General Gaming News.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Demo for Lo Wang now available, come get your demo people, fresh off the truck.

No for PC users tho, unless Microsoft store is also the PC store, I know you weirdos have that sorta deviant shit going on every now and then.
Thanks for the link. I was already at work when you posted but the remote features are so nice that it'll be downloaded for play when I get home :D

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Apparently Japan’s “year” for this sorta thing goes from April_March.

"Elden Ring was not a success in all aspects and we will be reflecting on these parts of the game to see how we can improve for the future" - Miyazaki
I get this feeling in my guts that it'll be a nominee for GOTY at the TGA 2022, but there's also GOW: Ragnarok.

But it wouldn't matter, as TLOU Part 1 Remake will win. /s

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I hope Keighly is smart enough to leave it off the list, because it absolutely should not be eligible.
He's a great guy. I don't think it's up to him to leave it on the list or not. I know he's kind of in charge of most things now, but doesn't he answer to somebody on this? And even if it's on the list, I will never hate him.

I am surprised that you have SIFU on your personal list. I know you didn't hate the game, but it still surprises.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
On the one hand, Suikoden good. On the the other hand, Konami bad.

Truly a conundrum.
My first thought was "how about announcing a new one?!" but then I remembered...

Oh well, being able to play them on modern console is nice, although I'm not sure what an HD remaster can do for them. Maybe they'll do some of the later one too after.

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I am surprised that you have SIFU on your personal list. I know you didn't hate the game, but it still surprises.
Those are my Nominee's for the GOTY show. Not my personal one's. Sorry that wording is a bit poor. I was just guessing what the show would have. Neither ER nor Sifu are on my personal list.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
My first thought was "how about announcing a new one?!" but then I remembered...

Oh well, being able to play them on modern console is nice, although I'm not sure what an HD remaster can do for them. Maybe they'll do some of the later one too after.
Those games are games that I always heard were great, but I completely missed them in their hay day and they haven't been playable on anything for quite a while iirc. So I'm very much interested in giving them a try tbh.

Reactions: Dalisclock

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Those games are games that I always heard were great, but I completely missed them in their hay day and they haven't been playable on anything for quite a while iirc. So I'm very much interested in giving them a try tbh.
If you do get them, try suikoden 2 first (I assume they'll be sold in a pack). The first one is a bit rough and the story is very by the number, second one is more interesting.

As far as gameplay, don't expect too much, its pretty standard JRPG combat without much interesting way to develop your party members. They have over 50 playable characters that can be in your team, but they're not at all balance and its pretty obvious which character are worth using and which one are just there to pad the number, so that aspect is a bit wasted (only 3 is kinda setup in a way that you'll use a large portion of the playable character). There's also some tactical combat, but vast majority are heavily scripted so that each game only has 2-4 tactical fight that as the player you have any input into.

The main draw is mostly world building, all of them are self contained story but in the same world so the world building gets pretty good. Like I said, story is a bit hit or miss across the franchise, but most people agree 2 is stand out.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

I remember people talking about the game way back in the PS era but never played them. I'd be curious to check them out on a modern system.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

We got our roster for the launch of SF6. I am tad disappointed there's no Sagat, Akuma, M. Bison, or Balrog, but I guess they'll come out post-launch

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

We got our roster for the launch of SF6. I am tad disappointed there's no Sagat, Akuma, M. Bison, or Balrog, but I guess they'll come out post-launch
Bison got completely killed off in Street Fighter 5. Barlog and Sagat's story and character arcs completed in 5 as well. I'm glad Bison is not coming back, cuz that's been done to death already. The best you'll get about Balrog is a cameo from Ed's side of the story in 6.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America