General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Coffeezilla recently did a three-part series on Logan Paul’s bullshit nft project. Turns out it wasn’t just Logan Paul, but the entire operation sounds sketchy as hell. Who saw that going?

The three-parter is around 1hr 20 min long, and everyone is basically pointing fingers at each other.

A few days later, LP responds with this video:

Zero apology to investors,
Zero accountability for the shitty team he put together,
And zero explanation on what actually happened.

Just blaming coffeezilla for misinformation

I found this quote from the person that wrote the article.

I take it back: He’s not on his redemption arc.
For people like Paul, there is no "redemption arc". I really wish people would stop seeing things in life like it's some video game or anime. I don't know what the writer was expecting in this case. Logan Paul thought it was a good idea to film in the suicide forest to make a joke about it, causing a major international incident, and made things harder for people who are visiting Japan or immigration. Assholes like him and his pathetic brother never learn. Jigsaw could put them in one of his "games", and I would not lose any sleep from them dying.

Take Logan Paul to court so he can't get anything and lose all of his money.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Take Logan Paul to court so he can't get anything and lose all of his money.
Funny thing is that Paul is threatening Coffeezilla with a lawsuit in his response video.

Which is a bluff of course, because taking this to court would bring either the full breadth of his culpability to light, or his astounding incompetence, or both, neither of which his ego will ever allow him to admit to. Almost makes me wish Coffeezilla just calls his bluff.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Knowing Ubisoft, this open world concept is gonna go exactly the way I think is going, aint it?

Last edited:

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
OK, didn't know where to put this, I could start a new thread about it but seeing as so few people have actually got one, it didn't really feel worth it. This might be alarmist nonsense.

But apparently using your PS5 vertically could brick your console due to a design flaw.

Using your PS5 vertically will damage the console claim experts | Metro News

There are other articles online, but I'll let you find them yourselves if you're interested.

I have had mine vertically due to the big black and white beast taking up a huge amount of space. Now it is laying on its side, even if this isn't that big a deal, I don't fancy paying out another £500 for a replacement.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
OK, didn't know where to put this, I could start a new thread about it but seeing as so few people have actually got one, it didn't really feel worth it. This might be alarmist nonsense.

But apparently using your PS5 vertically could brick your console due to a design flaw.

Using your PS5 vertically will damage the console claim experts | Metro News

There are other articles online, but I'll let you find them yourselves if you're interested.

I have had mine vertically due to the big black and white beast taking up a huge amount of space. Now it is laying on its side, even if this isn't that big a deal, I don't fancy paying out another £500 for a replacement.
Ive seen this around but i find it hard to believe considered the console is advertised vertically in every piece of marketing and the stand itself works best vertically because it screws in.

My system has been vertical for over two years and there has been no problem so i dunno maybe they got a defective unit or they dropped it or something.

Also the claims seemed to come from one random youtuber in France. So one guy is hardly "experts" and if this was an issue we would have heard about this a lot more. The same way the red ring of death was widespread because a lot of people had the problem.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Ive seen this around but i find it hard to believe considered the console is advertised vertically in every piece of marketing and the stand itself works best vertically because it screws in.

My system has been vertical for over two years and there has been no problem so i dunno maybe they got a defective unit or they dropped it or something.

Also the claims seemed to come from one random youtuber in France. So one guy is hardly "experts" and if this was an issue we would have heard about this a lot more. The same way the red ring of death was widespread because a lot of people had the problem.
I don't know, says PS5 uses liquid metal for cooling, so I can totally see how that could become a problem. Liquid metal has amazing conductivity, both thermal and electrical. If it leaks out from the apu because of being on the bad end of manufacturing tolerances and/or errors. While probably rare. that can easily brick a console by just touching any part of the board that can short. There's a reason why liquid metal is only recommended for seasoned pc builders, and only to be used with the most extreme caution.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I don't know, says PS5 uses liquid metal for cooling, so I can totally see how that could become a problem. Liquid metal has amazing conductivity, both thermal and electrical. If it leaks out from the apu because of being on the bad end of manufacturing tolerances and/or errors. While probably rare. that can easily brick a console by just touching any part of the board that can short. There's a reason why liquid metal is only recommended for seasoned pc builders, and only to be used with the most extreme caution.
Im sure it is possible but an article like this is misleading that its probable which doesnt seem true considering it is one guy who's talking about it and a bunch of articles have picked it up without verifying the likelihood of it happening.

Also there is no evidence that having the consolde standing means anything to the likelihood of things leaking. If your liquid cooling breaks or leaks, you are probably fucked no matter how the console sits.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Also there is no evidence that having the consolde standing means anything to the likelihood of things leaking. If your liquid cooling breaks or leaks, you are probably fucked no matter how the console sits.
It would make a difference. Liquid metal serves as a thermal interface in between the PS5s apu and the heatsink, like thermal paste. If that heatsink is not on tight enough, or a little crooked, then that could leave enough of a gap for the liquid metal to escape from under the heatsink. If the PS5 is horizontal, then that could still be fine, cuz the everything on the motherboard would be horizontal too and the liquid might just sit there, where in the vertical orientation it will probably run off cuz gravity.

Or maybe it would collect on the underside, leaving the other side with nothing to remove heat so one side of the chip would get cooling while the other cooks. And it would cook, cuz the only reason why'd they usde liquid metal is cuz regular paste doesn cut it.

Mind you, just ruminating on what can go wrong.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
It would make a difference. Liquid metal serves as a thermal interface in between the PS5s apu and the heatsink, like thermal paste. If that heatsink is not on tight enough, or a little crooked, then that could leave enough of a gap for the liquid metal to escape from under the heatsink. If the PS5 is horizontal, then that could still be fine, cuz the everything on the motherboard would be horizontal too and the liquid might just sit there, where in the vertical orientation it will probably run off cuz gravity.

Or maybe it would collect on the underside, leaving the other side with nothing to remove heat so one side of the chip would get cooling while the other cooks. And it would cook, cuz the only reason why'd they usde liquid metal is cuz regular paste doesn cut it.

Mind you, just ruminating on what can go wrong.
Odds are something went wrong with this, which houses the SoC unit of the console. Whether something that wasn’t caught in QC or possibly damaged during shipping, customer handling, etc. Who knows.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
How and why?
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/heres-the-first-trailer-for-the-gran-turismo-movie/

Wait, Microsoft has QA staff for their videogames? L all be.

Reactions: Dalisclock

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Logan Paul has bactracked on his statements on coffeezilla. He will aparently be issuing a public apology...again

Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Wait, Microsoft has QA staff for their videogames? L all be.
I used to be a QA Tester for them. I don't think they have any in-house QA testers, because I was hired by a third-party consultant company to test out their shit. I tested out xbox one prototype, and you can imagine all the pain of navigating through the crappy UI