposedly it was releasing this year (before they announced the delay) and they've shown absolutely nothing except concept art. That's a huge warning sign that the game looks like shit and they've got nothing to show. Maybe we'll see a trailer tomorrow at the Games Showcase, but the game has already been pushed to 2023 so it's still a long way off unless theya re targeting Jan or Feb. But I doubt it considering the lack of any info whatsoever about the game.

Skyrim was also buggy as fuck on release. I was lucky and avoided a vast majority of the bugs. (And then some of the patches broke things, like making the dragons fly backwards.)
Skyrim bricked people's playstation 3's at the time too. Bethesda has skated by on having big worlds and decent writing, but terrible gameplay and horrible bugs. By the time Fallout 4 came out the writing had gone downhill and people had much less tolerance for the same buggy mess they pump out time and time again. Then Fallout 76 just was a disaster and we all know that story already.

IMO, skyrim is very very overrated and I never thought the game was all that good. But it still managed to hold a following for that style of game, which people apparently seem to have incredibly low standards for.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

I hope to God, you didn't get the PS3 version back then! Cuz there was a game breaking bug that a lot of people cannot get past. I don't remember all the details, but it wasn't pretty and it was never fixed.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
And I hope you got the PS3 version back then! Cuz there was a game breaking bug that a lot of people cannot get past. I don't remember all the details, but it wasn't pretty and it was never fixed.
Fun fact. The latest Aniversary edition still has game breaking progression bugs in it! 11 years later and nothing has been fixed.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
And I hope you got the PS3 version back then! Cuz there was a game breaking bug that a lot of people cannot get past. I don't remember all the details, but it wasn't pretty and it was never fixed.
As I recall, it was a save file bug where once the file hit a certain size, the console just could not handle it and started lagging and freezing. And you couldn't keep it from doing this, because the file naturally grows bigger as you explore the world and the game has to start keeping track of more things.

And apparently this also affects the Switch? See, this is why I prefer PC gaming.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Summer Game Fest today. I gotta say, I enjoyed SGF last year and thought it was better than E3, so let's see if what they bring this time

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

The Last of Us is Naughty Dog's SKyrim. Let's release it every couple years just in case people need to be depressed.

EDIT: Also this:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

The Last of Us is Naughty Dog's SKyrim. Let's release it every couple years just in case people need to be depressed.

Now this is a remake that did not need to be made, as you already done a "remastered" version on PS4. At the same time, I don't care. I already know the game is going to more than sell well. I just don't want to hear crap about other people saying, how there's no "true next gen game", and they keep lapping up slop like this. They have no right to complain.

Last edited:
Reactions: CriticalGaming

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Ugh, now you have to pretend The Last of Us, Part II exists when you're playing The Last of Us. You have to accept that the young girl will become a total psychopath with a ridiculously obsessive revenge drive that would make the Bride laugh. Should have dropped the "Part I."

Even the first game was average, though. Never cared for Joel and Ellie's relationship.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

I agree that the game does not need this. But I'm also annoyed that they want to use the term "Remake". What exactly has been rremade? It looks like exactly the same game, with better performance. If they used the term "Definitive Edtion" or "Remastered Ultimate Edition", I may have been okay with it.

Or just simply call it TLOU

Reactions: Specter Von Baren