General Gaming News.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I know you're not talking about Michigan. Not bad, PS4s and PS5S win out by two more States. I am not surprised about Michigan being the Switch state. They're still getting plenty of Switches and selling them.
Honestly I figured the midwest states would be the states dominated by the switch because you can play the switch while on the farms and shit. But maybe because they live in the middle of nowhere, they haven't heard that the xbox is trash :) lol.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I still haven't played NMS. I bought it on sale like 2 years ago and still haven't bothered to install it.
Why? You might as well start now, considering the game has been complete at this point, and still getting some content last I heard. Your choice to play or not though.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Why? You might as well start now, considering the game has been complete at this point, and still getting some content last I heard. Your choice to play or not though.
I know. I've just been occupied by other projects(ER, 13 Sentials, etc) so NMS is one of those games I want to try out and at least chew on for a few hours to see if I actually enjoy it but there's always something else I want to play more. Also summers here so I have to finally get around to clearing my yard of all the fucking overgrowth I've been ignoring for the past 9 months.

I probably have enough games at this point to live 2 lifetimes and play all of them through once and that's assuming I never buy another game. It's both embarrassing but also means I'll never want for distraction.

There's only one solution: Burn all the game companies to the ground so I can finally focus on my backlog.

*whispers*

Okay, my lawyer informs me that would probably be illegal and possibly immoral so IDK.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I'm assuming most of those are actually PS4s, instead of 5s. Can't blame ya for calling bs.
Given how bad Xbox was last generation, I wouldn't be surprised if this was just PS5s vs New Xbox (I genuinely forgot the name). I know for most of the last two decades Xbox has been bigger in the US, but the PS4 outsold the Xbone by more than twice and the Switch outsold Xbone by 30 million. I would have expected this map to be far more blue and red than it is.

Granted, the population densities of the states are not accounted for, so maybe some states just REALLY prefer Xbox for some reason.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
That they have to write that message at the bottom kind of speaks to the bullshittery of automatic updates. My PC was already struggling. Give me a list of all the updates and let me choose how far to apply. It's not a multiplayer game. There will be no balancing issues caused by letting the player update what they want. They wouldn't even have to host all the old updates themselves; they could do it in a way that allows fans to archive and host the old ones for other fans.
Yeah, the way Capcom did the Resident Evil 2 update is really unpopular with Steam users, looking at all the threads on the forum there. As I expected. People complaining about being forced to use DX12 now (for DX11 supposedly ran a lot better), some going through complicated steps to downgrade, one suggesting refunds. Who could have guessed?

Apparently, some Steam games let you opt into different versions. Capcom could have done it like that if they cared.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Why why why why why fucking why:?
"I want a true next-gen game!!!", said the common gamer or hardcore gamer. I don't even care about the list, because it means nothing to me. All it proves is that there are people that don't know what they want, and just want to play the same crap over and over with little thought. Or only playing it because other people are playing it for the shallowest reasons.