General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Man I'm still thinking about it. Such a ridiculously iconic portrayal of my one my all time favorite characters. I always wondered if he regretted being so tied to the role, but given he was still at it right up to his death, he clearly loved it. My favorite scene of his will forever be Batman comforting Ace before she dies. He has like five or six lines. And yet it was perfect.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Man I'm still thinking about it. Such a ridiculously iconic portrayal of my one my all time favorite characters. I always wondered if he regretted being so tied to the role, but given he was still at it right up to his death, he clearly loved it. My favorite scene of his will forever be Batman comforting Ace before she dies. He has like five or six lines. And yet it was perfect.

As much as I dislike that episode, that flashback sequence is the only thing I consider canon.

Reactions: Bob_McMillan

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I posted this in the Dragon Age thread but Dragon Age is getting a Netflix show

Apparently we're gonna finally see Tevinter AKA MageByzantineEmpire.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
As much as I dislike that episode, that flashback sequence is the only thing I consider canon.
I think the best assessment of how well that sequence nailed the core of Batman's character was OSP on the subject of characterizing Batman: "If you can't imagine your version of Batman comforting a dying child, that's not Batman, that's the Punisher in a funny hat"

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Apparently that Lucasfilm and Ghibli collaboration is some stupid Baby Yoda short. Sigh.
I've been so done with Star Wars. I'm still waiting for a physical release of Visions, but nothing else interests me. Not even a good 3D animated TV series on both ends do nothing for me. I guess Rise Of Skywalker really killed my interests. I was always a super casual SW fan, but after all that crap and just certain parts of the fan base, I pretty much want next to nothing to do with it, outside of the few spinoffs that do their own thing and don't strictly apply to canon.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I've been so done with Star Wars. I'm still waiting for a physical release of Visions, but nothing else interests me. Not even a good 3D animated TV series on both ends do nothing for me. I guess Rise Of Skywalker really killed my interests. I was always a super casual SW fan, but after all that crap and just certain parts of the fan base, I pretty much want next to nothing to do with it, outside of the few spinoffs that do their own thing and don't strictly apply to canon.
Yeah, the films are just so consistently meh, and only get anywhere due to nostalgia. And due to their scary obsessed fanbase. It seems that every so often you need to abandon a franchise and jump onto another one, like a badly animated 2d character jumping from one crumbling block to another in an old fashioned platform game.

In moderately related news, there is going to be a live action movie reboot of Monster High. AFAIK, fans of that franchise seem to be less weird and more mature than most of the bigger franchises these days, so there's that.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
In moderately related news, there is going to be a live action movie reboot of Monster High. AFAIK, fans of that franchise seem to be less weird and more mature than most of the bigger franchises these days, so there's that
I didn't expect that. I know the Monster High fandom is usually cool and I rarely heard a problem from them. I'm surprised the series is getting a reboot in live action. I know the series started in the early 2010s, but I didn't think it would need to reboot that quickly. Best of luck to the show and its fans.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm not surprised in the slightest, nor do I care much. I'm going to see the movie on sunday, so I'll look at this video after my viewing.