General Gaming News.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

Huh?

1672847674107.png

Many of the lines written for NPCs in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask relate to crunch, including its infamous "you've met with a terrible fate" line.

It's widely known that the game was developed in under two years - an extremely short amount of time that led to huge pressure and Nintendo employees working overtime.

As unearthed from Japanese magazines by YouTube channel DidYouKnowGaming, the game's writers inserted their experience of crunch into the mouths of the game's NPCs.

In one of those magazines, Zelda creator Shigeru Miyamoto said: "A lot of people ended up working overtime due to the sheer volume of work that had to be done... Suffice it to say, this was one tough year, I assure you... As long as it was finished, anything was acceptable."

Even director Eiji Aonuma pulled at least one all-nighter and didn't even play the game in full ahead of its release.

The game's script writer Mitsuhiro Takano noted that many of the NPCs are speaking for the development team.

"We put our feelings into the mouths of Termina's residents," said Takano.

"Like when work was getting backed up, we wrote one carpenter to say 'Damn! I'll have to stay up again... I wonder if I'll finish this' and 'Damn! Guess I'm staying up again tonight... I wonder if it will be ready in time'.

"Another example I wrote when our work was interfering with home life was the mayor saying 'don't tell my wife'.

"And after we completed development, I wrote the mask salesman to say: 'You've met with a terrible fate'."

Majora's Mask is known for its darker, twisted themes, but these lines suggest an even darker core to the game as its developers struggled with crunch.

DidYouKnowGaming's video also details how the star constellations in the sky are different depending on the name chosen at the start of the game, among other little known facts.

You can watch the video below.

DidYouKnowGaming - Every Copy of Majora's Mask is Personalised

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Ps5's are actually pretty easy to get now.
Maybe in the US, but not here. Supply is still fucked. Only big online retailers like amazon.de/.nl and couple others get a handful of stock once in a while that sells out in half an hour. Tho chances are it'll be some bundle with extra controllers, a game you don't want and usually some other peripheral garbage you don't want either, when you just want the console. Anyway, there's watchlists, so assuming you have nothing else to do and are fast enough you can maybe buy one, for comparitively more than NA because Sony arbitrarily decided to raise the price everywhere except NA. Tho on top that you'll probably pay still pay a markup, just cuz, tho that's technically not on Sony.

Ain't got time for that, nor a willingness to pay more for nothing. That's not easy. Easy is going to any random fucking store that carries games and leaving with a console. And it's pretty much been this since launch, with no appreciable improvement, and only platituted from Sony on resolving the situation, makes it feel like Sony only values certain customers. And if that makes me unreasonable, I can only ask if it's tasty.

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Maybe in the US, but not here. Supply is still fucked. Only big online retailers like amazon.de/.nl and couple others get a handful of stock once in a while that sells out in half an hour. Tho chances are it'll be some bundle with extra controllers, a game you don't want and usually some other peripheral garbage you don't want either, when you just want the console. Anyway, there's watchlists, so assuming you have nothing else to do and are fast enough you can maybe buy one, for comparitively more than NA because Sony arbitrarily decided to raise the price everywhere except NA. Tho on top that you'll probably pay still pay a markup, just cuz, tho that's technically not on Sony.

Ain't got time for that, nor a willingness to pay more for nothing. That's not easy. Easy is going to any random fucking store that carries games and leaving with a console. And it's pretty much been this since launch, with no appreciable improvement, and only platituted from Sony on resolving the situation, makes it feel like Sony only values certain customers. And if that makes me unreasonable, I can only ask if it's tasty.
Want me to buy one and ship it to you? Or do you live in a country with a different type of electrical outlet?

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Playstation is getting on that accessibility controller thing that Xbox did a while ago, but this one looks better because you can set it up specifically for your special needs.
I’d imagine/hope there was a ton of feedback that went into the R&D on this from actual disabled people. Looks cool and hopefully it helps more people enjoy games.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Want me to buy one and ship it to you? Or do you live in a country with a different type of electrical outlet?
Nah. Appreciate the offer, but with taxes and tariffs that'd more than likely turn out even more expensive than buying here. Besides, i intend to cut down on game expenses this year anyway. It can wait.

It's more a principle of the matter thing. Smh at Sony acting like everything is hunky dory now tho whole regions are still underserved, and displaying what feels like blatant favouritism while at it. It comes off hautain.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Nah. Appreciate the offer, but with taxes and tariffs that'd more than likely turn out even more expensive than buying here. Besides, i intend to cut down on game expenses this year anyway. It can wait.

It's more a principle of the matter thing. Smh at Sony acting like everything is hunky dory now tho whole regions are still underserved, and displaying what feels like blatant favouritism while at it. It comes off hautain.
Sony’s increasingly all about their games being more accessible, but it’s time they start adding consoles to the mix.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Who the hell would do that someone just making an emulator? His ain't the only one out there.

Fuck you, you garbage human being. You knew, because you are a con man.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Who the hell would do that someone just making an emulator? His ain't the only one out there.
As someone tangentially part of it, the emulation scene is really fucking toxic. Always has been, probably always will be. I don't get the why of it either.
He's disabled them now, but before he did, the comments on his response video were almost universally negative. You know you fucked up bad when even your stans slam you on your own channel.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
As someone tangentially part of it, the emulation scene is really fucking toxic. Always has been, probably always will be. I don't get the why of it either.
That's sad. How miserable, pathetic, and more than likely lonely for someone to be that petty over emulation? What, these people are doing death threats because they're ones not making it? How about you go out there and apply yourself? Or is that too difficult for you assholes?
You know you fucked up bad when even your stans slam you on your own channel.
Those infestation of hypocritical dick suckers can fuck off as well and get smacked in the face with an aluminum baseball bat.

Players getting disconnected and shadow-banned in Warzone 2 for being too good (msn.com)

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
He's disabled them now, but before he did, the comments on his response video were almost universally negative. You know you fucked up bad when even your stans slam you on your own channel.
Here’s a dark thought: is it wrong to get a bit of a devilish grin if the things these idiots wish on people and threaten them with actually happened to themselves instead? Like some wicked karmic hex, it would probably clean up a lot of the toxic bs out there.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Coffeezilla recently did a three-part series on Logan Paul’s bullshit nft project. Turns out it wasn’t just Logan Paul, but the entire operation sounds sketchy as hell. Who saw that going?

The three-parter is around 1hr 20 min long, and everyone is basically pointing fingers at each other.

A few days later, LP responds with this video:

Zero apology to investors,
Zero accountability for the shitty team he put together,
And zero explanation on what actually happened.

Just blaming coffeezilla for misinformation