Our Covid Response

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
No we don't, provide that study that says masks do anything... unless there's a super recent well done randomized study of masking, the evidence doesn't exist.
As I said: no interest in another diversionary tangent.

You also insinuated China ONLY still has mask mandates. I'm pretty sure they are still doing several other things like testing and tracing that in conjunction with masks will work according to your guys' fantasy worlds.
Diversionary change of topic again.

Address what we're actually talking about. The surge in China provides zero evidence against masks; and you were categorically wrong to say others were claiming masks alone would be enough.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
As I said: no interest in another diversionary tangent.

Diversionary change of topic again.

Address what we're actually talking about. The surge in China provides zero evidence against masks; and you were categorically wrong to say others were claiming masks alone would be enough.
Then stop posting misinformation.

How are cases skyrocketing in China when China is doing all the stuff you guys say will stop covid from skyrocketing...? I don't really care if someone here or not said masks alone will stop covid, you guys definitely think mask help a decent amount to quite a bit (when there's literally no data saying they do). The point is China is doing all the stuff you guys think will help stop covid and it's not stopping covid. Testing and tracing is completely pointless and a waste of resources (that you can put to things that actually work). The only things you can implement without stopping society (pre-vaccine) are limiting large indoor public events (conventions, theaters, bars, restaurants, etc.), protecting the vulnerable, and (addition from the last time I said this) letting people stay home when sick for a few days (which should be a normal thing anyway). There's nothing else you can do that will make any meaningful impacts on covid spread that will allow society to still function.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
How are cases skyrocketing in China when China is doing all the stuff you guys say will stop covid from skyrocketing...?
It's almost like when a country stops doing something, it's no longer like they're doing that thing.

Better question: why weren't cases skyrocketing in China when China was doing all the stuff they were doing?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
How are cases skyrocketing in China when China is doing all the stuff you guys say will stop covid from skyrocketing...?
Easy: China isn't "doing all the stuff we say".

I don't really care if someone here or not said masks alone will stop covid
Then you shouldn't have said it, or at the very least, should have just acknowledged it was a mistake when it was first pointed out to you, rather than painstakingly dragging this out with diversions and deflections.

Reactions: Dalisclock

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

I wasn't sure if this should go here or it's own thread in Music called "Throwing cats in a blender and recording the sound" but I determined here would work

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
It's almost like when a country stops doing something, it's no longer like they're doing that thing.

Better question: why weren't cases skyrocketing in China when China was doing all the stuff they were doing?
Locking people in their homes will stop covid.

They are still doing the things y'all think will stop covid.

Easy: China isn't "doing all the stuff we say".

Then you shouldn't have said it, or at the very least, should have just acknowledged it was a mistake when it was first pointed out to you, rather than painstakingly dragging this out with diversions and deflections.
What do you think would stop covid while also keeping society open? You keep saying to contact trace covid, but that doesn't work.

Y'all think masking is important to controlling covid spread when no data says that it would.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Locking people in their homes will stop covid.

They are still doing the things y'all think will stop covid.

What do you think would stop covid while also keeping society open? You keep saying to contact trace covid, but that doesn't work.

Y'all think masking is important to controlling covid spread when no data says that it would.
Hey, show of hands: who was saying we should open up society in the middle of a deadly pandemic?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I've already laid out how it could have been handled better (several times) and I'm getting damn sick of repeating myself.

This isn't even what we were discussing. You've just abandoned what you were saying before ("people thought masks alone were enough!") without acknowledging it was bullshit, and have now shifted onto the same general endless anti-mask tirade.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

Oh, that's real easy. Lockdowns

I hardly ever had to stay in my home or wear masks for 2 years and I think my state was still on zero deaths before we opened up.

Edit: bonus points. The economy was growing here under covid. Because everyone could still go to work

It's exactly what you asked for

Reactions: MrCalavera

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I've already laid out how it could have been handled better (several times) and I'm getting damn sick of repeating myself.

This isn't even what we were discussing. You've just abandoned what you were saying before ("people thought masks alone were enough!") without acknowledging it was bullshit, and have now shifted onto the same general endless anti-mask tirade.
Phoenixmgs kept going on about a) the media 'not telling him ventilation was important' when they specifically did and b) not realise that changes in, lets say, seating arragements in restaurants was a direct response to information the media released about information and c) pretended that ventilation and masks were totally seperate and wouldn't effect each other

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Phoenixmgs kept going on about a) the media 'not telling him ventilation was important' when they specifically did and b) not realise that changes in, lets say, seating arragements in restaurants was a direct response to information the media released about information and c) pretended that ventilation and masks were totally seperate and wouldn't effect each other
Sort of, except there was even more goalpost moving than that.

Reactions: Dalisclock

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

These lying grifter videos are popping up all over now for some reason but this one was hilarious so I'll allow it

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I got 2 Pfizers, and a Moderna, and a Janssen. Triple Threat. So, I must actually be dead right now and not know it yet, right?

EDIT: Damn it, none of the links are working right :(

Youtube over here ruinin my damn joke...

Reactions: Chimpzy