General Gaming News.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Is there any possible way this game can come out and not be as bad as Duke Nukeum Forever?
No. Duke Nukeum Forever at least has a fascinating story of the development of the game and the discrepancy with the time period it was intended for vs the one it released in. I don't see how Dead Island 2 can possibly have anything interesting about it.

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Let's fucking goooooo!!!!!
Shoot the nose!
No. Duke Nukeum Forever at least has a fascinating story of the development of the game and the discrepancy with the time period it was intended for vs the one it released in. I don't see how Dead Island 2 can possibly have anything interesting about it.
I suppose that's true. Oh well.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Calisto Protocol is looking great. It's great to see dead space rise again form the ashes. My favorite showcase so far.
Will check out the footage.
Lords of the fallen "reboot". How long has it been? like 7 years?
Ha!

Randy Pitchford is here for Tales from Borderlands Season 2. I kinda hate the dude, but at least the game looks alright and the humor is there.
I despise the fucker, but with or without him, I am not touching that game.

Lies of P got more gameplay. It looks so much better than Thymesia. It's probably my second favorite showcase so far
Still excited for it.

And finally, dead island 2. The aesthetics certainly look different from the first trailer. I thought it was gonna hve brighter color tone, but I guess they went with the gritty colors instead.
Sounds like a tone shift from the original trailer. On to the big question: Does any actual care anymore? I stopped by 2017.

What is up with this trend of characters with quirky personality in the middle of zombie apocalypse?
That's been around since Dead Rising, if we're talking video games. Or to go back further, look at some of the Resident Evil games, or House of the Dead. Then again, at least RE was somewhat more grounded in the beginning.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

OH right, this is still happening.
And I will never buy. I won't even download it for free when it becomes available in a few years on PS Plus.

Btw @Specter Von Baren, more footage of Gungrave GORE, and it's release date are supposed to be revealed today. Apparently, it's coming out in November of this year, according to rumors.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Something called like Where Winter Winds Will Wheat or some such, I dunno, was shown and it's like Ghost of Tsushima but you're a lady and honestly, I'm here for it.

Lies of P everyone was saying the combat looked great but it looked kind of jank to me, I must be going crazy. The hype is happening for it but I'm going to proceed with caution because yeah I like the idea of it, too.

I'll also admit I like how Atlas Falls looks but agree there's a lot of "been there done that" to it.

I watched the live stream of the event via Escapist youtube and I gotta say the whole vibe was pretty weak. The trailers- even for potentially good games like Calisto Protocol- were meh and there wasn't much that got the crowd excited. I think with all the delays and industry in-fighting and buyouts there's a kind of "meh" feel in this marketing season.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
As a longtime emulation enthusiast who put a lot of time and energy into dumping all his games legit, kindly fuck all the way off with that "emulation = 100% piracy", Denuvo. And also, just kindly fuck all the way off in general, cuz your 'protection' tends to make whatever it's applied to worse. Here's to longer loading times, online check-ins, reduced performance and micro-stutters, and it ain't like Switch has a lot of headroom for the latter two to begin with.

Also, their reasoning is just bizarro
Denuvo points out that even if the PC version of a game is protected using more traditional anti-piracy software, the Switch port can be emulated from day one, entirely bypassing any PC protection.
Mofo plz, how often do they think it happens that someone pirates and emulates the Switch version of a game because the PC version isn't cracked yet? Most of the big pc titles with Denuvo don't even have Switch versions.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
As a longtime emulation enthusiast who put a lot of time and energy into dumping all his legit, kindly fuck all the way off with that "emulation = 100% piracy", Denuvo. And also, just kindly fuck all the way off in general, cuz your 'protection' tends to make whatever it's applied to worse. Here's to longer loading times, online check-ins, reduced performance and micro-stutters, and it ain't like Switch has a lot of headroom for the latter two to begin with.

Also, their reasoning is just bizarro
Mofo plz, how often do they think it happens that someone pirates and emulates the Switch version of a game because the PC version isn't cracked yet? Most of the big pc titles with Denuvo don't even have Switch versions.
This looks to be nothing more than a glorified flex. All that big talk, but more than likely empty promises. This is doing something nobody asked for. Not even Nintendo would want it. And even if they were to succeed, hackers would still crack the code, or find another work around.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Lords of the fallen "reboot". How long has it been? like 7 years?
I'm suprised anyone remembers the game. Even more they want to reboot it. Wasn't it one of those Soulslikes that tried to cash in after Dark Souls hit it big and really didn't impress anyone?

I guess there's a small dedicated community of Lords of the Fallen fans who were waiting for this so good for them, I guess.

Killer Klowns from Outer Space. Yes, based on the movie. It's a multiplayer horror, so it's a pass for me
I was gonna ask why but then I found out someone is doing a sequel to "Ferris Buellers day off" and realized....you know what, sure, why not?

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
At least its easy to get a table at denny's to hold the annual conventions.

Also, we have a release date for the new Monkey Island. It's talk like a pirate day, so that's fun. Hopefully it's worth picking up.

Ah, that's cute. Also much sooner than I expected. Was thinking an early to mid 2023 release, but I guess they're almost done.

Reactions: Dalisclock