Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I called it @CriticalGaming: I called it! I fucking called it!

I never said they they weren't; you are not listening. What I am saying, is that scalpers are still going to try to find a way to overcharge or oversell their second hand copies. If you notice, I was responding to what @hanselthecaretaker said earlier in responding to it. Availability or not, there are going to be jackasses buying and inflating these. You bet your ass on that.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I called it @CriticalGaming: I called it! I fucking called it!

Though odds are this happens regardless of disc inclusion. Hell, it’d be a bonus if it included the disc which would encourage further gouging for people that just want the digital code.

I also like how they said there’s no rush to preorder in the previous preorder article -

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Hell, it’d be a bonus if it included the disc which would encourage further gouging for people that just want the digital code.
Exactly. Scalpers are gonna scalp either way. It's just matter of what's the bigger motivation, and how much desperation they can squeeze out of people.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I have not seen any of the leaks yet, nor know which ones are out.

Hopefully it won’t turn into another TLoU2 fiasco. Horizon: Forbidden West leaks didn’t cause as much drama at least. Funny how it always seems to be big Sony exclusives that get leaked. Hate to think they do this crap on purpose.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I highly doubt it will. I just want a jump button! Is that so hard?
Especially after a fricken Souls game added one to great effect. No reason a more action oriented game can’t have one. They can’t even use the “but cinematic!” excuse since TLoU2 even added one.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Especially after a fricken Souls game added one to great effect. No reason a more action oriented game can’t have one. They can’t even use the “but cinematic!” excuse since TLoU2 even added one.
That wasn't a jump, that was a half-assed hop at best.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
You know it's sad when Last Of Us Pt. 2 added a jump button. Not to mention both Sekiro & ER have jumping. Even Grasshopper Studios added jumping in No More Heroes TSA & III. It technically did exist in the second game, but it was just for one character in two levels. Other than that, 90% of the time there's no jumping. The only time I seen the lack of a jump button work in a third person melee action game, is Killer Is Dead.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
That wasn't a jump, that was a half-assed hop at best.
At least it was an option. You want to see a half-assed hop? Look at a clip of Jack "jumping" in Quantum Break. It can't even be dignified with a half-assed hop. It's more like a skip.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
At least it was an option. You want to see a half-assed hop? Look at a clip of Jack "jumping" in Quantum Break. It can't even be dignified with a half-assed hop. It's more like a skip.
So now we have a skip, hop, and a jump button. Man.....

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
If Ragnarok does indeed have a dedicated jump button, I do hope it serves more than another way to attack, and actually be used during puzzles.

Or take the BOTW route where jump is made obsolete with insane physics and exploits

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Ragnarok does indeed have a dedicated jump button, I do hope it serves more than another way to attack, and actually be used during puzzles.
If jumping is just an a attack option in this game, that would be more than enough for me. Both would be nice though. I swear they do insurmountable waste mounted wall or fence on the demi-god again, I'm going to lose it. I will literally dock a point from this game. Some people thought I was joking in the past but I'm serious.