General Gaming News.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Space mtx, where the real money from the game is made.
But Tim Curry promised me that space was the one place that hasn't been corrupted by capitalism!

Logan Paul has bactracked on his statements on coffeezilla. He will aparently be issuing a public apology...again
Typical bully tactics: Try to scare the victim, and when it looks like they can actually fight back, back down.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
I used to be a QA Tester for them. I don't think they have any in-house QA testers, because I was hired by a third-party consultant company to test out their shit. I tested out xbox one prototype, and you can imagine all the pain of navigating through the crappy UI
Also, the chain of command was almost non-existent. There was a senior lead, two junior lead, then 30+ QA testers. I had no idea who was from our company, or who was from MS. I actually felt kinda bad for the leads, because they were managing so many employees without having clear directives themselves.

Everyday, we were tasked to test the functions of XB1 prototype, but it just felt like there was no broader goal setting; Just doing random tasks to do each day

Last edited:

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

A snippet of early footage showing an upcoming, under-wraps PlayStation 5 project nicknamed "Ooze" has reportedly appeared online.

The video appeared on reddit over the weekend, though is only just a couple of seconds in length. It shows a third-person sci-fi game where a character in a futuristic-looking suit aims their gun at a towering alien structure that appears to have tentacles.

Reliable industry insider Dusk Golem has confirmed the footage shows a very early look at a project which is now much further along.

Nicknamed "Ooze", the game is reportedly being made in Unreal Engine 5, and is in the works at an external studio outside of PlayStation itself, with support from Sony's Liverpool-based developer XDEV.

"The nickname will make more and more sense when people see more of this," Dusk Golem wrote. "Whenever they do, it's a very ooey, gooey game, more than this clip even suggests."

Word of its development taking place outside of PlayStation itself rules out a number of internal developers which Sony now owns - such as the Jade Raymond-led Haven Studios, the fellow Liverpool-based studio Firesprite and Destiny maker Bungie. Sony is yet to comment on the leak.
Now, I remember the word "gooey" has established meaning, but wtf is "ooey" supposed to be? Nevertheless, if we're blasting from the exuberant past of those 90's yuck-out toy/entertainment trends while adding a modern spin, may I suggest the full title of "Ooze: Moist Gunge"?
yikes that is so awful to see in writing and hear in the head, let alone speak aloud, am ashamed to feel so proud of it

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
As Hogwarts Legacy launch draws near, there has been a lot of drama happening around the internet;

First, some people are angry that HL is getting pre-orders

A subreddit, made for a tongue-and-cheek humor no less, condemned the game

And someone actually got fired from their job for simply liking the game

I admit I do think JK Rowling got the success of the books and the movies get over her head and can be an arrogant biatch. But don't tell me these people seriously can't tell the difference between literature art, political statement, and a fucking video game?

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
As Hogwarts Legacy launch draws near, there has been a lot of drama happening around the internet;

I don't know why she's so surprised people want to play this game, or that she wastes her time being angry at the wrong people. You hate the game, fair of enough, but don't attack people for enjoying their own leisure activities. I hate JK, but not enough to hurts sensible and decent people and fans.

And someone actually got fire from their job for simply liking the game
I admit I do think JK Rowling got the success of the books and the movies get over her head and can be an arrogant biatch. But don't tell me these people seriously can't tell the difference between literature art, political statement, and a fucking video game?
LMR are hypocritical mother-fuckers! They have no right to do that at all! As many times they've screwed over consumers, conned, double dipped, and overcharged on Special Editions and Pre-Orders! Now you have standards all of sudden, because an employee has a positive opinion on a game?! Fuck off and get sued! Sue the fuck out of them!

Last edited:
Reactions: Specter Von Baren

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I don't know she's so surprised people want to play this gam, nor she waste her time being angry at the wrong people. You hate the game, fair of enough, but don't attack people for enjoying their own lesiure activities. I hate JK, but not enough to hurts sensible and decent people and fans.
It's the inability to separate Artist from Art. And people who think like this are frankly unhinged beyond belief. The idea that you are automatically a scumbag for buying a Harry Potter game simply because the creator of the Happy Potter books (not the game) is unlikable, is in itself detestable. Social media had trained these people into thinking that anyone who doesn't share 100% of their opinions in life is automatically a nazi (or other such scummy thing) and none of it is a healthy or rational way to look at the world.

It also implies that parents getting a Harry Potter game for their kids are also somehow promoting anti-trans ideologies, which is just insanity.

LMR are hypocritical mother-fuckers! They have no right to do that at all! As many people they've screwed over consumers, conned, double dipped, and overcharged on Special Editions and Pre-Orders! Now you have standards all of sudden, because an employee has a positive opinion on a game>! Fuck off and get sued! Sue the fuck out of them1
Sadly this is standard practice in a world of cancelations, that even if you follow the wrong person on social media might spell the end of your career. Which I think speaks more about how poisonous social media has become to society than any possible political opinion someone can have.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It's the inability to separate Artist from Art. And people who think like this are frankly unhinged beyond belief. The idea that you are automatically a scumbag for buying a Harry Potter game simply because the creator of the Happy Potter books (not the game) is unlikable, is in itself detestable. Social media had trained these people into thinking that anyone who doesn't share 100% of their opinions in life is automatically a nazi (or other such scummy thing) and none of it is a healthy or rational way to look at the world.

It also implies that parents getting a Harry Potter game for their kids are also somehow promoting anti-trans ideologies, which is just insanity.

Sadly this is standard practice in a world of cancelations, that even if you follow the wrong person on social media might spell the end of your career. Which I think speaks more about how poisonous social media has become to society than any possible political opinion someone can have.
LMR don't get off the hook that easily (not implying you are). This is them being scummier than usual and they would have done the same with or without Twitter or Facebook. People were already weary and on to you idiots. Now you just made all of yourselves much bigger targets.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
LMR don't get off the hook that easily (not implying you are). This is them being scummier than usual and they would have done the same with or without Twitter or Facebook. People were already weary and on to you idiots. Now you just made all of yourselves much bigger targets.
I don't know enough about LMR as I've never had an interest in their offerings, so I'll take your word on that. Still the fact that the exact same thing has happened at other companies more than once is shocking.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I don't know enough about LMR as I've never had an interest in their offerings, so I'll take your word on that. Still the fact that the exact same thing has happened at other companies more than once is shocking.
I showed you a video before, but you didn't watch at the time. I implore you to see this when you have the chance.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Left 4 Dead Prototype Video Leaks Online (gamerant.com)

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Think of it as in black & white terms, because it’s basically been funneled into the, “if you’re not for them, then you use be against them” mentality. And if you’re against them, then you’re an impediment to their movement and rights. Hence, cancel culture.

There are always going to be caveats, which is where the biggest disconnect can be expected. For the sports example, at what point in hormone treatments does a male person transitioning to a female no longer have the inherently male traits to be considered fair competition. Or, at what point is it not considered indecent for a transitioning male sharing a public bathroom with a young girl present. Maybe it’s like in one of those old comedies where the guy’s in the girl’s changing room and he’s all, “It’s cool, I’m gay!”

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Meh

I mean, come on: it looks like a pretty but basic arena fighter where your slave owning character is putting down an oppressed race who's got more than a few similarities to real life peoples

Last edited:

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA

A subreddit, made for a tongue-and-cheek humor no less, condemned the game

And someone actually got fired from their job for simply liking the game

Sorry, but they can't.

Reactions: FakeSympathy