Ukraine

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
I mean, he did start all this....

iteration of the same problem we've had for over a century. 6mths in a leaky boat was popular for a reason
The masterful and haunting use of whistling and accordian?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
-> they say things that you don't like and have had their reputations smeared
They've said things that are demonstrably false before, which raises a question mark over the authenticity of anything they say without any proof in future. Willingness to blindly accept what is told to you by charlatans without a shred of evidence is not critical-thinking or rational scepticism; it's exactly the opposite.

Source: Some guy says Musk told him about talking to Putin. Musk denies it.
Well, "some guy" = the head of a political risk corp that's pretty well respected. The same guy also reported an undisclosed meeting between Trump and Putin, which Trump denied, and which then turned out to be true.

Last edited:
Reactions: thestor

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
My favourite bit is the line about how she voted to start "a third nuclear war with Russia and China".

I must have missed the first two.
Well...they were involved in WW2, so...

No, actually, China wasn't established until 1949 (or rather, the People's Republic of China wasn't). And Russia was part of the USSR in WW2, and, IIRC, wasn't at war with Japan when nuclear weapons were used, and the war in Europe had nominally ended (not sure if the USSR was officially saying the war was over, though). So can't even really count them as allies during a nuclear war.

But now that I think about it, Taiwan still claims to be the legitimate government of China, and the same government as China had during 1945, right? So if by China, they mean the Republic of China, which counts as being a country that was involved (in a large way) in a the war where nuclear weapons were used, there was a nuclear war with China...sort of.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Also China isn't in this war in any way. as far as I know they are not even selling weapons to Russia
As far as I can tell, the most China is doing for Russia is....nothing. They're not pressuring Russia but they also aren't backing them either. Notably they abstained during the UN vote that just happened. Same with India.

Hell, I think the only other nations that backed Russia were Belarus, Syria, Nicaragua, and North Korea.

I keep joking about it but hard not to imagine China is just eyeing Siberia longingly and just waiting for Russia to do something really dumb like get themselves involved in a full scale war in Ukraine so they can yoink it with little fear of reprisal.

Reactions: thestor

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Also, Handy Summary from Kings and Generals.

Previous videos have gone into far more detail for smaller periods of the war. They're almost caught up with the war at this point.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I keep joking about it but hard not to imagine China is just eyeing Siberia longingly and just waiting for Russia to do something really dumb like get themselves involved in a full scale war in Ukraine so they can yoink it with little fear of reprisal.
Humm maybe if Russia disintegrate they'll swoop in and pick part of it up, but I doubt China would outright invade. China doesn't really seem to want new territory, it just want to be able to dictate its will on the smaller state surrounding it.

I think China is just happy with anything that'll weaken the west so it can do w/e it want without being bothered (ethnic cleansing, retaking Taiwan), so its hoping for Russia winning and possibly NATO disbanding or at least nation moving away from a globalist viewpoint toward a more nationalistic one. But at the same time, I don't think they really care about Russia ultimatly and wouldn't really be bothered if Purin lost and was overthrown. They somehwat care about NK, but that's because if the regime was to collapse it would leave a massive mess at their door and NK refugee would swarm them.

Reactions: Dalisclock

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I think China is just happy with anything that'll weaken the west so it can do w/e it want without being bothered (ethnic cleansing, retaking Taiwan), so its hoping for Russia winning and possibly NATO disbanding or at least nation moving away from a globalist viewpoint toward a more nationalistic one.
But they of course have to be careful, because if Western society sustains severe damage or turns towards an extreme stance of nationalism that closes off international markets, China will take an enormous hit to their pocketbook.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Including upbeat music representinfor representing truama. Sure.

The HMS Pinafore/ Gilbert and Sullivan outfits as well. Everyone loves the model of a modern major general
As far as I can tell, the most China is doing for Russia is....nothing. They're not pressuring Russia but they also aren't backing them either. Notably they abstained during the UN vote that just happened. Same with India.

Hell, I think the only other nations that backed Russia were Belarus, Syria, Nicaragua, and North Korea.

The Chinese are buying a bunch of resources of Russia for real cheap