Queen Elizabeth II, Longest Reigning Monarch of England/UK, Dies

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016

Re: Centerparcs closing for the day. They're not doing it (you'll be relieved to know), because they weren't just closing in-park activities for the day or asking people to delay arrival, they were asking people to go home for 24 hours in the middle of their holiday then go back the next day to continue their holiday. Absolutely what-the-fuck levels of idiocy.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
You'll not get one for Charlie, nowhere near popular enough. I reckon you'll be lucky if it's not unpaid overtime.
Lucky you, we got a monarch too, with their own Dynasty Day, but it's not a national holiday. Bunch of useless inbreds could've been good for something, but nah.
City hall got the day, nobody else did. Bastards.

Oooh shit and then I check the news a minute later and the Feds are pushing for a stat everywhere. Let's see who stonewalls for the sake of productivity.

Aaand they dropped it. Welp there went my interest in this event.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Lol, c'mon Australia

You know you wanna

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Lol, c'mon Australia

You know you wanna
I'll never accept a Queenslander on my currency.

Reactions: Gordon_4

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
I was hoping for a permanent Stat in Canada but it seems like that's a no go. People recently asked me if I'm a monarchist, but the truth is I just figure if we get a day for every recent Regent's birthday and funeral we could be down to a four day work week. Nobody ever even remembers Victoria Day is for her b-day around here. It's just May Long, the first long weekend of spring. Could do with a few more of those.

Someone needs to off some of---- I mean some of them should past peacefully in like, November, August (which allready has one that counts for basically no one), June, March cuz we ain't ever gonna get two in one month

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
And they have closed the queue! Five miles! Deranged! I think there's a lesson here for all the snooty Brits who laughed at the weird devotion of the people chanting at Trump's rallies.

Also, this is just an amusingly cropped headline:
full.JPG

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
And they have closed the queue! Five miles! Deranged! I think there's a lesson here for all the snooty Brits who laughed at the weird devotion of the people chanting at Trump's rallies.
If they aren't dressing up with horns and trying to lynch Charles and restore Elizabeth, they're not as bad as the Americans.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
On the other hand, people queuing for 5 miles is peak British.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

Also, this is just an amusingly cropped headline:
View attachment 7028
They're still better behaved and more likely to be people I’d want to hang out with.