Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Ukraine has formally submitted an application for NATO membership.

This would not have happened without the Russian invasions of 2014 and 2022 proving beyond doubt that Ukraine cannot trust in Russian assurances for its security. Those who despise and fear NATO expansion should be fuckling livid at Russia for threatening three non-NATO members and causing them to seek collective security.
Clearly Putin is just playing 7d chess and getting NATO exactly where he wants them. When all of NATO is gathered in one place, he'll unleash his 3000 underground T90s to devastate the decadent west. All of the Russian defeats so far are meant to lure the West into a false sense of security.

/S

Last edited:
Reactions: Silvanus

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
I think Putin is speaking to the people of Russia about the west, to a FAR greater extent than to the west. I'm basing this on the fact that when politicians from autocratic China tweet in English they are really speaking to their country men, not the outside world.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Those who despise and fear NATO expansion should be fuckling livid at Russia for threatening three non-NATO members and causing them to seek collective security.
Instead, they blame Ukraine for not allowing itself to be destroyed and its citizens to be raped and tortured for the glory of the USSR.

Eligius

Jun 15, 2022
Country
Belgium
There are unconfirmed reports that the Ukranian army has completed their encirclement of around 3000 Russian and LPR soldiers in Lyman.

If the encircled soldiers surrender and Ukraine can break out of their bridgehead in the north around Kupiansk the way could be wide open for them to retake all of Luhansk.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
There are unconfirmed reports that the Ukranian army has completed their encirclement of around 3000 Russian and LPR soldiers in Lyman.

If the encircled soldiers surrender and Ukraine can break out of their bridgehead in the north around Kupiansk the way could be wide open for them to retake all of Luhansk.
Fuck yeah.

The 3000 Himars of dark brandon.

Edit2; Fine here's a picture.

1664577492356.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Here's something to get people concerned.

The video suggests the idea that Russia is using the stuff out of desperation.

What if it's not desperation and Ukraine is the test run for future stuff and Russia testing the newer weapons and showing them to the world as a "you aren't going to be able to counter these" kind of statement?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Also to provide some new info that I don't think anyone has brought up here.

This is 3rd & 4th hand info.
Some-one I work with has friends in Turkey which has good relations with Russian.

The government of Turkey blocked all Russian credit cards being used causing chaos in the tourist resorts (where lots of Russians stay) 2 days before Russia announced the drafting of more troops.

According Russians still in Turkey talking to families back home the any Russian national male wanting to leave Russia by air to go anywhere has to apply for and present at the airport a document from the government grating them permission to leave.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Here's something to get people concerned.

The video suggests the idea that Russia is using the stuff out of desperation.

What if it's not desperation and Ukraine is the test run for future stuff and Russia testing the newer weapons and showing them to the world as a "you aren't going to be able to counter these" kind of statement?
Russia's been humiliated since its botched invasion, so I wouldn't count on it.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Reuters: Russia abandons Ukrainian bastion, Putin ally suggests nuclear response.

Lyman has apparently been liberated.

In unrelated news, Putin announces the moon is now part of Russia because the first probe to land was Soviet and it voted to be annexed. The is a completely LEGAL and LEGIT election because Putin says so.

Reactions: CM156

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Someone else hangs out in NonCredibleDefense it seems
Sometime I really love the internet, but at the same time I'm always worried that some these subreddit are filled with crazy conspiracy theorist.

In other news, Ukrain is asking for express access to NATO. Doubtful that it'll happen (Finsland still not in and their situation is much simpler) but they might get to a point where the minute a cease fire is called they get in or something to that effect.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Sometime I really love the internet, but at the same time I'm always worried that some these subreddit are filled with crazy conspiracy theorist.

In other news, Ukrain is asking for express access to NATO. Doubtful that it'll happen (Finsland still not in and their situation is much simpler) but they might get to a point where the minute a cease fire is called they get in or something to that effect.
To be fair, that subreddit is basically shit posting for the sake of it. The conspiracy shit is more or less pure mad parody of actual vatnik conspiracies. It's also a perfect excuse to make Ace Combat and Metal Gear jokes all the time.

Ukraine asking to join NATO I'm sure part of it is a calculated "Fuck You" to Russia. If Russia is gonna just decide to declare they own parts of Ukraine because reasons, Ukraine is going to declare their intent to join a nuclear armed anti Russian defensive alliance....since Russia clearly cannot be trusted to respect the borders of their neighbors.

Not to mention a clear statement that Ukraine will never be part of Russia and they would rather die then be absorbed. Or more accurately, rather kill Russians then be absorbed.

Last edited:

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
The Head of Dagestan, Sergei Melikov, calling Russian draft officers "fucking morons" and "idiots" for driving around with megaphones demanding that all men must turn up with military ID to be drafted.

The draft has been well organised and fair, then, I see.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I would not be shocked if Alex Jones was a Russian asset, or more accurately, useful idiot since I doubt he realizes he is.
Can we put Tucker Carlson in this category. He's going full Alex Jones over Ukraine. I expect him to start crying on air like Jones or Jordan Peterson any day nkw

Reactions: Dalisclock

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Reuters: Russia abandons Ukrainian bastion, Putin ally suggests nuclear response.

Lyman has apparently been liberated.

In unrelated news, Putin announces the moon is now part of Russia because the first probe to land was Soviet and it voted to be annexed. The is a completely LEGAL and LEGIT election because Putin says so.
Ah... Moon Logic