Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
In before a random crafting system is in the game......cuz the first one had crafting so....
Kratos Valley..... It's like stardew valley, but Kratos built the house, occasionally chops down a tree and otherwise spends all his time beating up orcs rather then talking to his family at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

You know, I just realized we barely heard anything about campaign stuff in overwatch 2. I am starting to suspect they are dropping it, or at least not have it at launch.

Sad to say I'm intrigued just enough to at least try for few hours, not paying for anything of course

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

At the conclusion of Resident Evil Village, it was teased that Ethan Winters' now teenage daughter could wield some impressive powers. What exactly these powers were was never disclosed, with Rose revealing that "even Chris" didn't know the full extent of what she could do thanks to her brush with the megamycete.

However, a new trailer for Village's The Winter's Expansion DLC has shown off more from its new story, Shadows of Rose, including what these powers are.

Shared as part of Capcom's Tokyo Game Show presentation, this trailer reveals that Rose is actually able to freeze her enemies. So, very name appropriate.

Capcom's TGS showcase.

This new freezing means that Rose will be able to "target [her enemies] weak points and defeat them quickly" - something that will be incredibly important in the twisted realm this story takes place in, as Capcom stated a "single attack [here] can be fatal".

Winters by name, Winters by nature.

The entire DLC, which also includes the arcade-style The Mercenaries: Additional Orders mode and a third person mode for the base game, will be included in the Resident Evil Village Gold Edition, released simultaneously on 28th October across PlayStation and Xbox consoles, PC (Steam), and Stadia.

In addition, Capcom has confirmed that the entire game will be playable on PSVR2 when it releases, with those at TGS currently being able to have a whirl with it during the event.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
You know, I just realized we barely heard anything about campaign stuff in overwatch 2. I am starting to suspect they are dropping it, or at least not have it at launch.
The campaign content will be released in accordance with seasons. So, rather than have the campaign released in one go, it's likely it'll be more like "get a season, get a mission" (or similar).

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The campaign content will be released in accordance with seasons. So, rather than have the campaign released in one go, it's likely it'll be more like "get a season, get a mission" (or similar).
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Reactions: Catfood220

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Doesn't this make the campaign DRM, requiring online connection to get the updates?

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Um, I guess?

I mean, the game's gone from P2P to F2P, so under that model, that would be expected.
Okay, i guess that make sense. I wonder just how in-dept the campaign will be then? Is it even a single player in the first place? Will it be a shallow experience that only show glimpse of the world, like the operation events in OW1?

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Okay, i guess that make sense. I wonder just how in-dept the campaign will be then? Is it even a single player in the first place? Will it be a shallow experience that only show glimpse of the world, like the operation events in OW1?
Assuming what was shown ages ago remains the same:

-It isn't singleplayer - as in, the campaign is a series of co-op missions with a pool of heroes that correspond to the plot and mission balance (e.g. there'll always be at least one healer and one tank).

-The campaign is in-depth in the sense of plot, in that the missions are sequential, based around fighting against Null Sector and Talon in the present.

-The missions are similar to the OW1 operation events but larger. Based on the Rio mission gameplay footage, it's the same premise (group of heroes fight through enemies), but more in-depth - e.g. various stages of a mission, upgrades, boss fights, etc.

The TL, DR version is that the campaign looked like it had more depth than the OW1 operations, but still used them as a template.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Demo for Lo Wang now available, come get your demo people, fresh off the truck.

Team Ninja's upcoming Soulslike action RPG Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty is now available to try on PlayStation and Xbox in demo form.

Xbox owners can grab the demo now from the Microsoft Store. Those with a PS5, the PlayStation Store link is here.

Store pages note that the demo will only be available to play for a limited time - so don't delay. You'll also need to be connected online to play, though you won't need Xbox Live Gold or PS Plus.

Anyone who completes the demo will be awarded a Crouching Dragon Helmet in the main game. There will also be an in-game questionnaire to fill out, with respondees awarded an original wallpaper to download.

The game is set in China's Three Kingdoms, albeit a fantasy version of these plagued by demons, and features swordplay inspired by martial arts. Combat certainly appears fluid and graceful with its evasive spins and balletic leaps, with some impressively animated summons and magic too.

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty was announced during the Xbox and Bethesda Showcase in June and will be released in 2023 for PC, PlayStation and Xbox, including on PC and Xbox Game Pass.
No for PC users tho, unless Microsoft store is also the PC store, I know you weirdos have that sorta deviant shit going on every now and then.