General Gaming News.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Stardew Valley before deodorant.

True Fact: Deodorant didn't exist in ancient times. Neither did toilet paper.

Think about that. Now try not to think about that.

You're welcome.
People would stuff their nose with smelling herbs instead, although that might have been more because people would dumb their shit bucket in the street. All those "reborn/transported to medieval world" story never deal with this aspect. Where's the isekai "I was reborn in medieval world so I invented modern hygiene and sewer so I could stop puking every days"?

Reactions: Dalisclock

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

All is right with the universe
I've noticed that on pc it's coming to Steam instead of being exclusive to the Epic Store. Reviews from pc-centric outlets also make no mention of stutter or performance issues. Did Squenix learn something? It might actually be worth playing.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I've noticed that on pc it's coming to Steam instead of being exclusive to the Epic Store. Reviews from pc-centric outlets also make no mention of stutter or performance issues. Did Squenix learn something? It might actually be worth playing.
It runs at 120fps on PC if you have the set up for it, no performance problems I've seen reported.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Reactions: FakeSympathy

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Reactions: FakeSympathy

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Good hopefully less crap about e-sports and less developers being crazy on stage. I do hope they bring back that Shaving robot though.
Actual gameplay footage and trailers. That's all I want to see. No new netflix shows, celebrity guests, special performances, or any other bullshit.
Depending on how it looks, I might skip this one out. A majority of people are just here for the gameplay trailers or news anyway. The actual awards themselves don't mean a damn thing to me. I already have my own game of the year like anyone else.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Competition is good 'n all, but considering the type of competition they're attempting there I can't say I'd be disappointed.
Yeah, at some point governments were going to lock down their purchasing with monopoly rulings. If not investors. Rich people, the people who invest in these companies know how important competition is, and if you are dominating a market it is good, but you need opposition in the market to drive buyers. Which is one of the reasons why I rail against Microsoft's bullshit. I don't care that they suck honestly, it makes me giggle. However I would PREFER them to be decent at least because by MS dropping the ball so hard they aren't even playing the game anymore, means that Sony can get away with murder. Competition keeps these companies more honest with customers because they have to fight each other for your dollar.

Basically just cut all the fluffy fanfare bullshit and keep the focus on GAMES.
That would be the dream, though I'm sure there will still be plenty of shilling because Jeff gotta pay the bills. So long as they keep the majority of the awards off-screen like last year they should be fine. It's also entirely possibly that the only reason this show is "shorter" is because Jeff couldn't secure very many trailers. Perhaps not many companies had much to show. So less "WORLD PREMERES" means less show overall. But you say it's shorter "because of fan feedback" and it gets you off the hook.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra