Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I think it sucks because from what I've seen, it looks like a fun game. A single player, story based game with no always online DRM, battle passes, or microtransactions, and its based off a popular IP that approaches it with understanding and respect for the IP. At least from the screenshots Im not seeing spike green haired badass millennials spouting annoying self aware quips.
Does it suck Rowling is a piece of shit? Yeah, it does. Do some of her stories suck? Yeah, they do.
But like you said, she has nothing to do with this game.
I might play it someday. I can tolerate Harry Potter well enough and it does look visually interesting if noting else.

In other news we know how many shittons of people still buy Fords and GM right. Right?

Money talks, ultimately.

Goddamn it Sony for setting a precedent, now everyone has to do it.

Is the Economy that bad right now?

They can do that, but it looks worse both literally and figuratively when their games look and run like last gen titles at best.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
- Might pick up Pikmin 4. Looks fun. Kind of a weird place to jump into the series maybe, but whatever
- Rerelease of Ghost Trick.That's cool. I've heard many good things about it.
- Nice, We Love Katamari remaster. I already have the original on PS2, but the world can always use more Katamari joy.
- Sea of Stars was already on my radar, but will definitely try out the demo
- Will probably grab that Baten Kaitos collection. Wonder if it'll have a physical release.

Also, as a big Metroid fan you'd think I'd be psyked at the Prime 1 remaster, but no. A) not the Prime I'd like. B) already have it, except mine is 4k/60 and has kb&m controls.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Greedy bastards. Start buying them used and refurbished people.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Not that I want to look a gift horse in the mouth but those aren't the versions of Etrian Odyssey I and II I wanted to be ported to PC. I wanted the 3DS remakes.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020

People ever going to admit there is a very big problem with people in their ideology? Yes? No?
Absolutely no problem watching them get hit for streaming the IP of a transphobic author. So long as people continue to stream the game there will be activists taking a stand against that no matter how badly they are tarred and feathered

Blessed be KonradLeijon

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Absolutely no problem watching them get hit for streaming the IP of a transphobic author. So long as people continue to stream the game there will be activists taking a stand against that no matter how badly they are tarred and feathered

Blessed be KonradLeijon
More people streamed the game than probably normally would because of all the activists trying to bully people. Asmongold streamed it and he virtually never gives a shit about games that aren't MMO's.

And it wasn't just streamers but the literal audience was also doing it. Hogwarts was the most watched thing on twitch yesterday.

Reactions: BrawlMan

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015

Blessed be KonradLeijon
You know being unempathetic is the problem with JKR in the first place?

I do not like Harry Potter, for a variety of reasons, and very crucially I didn't particularly enjoy the books as a child which meant I had no great attachment to them to carry with me into my adult life. This is convenient because now I have a large circle of trans friends and acquaintances I don't have to engage in any painful separation from it due to JKR's descent into being obsessively transphobic. Still, I know the power of a good book, particularly one which affected you when you were young, and Harry Potter weaves a wish fulfilment fantasy which many people have clearly found seductive. Things like that will hold great sway over people. Aggressively lashing out against it might feel good, and isn't wrong, but it ultimately preaches only to the converted. It frames the conflict as purely abstract ideology, when it is a matter of a very tangible question of whether you feel it is acceptable to financially reward a creator who will likely funnel that money into a cause that will bring harm to a particular group of people. Additionally, not everyone will take that harm as assumed - not everyone is au fait with trans people and the threats they face, not everyone understands the ongoing campaign to stir up anti-trans sentiment, not everyone quite comprehends how the movement of money can affect society. There is a satisfaction to be gained in inflicting harm upon those who don't follow ones own worldview, but punishment is not a worthy end in and of itself, it must be judged on what change it is bringing into the world. Has anyone gained a usefully new perspective, has a harmful system been torn down, have you brought aid to the needy, or have you merely caused someone to have an upsetting day?

Reactions: Absent and BrawlMan