General Gaming News.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
"Battle Network Collection"

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss!!!!
Quite funny they're calling their filter the "High Resolution Filter", the image goes from crisp pixels to a washed out blurry mess 😂

I'm a little bit disappointed that they split the digital collection up in two parts again... why Capcom...

Reactions: BrawlMan

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Quite funny they're calling their filter the "High Resolution Filter", the image goes from crisp pixels to a washed out blurry mess 😂

I'm a little bit disappointed that they split the digital collection up in two parts again... why Capcom...
At least in this case there's a distinction between 1-3 and 4-6 that makes them being split fit thematically, even if it's unintentional.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
"Battle Network Collection"

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss!!!!
Ahh yes, the nostalgia is strong with this one!

I remember loving the gameplay, but kinda cringing at some of the dialogues. I don't remember if it was 5 or 6, but up till that point the character portraits always had the neutral facial expressions, some smiling even in the worst situations.

Not sure about the dialogues, but I wonder if they will add more expressions on the portraits?

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010

I remember loving the gameplay, but kinda cringing at some of the dialogues. I don't remember if it was 5 or 6, but up till that point the character portraits always had the neutral facial expressions, some smiling even in the worst situations.

Not sure about the dialogues, but I wonder if they will add more expressions on the portraits?
I wouldn't count on it.

Seems like a rather meddlesome and granular change to make.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA

I mean, that's how a lot of games were back then and even now. I just accepted that I was supposed to imagine expressions in my head. I actually found it a bit off putting when they put in variable expressions in the DS BN5 game.

At that time and, in many games still, portraits are more for distinguishing who's talking and anything else is just flair. It's only on 3D games that I find this kind of thing really off putting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zykon TheLich

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Didn't you hear? CLimate change has cancelled Winter.
From what I understand, climate change isn't going to cancel winter but delay it and make it harsher. Basically, it'd be like plucking a string that will violently oscillate back and forth until eventually settling into and equilibrium.

And yes, I know I'm taking this (comment) to seriously.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I know Chimpzy linked a Nintendo Direct summary earlier but I wanted to point this out specifically. https://www.destructoid.com/nier-automata-is-coming-to-nintendo-switch-this-fall/

Has Platinum made a game that people revere the way people seem to revere Nier Automata. I personally thought the game was average at best and I don't understand why it has become Platinum's Skyrim.
People are there for the characters, balls crazy story, and what it means to be human. There are a lot of Drakengard and Nier fans. Or many people that became fans, because of Automata. Of course, you had those that came for...