Funny Events of the "Woke" world

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
You seem to have not understood my point. Having moral stances that you prioritize over the economy isn't a weakness. Pointing that out isn't a criticism.
Lmao, not enough to prioritize free child birth and child care

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
A large number of programs that feed, house, educate, or medically care for children have been sponsored or co-sponsored by Republicans. Free birth control is not in the same argument at all, literally nobody says "I would support free birth control but it's bad for the economy."

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

1668931551524.png

Elon Musk is a douche even if his rocket company is good, and his cars have trash build quality, but why do I dislike Jonathan Greenblatt? It's because every insult and criticism of Israel, even the most minuscule is treated as anti-Semitic. Even fellow liberal Jewish people like Jon Strewart and Bernie Sanders are being called anti-semitic. It's basically the boy who cried wolf.

Israel is literally a Middle Eastern superpower given its nominal GDP, military power, and intelligence as stated by Zakaria on CNN. They could kill every country in the region if they wanted to besides Pakistan. They are no longer the underdog. They don't need to be treated like walking on eggshells.

Now to give a counter-example; Ukraine. No nukes, no high GDP nominal or otherwise compared to others in the region. And before the current Ukrainian leader was very corrupt. But they are the underdog in this war and were attacked first as a weaker country for doing the right thing which is giving away their nuclear deterrent.
They deserve the internet backing them up.

Last edited:

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Many European countries have childcare and low birth rates. It's a good policy, but increasing the population isn't the main outcome.

If everyone lived like a billionaire we wouldn't have a planet, if everyone decided not to have babies including women and men, AND don't do some form of artificial births, there is no humanity, no more art, no more video games, no more books, no more technological growth, and no hope.

So to every one of those who say girl boss, I wonder what your opinion is on human cloning. I support human cloning and freedom for women, but western woke scientists don't, and then go around with girl boss slogans because they are the climate change deniers 2.0.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Many European countries have childcare and low birth rates. It's a good policy, but increasing the population isn't the main outcome.

If everyone lived like a billionaire we wouldn't have a planet, if everyone decided not to have babies including women and men, AND don't do some form of artificial births, there is no humanity, no more art, no more video games, no more books, no more technological growth, and no hope.

So to every one of those who say girl boss, I wonder what your opinion is on human cloning. I support human cloning and freedom for women, but western woke scientists don't, and then go around with girl boss slogans because they are the climate change deniers 2.0.
And if aliens come by and turn humanity into livestock, there's no more self determination.

About as likely as "everyone deciding to not have babies"

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
And if aliens come by and turn humanity into livestock, there's no more self determination.

About as likely as "everyone deciding to not have babies"
It's not everyone doesn't have babies, it's a declining birth rate. One year it's 2.1 than 2.0 than 1.9 children per couple on average, and if trends continue without intervention we are screwed. I like the human race. There are some European, and Asian countries where they will crease to exist, and that cannot be the fate for the rest of the planet.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
It's not everyone doesn't have babies, it's a declining birth rate. One year it's 2.1 than 2.0 than 1.9 children per couple on average, and if trends continue without intervention we are screwed. I like the human race. There are some European, and Asian countries where they will crease to exist, and that cannot be the fate for the rest of the planet.
The trend will not continue to 0.0, that is absurd

Reactions: Thaluikhain

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
The trend will not continue to 0.0, that is absurd
But the population will decline to zero if the trends go on. An example is South Korea with a birthrate of .84 or Japan or Taiwan or various Eurozone countries like Spain or Italy.

Population declines that go on forever are bad.

Generally, countries go high birthrate, and death rates before their industrial revolution, high birthrate and low death rate during it, and low birthrate and low birthrate post-industrial revolution.

You can't ban abortion because doing so will have a blowback effect of lowering the birthrate after abortion is reaffirmed as a law due to a political counter-movement so the only method would be for the government to take it out of the hands of citizens they get their freedom, governments get the labor pool that increases or decreases due to the environment.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
But the population will decline to zero if the trends go on. An example is South Korea with a birthrate of .84 or Japan or Taiwan or various Eurozone countries like Spain or Italy.

Population declines that go on forever are bad.

Generally, countries go high birthrate, and death rates before their industrial revolution, high birthrate and low death rate during it, and low birthrate and low birthrate post-industrial revolution.

You can't ban abortion because doing so will have a blowback effect of lowering the birthrate after abortion is reaffirmed as a law due to a political counter-movement so the only method would be for the government to take it out of the hands of citizens they get their freedom, governments get the labor pool that increases or decreases due to the environment.
The population will not decline to zero, fucking hell. Population declines will not go on forever, Malthus

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
The population will not decline to zero, fucking hell. Population declines will not go on forever, Malthus
I genuinely like that you haven't bothered to come up with sources for this, because it's blindingly obvious and shouldn't require any.

But yeah, population declines won't go on till we are at 0 (or lower). People spend more time on FB now then 100 years ago, if that continues eventually everyone will spend more than 24 hours a day on FB, and that'd be terrible. I'm not going to be worried about that possibility, because obviously.

Reactions: TheMysteriousGX

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
The population declines in western countries can largely be attributed to the world kind of sucking. This encompasses global warming, the financial plight of the average person and the surge of old school bigots trying to assert their beliefs of the world again. So suggesting abortions should be disallowed, is in fact a contributing factor to the decline in the first place.

The western world just isnt that dream anymore, and people arent sure if they want, or can afford, to bring kids into it.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
But they have to, so that our tribe has more people than that other tribe, so that we can go kill them and take their stuff before they kill us and take our stuff.
I just want to keep our stuff and protect my friend's stuff if I was the US.

Speaking of keeping our stuff.

This is so brain-dead it's not even funny. How about we fix climate change before we hand out checks to people for damage caused by climate change. We need more battery storage, solar, wind, and likely nuclear mini reactors or MSR reactors. We should spend the money meant for climate change reparations on fixing climate change now. Thanks to opportunity cost every dollar we spend on climate change checks for damages is another can't spend on building for example solar roads.

Second, this isn't how you go about it even if you wanted to hand out checks to people. The US basically just states China should also pay for it too, and China will go no we are still a "developing country", and there will be gridlock. Another grandstanding gesture by the Pakistani government who funded the Tablian in Afghanistan, and had Bin Laden near the Pakistan West Point-like a military academy.

I will pay climate reparations to Afghanistan when they paid reparations to 9/11 families.

Last edited:

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I will pay climate reparations to Afghanistan when they paid reparations to 9/11 families.
Winners get to demand reparations. You didn’t win in Afghanistan.

Although calling these reparations is dumb because it’s an obviously loaded term. Compensation would be a more accurate description.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
IIRC, Biden did take a lot of Afghanistan's money that was outside it's borders when the Taliban took over. And the people who matter made a lot of money out of invading Afghanistan (and killing rather more civilians than 9/11 did).

Reactions: MrCalavera

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

Although calling these reparations is dumb because it’s an obviously loaded term. Compensation would be a more accurate description.
Yeah I meant Pakistan but that works too.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Solar roads.
No, just no. Solar roads are snake oil, a tech bro fairy tale that sounds good in concept, but in reality is an expensive engineering nightmare that is less efficient than basically any other form of solar power generation and all attempts at it have been disappointing failures.

If you badly want solar, cover as many south-facing rooftops as possible instead. Not ideal either, nor very exciting, but cheaper, easier, more efficient than solar roads.