Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Thanks, just got home today, and I am exhausted, but feeling better.

They determind it was a esophageal tear that caused the blood which was itself caused by the violent and sudden vomiting; no indication of any other gastrointestinal issues. They put a clip in my throat to close the tear. I'm on medication for a while, and while they cleared me of the "clear foods only" diet, they said keep my meals light, stay away from greasy food, and no spicy foods for a long while, and that makes me upset.
Wow. Its great that is all it was. With those symptoms it could have been a hell of a lot worse. I was thinking at best you could say goodbye to your gallbladder. Keep your meals light... not so bad, a lot of us could really stand to do that. Same with the overly greasy food. But no spicy foods... ugggghhhh! Cayenne is how you make foods that are good for you actually taste good. That does really suck.

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011

They determind it was a esophageal tear that caused the blood which was itself caused by the violent and sudden vomiting; no indication of any other gastrointestinal issues. They put a clip in my throat to close the tear. I'm on medication for a while, and while they cleared me of the "clear foods only" diet, they said keep my meals light, stay away from greasy food, and no spicy foods for a long while, and that makes me upset.
Glad your organs are largely functioning at least. It sucks they have no idea what lead to the vomiting but at least you aren't getting drug through any more tests.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Wow. Its great that is all it was. With those symptoms it could have been a hell of a lot worse. I was thinking at best you could say goodbye to your gallbladder. Keep your meals light... not so bad, a lot of us could really stand to do that. Same with the overly greasy food. But no spicy foods... ugggghhhh! Cayenne is how you make foods that are good for you actually taste good. That does really suck.
Yeah, I told the doctor about my nigh unhealthy predilection for REALLY spicy foods (I've done dozens of spice challenges,) and he laughed and said simply "well, not anymore, at least not for a while, and even then, we might see you again if you chose to risk it." *sad face*

Glad your organs are largely functioning at least. It sucks they have no idea what lead to the vomiting but at least you aren't getting drug through any more tests.
Thanks. I think it might have been something I ate the night before, and the couple of bites of pizza the next night was akin to the Coca-Cola + Mentos challenge, but in my gut. The first (of many doctors) I spoke with Monday night asked me, in a very clinical fashion, if I'd taken a picture of the vomit... o_O. Lady, I just puked blood; my curiosity wasn't piqued enough for visual documentation given I thought I might have been dying. Also, that'd have been gross.

Reactions: BrawlMan

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
The first (of many doctors) I spoke with Monday night asked me, in a very clinical fashion, if I'd taken a picture of the vomit..
Doctors seem to forget that most of us have an aversion to even looking at many of the things they examine every day, including parts of our own bodies.

But hey, things could've turned out worse!

First-world problems time: The hot-water knob on my kitchen sink will no longer close completely. I had to shut off the valve under the sink (which makes me glad I have an adjustable wrench on-hand). The maintenance person still hasn't shown up to fix the last problem I had, so I'm wondering how long this will be an issue.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Good news: A plumber showed up at my apartment a couple of days ago to fix the above-mentioned kitchen sink problem.

Bad news: Apparently he did something wrong because not fifteen minutes ago, the knob literally blew off of the sink in a fountain of scalding-hot water. Fortunately neither my cat nor I were hurt (she's still a little jumpy) but cleaning up that water was a job and a half.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
According to a report, the median house price across all Australian capital cities is over $1million AUD. Yep, gonna need a few more carriages for the complain train.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Good news: A plumber showed up at my apartment a couple of days ago to fix the above-mentioned kitchen sink problem.

Bad news: Apparently he did something wrong because not fifteen minutes ago, the knob literally blew off of the sink in a fountain of scalding-hot water. Fortunately neither my cat nor I were hurt (she's still a little jumpy) but cleaning up that water was a job and a half.
Huh, sounds like not quite the beginning of a horror film, but fairly early on just after the witch has been offended.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
My gf dragged me to a Lady Gaga concert last night, so basically, I was one of dozens of heterosexual men being held hostage at a gay pride parade. Despite beers being $14, I paid the ransom for 3 of them to keep from throwing myself off the balcony where our shitty seats were. Doors opened at 7:30pm, but Gaga didn't start the show until damn near 10pm. No opening acts or anything, just pulsating, placeholder techno music and gyrating gay men/sexually ambiguous women as far as they eye could see while I waited for the torture to end. We couldn't even see Gaga for the better part of 20 minutes once she started because she was so far upstage for the first few songs, and from our angle could only see the downstage performers; we had to watch the screens (through a nest of teenaged girls' hair who felt compelled to stand for the entire show.) And today, I'm suffering from flamboyance fatigue, homophobia's substantially less bigoted third cousin twice removed, i.e.: I don't care what you do or with whom you do it, but your glitter is getting all over me, and that's just not fair to me.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
My gf dragged me to a Lady Gaga concert last night, so basically, I was one of dozens of heterosexual men being held hostage at a gay pride parade. Despite beers being $14, I paid the ransom for 3 of them to keep from throwing myself off the balcony where our shitty seats were. Doors opened at 7:30pm, but Gaga didn't start the show until damn near 10pm. No opening acts or anything, just pulsating, placeholder techno music and gyrating gay men/sexually ambiguous women as far as they eye could see while I waited for the torture to end. We couldn't even see Gaga for the better part of 20 minutes once she started because she was so far upstage for the first few songs, and from our angle could only see the downstage performers; we had to watch the screens (through a nest of teenaged girls' hair who felt compelled to stand for the entire show.) And today, I'm suffering from flamboyance fatigue, homophobia's substantially less bigoted third cousin twice removed, i.e.: I don't care what you do or with whom you do it, but your glitter is getting all over me, and that's just not fair to me.
Little Jelly here. Lady Gaga is one of the most interesting pop artists to have been around in 20 years. Really get an argument started as to who is more interesting: her or Madonna. Say what you will about Madonna, her "Papa Don't Preach" caused a lot of debate. Had it been done in the internet age I predict a lot of DDos attacks on any site discussing.

ITMT: Epic has content for Destiny 2 so I added both the game that auto includes the fun stuff. My storage drive went red screaming for me to delete shit to make room. Which I did. Scuse me, need some kleenex. *snorp*. I R&R my gaming rigs every 6 years. 1.5 to go with this one. I can't wait to buy me a ton of storage so this doesn't happen to me again.

When I have proper storage? I am gonna down load me so much my ISP is going to send a hit squad after me.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Little Jelly here. Lady Gaga is one of the most interesting pop artists to have been around in 20 years. Really get an argument started as to who is more interesting: her or Madonna. Say what you will about Madonna, her "Papa Don't Preach" caused a lot of debate. Had it been done in the internet age I predict a lot of DDos attacks on any site discussing.
Define "interesting." I don't like Pop music, and the OTT theatrics and pageantry associated with their live shows rarely appeals to me. Compound that with the expensive parking, crowds, lines, overpriced merchandise/food, and stadium seating that finds me rubbing knees and elbows with perfect strangers behaving as if I'm not even there as they flail about singing along to terrible music, and you've plopped me plum into a literal nightmare. Gaga isn't "interesting" enough to have suffered all of that. Neither was Madonna. There are artists, entertainers and attention whores; Gaga and Madonna tend to fall into the latter category for me. I'll give Gaga this: she does play the piano really well, and the scant few songs she interjected in the middle of the show were good enough, but bookending those with goofy costumes and half-naked people gyrating all over the stage wasn't worth the price of admission.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Define "interesting." I don't like Pop music, and the OTT theatrics and pageantry associated with their live shows rarely appeals to me. Compound that with the expensive parking, crowds, lines, overpriced merchandise/food, and stadium seating that finds me rubbing knees and elbows with perfect strangers behaving as if I'm not even there as they flail about singing along to terrible music, and you've plopped me plum into a literal nightmare. Gaga isn't "interesting" enough to have suffered all of that. Neither was Madonna. There are artists, entertainers and attention whores; Gaga and Madonna tend to fall into the latter category for me. I'll give Gaga this: she does play the piano really well, and the scant few songs she interjected in the middle of the show were good enough, but bookending those with goofy costumes and half-naked people gyrating all over the stage wasn't worth the price of admission.
Without getting too technical, interesting is the opposite of bland or boring. I've heard it is a goal of today's major music producers to give audience more and more of the same as audiences like music that is already familiar to them. I don't think bands like Tiny Faces, Zombies, Bee Gees, etc. could get a toe hold in today's markets. "Poppa Don't Preach" ran against the political zeitgeist of the day. She had a few more career defining songs. Lady Gaga though? I don't think I've heard anything like "Bad Romance" before. Maybe the opening at a carnival.

1661528842521.png

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Without getting too technical, interesting is the opposite of bland or boring. I've heard it is a goal of today's major music producers to give audience more and more of the same as audiences like music that is already familiar to them. I don't think bands like Tiny Faces, Zombies, Bee Gees, etc. could get a toe hold in today's markets. "Poppa Don't Preach" ran against the political zeitgeist of the day. She had a few more career defining songs. Lady Gaga though? I don't think I've heard anything like "Bad Romance" before. Maybe the opening at a carnival.

View attachment 6880
I'd argue "interesting" is synonymous with "engaging." I, for one, did not find Gaga's performance the opposite of bland or boring; I found it very tiresome, try-hard, and obnoxious; none of those things engaged me. Same with Madonna, some of her songs might have been fueled with antiestablishment propaganda, but at the end of the day, her tactics were little more than "shock and awe" ensuring she was at the center of the storm to soak up the attention. Again, not interesting.

But it all harkens back to the old "back in my day" trope. Of course bands like you mentioned wouldn't be as successful in today's climate of entertainment, but neither would a Lady Gaga or Madonna have succeeded in their time. Times change; what's massively popular changes from generation to generation. We just happen to be living in an age where "shock and awe" and extravagance are what's popular (we'll, "what sells.") I wouldn't call that revolutionary or necessarily unique, just what "kids these days" like, y'know, the 20-30-somethings running around with the attention span of a hummingbird and intellectual depth of a droplet of cocaine sweat.

But I could complain until the cows come home. I only went because my girlfriend wanted to go; I wasn't expecting any thing more than what I got: a headache, morning-after beer shits, and a nice dent in my bank account that I would love to have put towards my dream of buying tickets to a Formula 1 Grand Prix sometime before I die.

Reactions: gorfias

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Nintendo games are way too expensive. I'd like to play Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild, but I can't justify getting a Switch when every single game is $80 and never drops in price. I haven't payed more than $30 for a video game in over a decade, and I'm not starting now.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Nintendo games are way too expensive. I'd like to play Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild, but I can't justify getting a Switch when every single game is $80 and never drops in price. I haven't payed more than $30 for a video game in over a decade, and I'm not starting now.
Wii U systems are selling for under $200 on Facebook Marketplace. Some find the controller for BotW work better on Wii U than Switch. Games reasonably priced too. Graphics very similar:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Glad you’re doing better. Did they explain how an esophageal tear could cause a killer stomach ache? My first thought would’ve been an ulcer or something.

Anyways, my complaint today would be another question: If sitting in chairs is apparently the worst thing us idiot humans can do for our backs (you know, the vital part of our anatomy for all kinds of things), then why the fuck are we still using them thousands of years later??. FFS you think something better wouldve caught on by now.

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Glad you’re doing better. Did they explain how an esophageal tear could cause a killer stomach ache? My first thought would’ve been an ulcer or something.
Endoscopy didn't show anything save for the tear in my esophagus; no ulcers or anything. And the stomach aches wasn't "killer" by any means; I think I might have eaten something bad the previous day, and putting those couple of bites of greasy pizza into the mix caused the vomiting which caused the tear. But thanks; I feel fine now. Still haven't pushed it in terms of spicy foods, but my diet is otherwise back to normal.