General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
You literally proved my point. You ignored everything I said to repeat the negative hype you read online. The microtransactions were shortcut packs which were totally unnecessary unless you wanted to build everything 5 minutes into the game. In the years since then, this has gotten worse and they have learned to adjust the drop rates of things to push people towards buying, but in dead space 3 they had no learnt that lesson yet. And the "co-op shooter" was a highly unique take on co-op which was fantastic, actively using the perspective of two characters who were being driven insane by the marker, in their own personal way.

Anyway, thanks for proving my point quite succinctly!
You don't have to be so combative about this stuff. You like the game; you're fine, but that still doesn't ignore the issues or warning signs of what is wrong with the game and why people didn't like it. It is still mostly EA'S fault, but Visceral Game shoulders some responsibility as well. Granted, there wasn't much they can do, because they're under EA's dictating thumb. That's all I have to say on the matter. If you are going to respond with a bad attitude, I'm not even going to pay attention. Just a fair warning.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
You don't have to be so combative about this stuff. You like the game; you're fine, but that still doesn't ignore the issues or warning signs of what is wrong with the game and why people didn't like it. It is still mostly EA'S fault, but Visceral Game shoulders some responsibility as well. Granted, there wasn't much they can do, because they're under EA's dictating thumb. That's all I have to say on the matter. If you are going to respond with a bad attitude, I'm not even going to pay attention. Just a fair warning.
My point is most people dont like it because they read or watched someone elses negativity, pre-release. Check out people who played it. They consider it to be pretty solid, with great co-op. I'm not mad at people who dont like a thing. I'm irritated by the trend that exists of blindly jumping on hate trains without ever bothering to do an ounce of their own thinking or double checking.
Like, look at our descriptions of the game. Those are not just different takes, they're totally incompatible. One is based on playing the game, one is based on reading bad things the internet said.

EA often does incredibly shitty things because they're greedy af. But in turn, people will repeat almost any criticism verbatim because it's about a brand that is disliked.

Reactions: Gyrobot

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
My point is most people dont like it because they read or watched someone elses negativity, pre-release.
I don't deny certain groups of people have done that, but it does not hide the problems, nor make them less of a problem. I've seen people enjoy the game fine with or without the co-op.

I'm irritated by the trend that exists of blindly jumping on hate trains without ever bothering to do an ounce of their own thinking or double checking.
Similar case for me, but I find nowhere gear near frustrated as I used to about this. It's gonna happen no matter what medium you are in.

EA often does incredibly shitty things because they're greedy af. But in turn, people will repeat almost any criticism verbatim because it's about a brand that is disliked.
So? The same could be said for a lot if hated game companies. Don't let people like that get your panties in a bunch. Plenty of them get off on making people miserable or constantly confrontational, because miserable shits like them know nothing else. I ain't saying Dead Space 3 is the worst game ever made, but you can see why people didn't like. Regardless, if they played the game (with a co-op buddy) or not.

Last edited:

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Welp I'm convinced. Some of the live-action recreations of scenes from the original game look great!

Reactions: Gyrobot

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Considering they did DMC, God Of War, or Bayonetta style combat back in Unleashed, I don't blame them for dropping it completely

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Microsoft is increasing their prices to $70 for new releases which is no big deal because they aren't releasing any.
This is nothing new when everyone saw it coming. It's still bull crap and nothing more of a cheating out the consumer again. A majority of their crap ain't worth $70 to begin with. The same applies to Sony, even though they got games.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Microsoft is increasing their prices to $70 for new releases which is no big deal because they aren't releasing any.
Introducing Skyrim Super Duper Mega Ultra Edition! Now with 16 times the details! All this for $70, plz!

I guess this means the upcoming FO4 next-gen will be $70 as well.

Last edited: