General Gaming News.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Also, please please please, if any of you have ever thought about reading a VN then take this opportunity to try one from TalesShop.

They make really good VNs and arent that long and are pretty clever. They like to play with expectations and typical tropes in the medium.

As an example, I'm currently reading 'My So Called Future Girlfriend' and the character Yu Rin has a comically large appetite that seems to just be standard humor (Small body, big eater) but in Set 3 it's shown that she eats like that because she's a victim of child abuse and malnourishment, which has led to her having a love of food now that she can eat decent meals.
Or 'The Blind of the New World', Seejay, our MC, is hologram blind, the story takes place in a future of heavy AR and in that future some people can't see see the holograms which are used for almost everything which leads to a lot of problems for those that are blind. But it's revealed midway through the story that it's even worse than just that. Not only are the blind cut off from others by not seeing holograms but normal people forget they even exist because of it. The AR world has essentially created a technological eldritch horror like veil. The mind can't even handle the concept of how everything is false and so normal people that learn of the blind will forget both the details and those people as a psychological defense mechanism. That's so fucking cool!

So yes, great company putting out a lot of good stuff, give them a shot.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

It would have been just another GTA clone. I know by the time I was 16, I was more or less done with Scarface.

Another hero shooter.

Reactions: Dalisclock

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

I'm trying to think of which IP besides FF they can make stroy-based NFTs for? Regardless, still a shitty move and I will laugh at them if this backfires
And this is why I still don't trust them even for an inch. It's when SE does stuff like this, that makes me hesitate at even thinking of buying one of their games. And as far as I'm still concerned, FF7 Remake being split into three parts is still a scam. So much for "we are done with nfts now...", said pathetically by the company president.

Last edited:
Reactions: FakeSympathy

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I'm trying to think of which IP besides FF they can make stroy-based NFTs for? Regardless, still a shitty move and I will laugh at them if this backfires
"You all said you wanted a new Parasite Eve game, right? Well, good news!"

...if you're gonna throw things at me, at least make sure it's smaller than a brick, okay?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
"You all said you wanted a new Parasite Eve game, right? Well, good news!"

...if you're gonna throw things at me, at least make sure it's smaller than a brick, okay?
Correction: It's an NFT of a .jpeg of a brick. That you have to pay for.

You're welcome.
To the Square Enix people: whoever came up with that stupid idea I will choke the living life out of, if I get even 10 feet within those persons. You already abused Aya enough! Leave her be! Forget FFXVI, I won't even drop a single cent down! DMC 5 combat designer be damned!

Reactions: FakeSympathy

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Correction: It's an NFT of a .jpeg of a brick. That you have to pay for.

You're welcome.

An NFT would actually be a record that you bought access to a url that existed at some point, and presumably may have contained an image of brick but who knows if its not currently there. Probably with a license posted at the same link giving the issue full authority to turn the image of a brick into a screenshot of goatse on a whim.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
All joking aside now is a good time to scoop up arcade ports, stuff like shootm up and beatm ups on steam. Since theyre not high profile theyre rarely discounted and usually 50-90% percent off and are excellent time killer & party games. Ikaruga for instance is a really great port and is only $5. Ill also call out PAC-MAN DX championship is also only $2.50 and I can confirm it is surprisingly kinetic. They when full on EDM rave fest with it and it gets pretty insane.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Ikaruga for instance is a really great port and is only $5.
Cool! The best port is still the GameCube version! I am so glad I never gave that up. Though you are right at that price.

beatm ups on steam.
What'd ya get? What'd ya get? What'd ya get? WHAT'D YA GET?!!

Reactions: Dalisclock

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

So, Kingdom Hearts, right? It's totally Kingdom Hearts. 0_0

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States

Ahh shit, here we go again
You know, for the life of me I can't seem to grasp onto mobile gaming. I keep being told my fancy phone is supposed to play all these great mobile games, but, outside of ports, everything I've seen is F2P P2W games where you play for 5 minutes and then it wants you to buy gems and shit.

Literally my phone just has emulators and freecell on it. I feel like a great grampa trying to grasp twitter in 2022. Actually I haven't figured that out either.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
You know, for the life of me I can't seem to grasp onto mobile gaming. I keep being told my fancy phone is supposed to play all these great mobile games, but, outside of ports, everything I've seen is F2P P2W games where you play for 5 minutes and then it wants you to buy gems and shit.

Literally my phone just has emulators and freecell on it. I feel like a great grampa trying to grasp twitter in 2022. Actually I haven't figured that out either.
Mobile gaming started off good and fine back in 2009 to 2010, but 2011 and afterward people are already beginning to exploit it in the worst possible ways.