Post some godawful video game character designs

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
Her design fails so hard at being a sexy mage/witch. Here's a better version of that.
I don't know why I felt like sharing this in response, I was kinda into her back when I played the game but in hindsight it does look a bit silly. How does that shit stay on? But still better than miss checkerboard.

Anyway the Luminous Arc game have a lot of witch designs, that's kinda what the games are about. And you got the full spectrum of good to silly.

I kinda miss the hand held days of random RPGs. They weren't the best things ever, but there was some diversity even if companies like image epoch would do silly ass things with their gameplay design(BRS, Fate/Extra). But I digress.

Reactions: BrawlMan

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Designs steps for designing a female character;

- Take a naked woman
- Think of something that covers up her vagina and nipples
- Add accessoires and details that invoke the charactertype they're supposed to be, but leave enough skin showing
- Done

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011

- Take a naked woman
- Add accessoires and details that invoke the charactertype they're supposed to be, but leave enough skin showing
- Done
And then we have the Touhou series, which despite having an all-female cast in the hundreds has yet to reveal a midriff in any official artwork I'm aware of.
1676542292251.png
1676542324480.png

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Good lord, that poor woman's spine. Xenoblade, XB2 in particular, is kind of a goldmine of dulb designs.

- Take a naked woman
- Done
Bonus points if she's also 1000yo but both looks and acts like a child

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
And then we have the Touhou series, which despite having an all-female cast in the hundreds has yet to reveal a midriff in any official artwork I'm aware of.
I want you to look at both characters very, very carefully and think about why they aren't designed that way. Take your time.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Just heads up, you can the images smaller by clicking on them and dragging any of the squares on one of the four corners of the image. I've been doing that every time there's a large image size.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
These two. So much "original character do not steal" energy

At least Mephiles had an interesting backstory. What I barely remember. Infinite is just a glorified elite mook disguised as a boss and nothing is interesting about his overly comical edgelord ass. He's an interpretation of what 12-15 year-olds' (plenty of adults too) thought what Linkin Park was all about. When it was clearly never the case.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I look at those and no word of a lie, the chorus to "Crawling" starts playing in my head. So task failed successfully designer.
None of those designs comes close to match the meaning of the song "Crawling". I just talked about this. What you're saying is a shit post from 2006 on people who think what Linkin Park is all about, but don't know or made an AMV/listen to their songs for the wrong reasons (misaimed fandom).

Last edited:
Reactions: NerfedFalcon

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Oh hun no. The fuck you gonna do when you have to debate Trump for the Republican nomination and you have to suck his dick cuz your base is actually his base?

Also this. Trump: "Isn't your real name Nimrata Nikki Randhawa Haley?"
I think you meant to post this in the current events forum, anti-woke thread.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Good lord, that poor woman's spine. Xenoblade, XB2 in particular, is kind of a goldmine of dulb designs.

Bonus points if she's also 1000yo but both looks and acts like a child
"You see, she may look like she's 13 but it's okay because she's actually a million years old and a dragon in disguise".

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Xenoblade 2 was... interesting. Kinda cranked the anime level to max in that one, which is a shame cause the first game I felt was surprisingly grounded. Not super far into 3 though so maybe that game will also get whacky too, but so far it seems to be a liiitle more serious (also, no spoilers please)

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Xenoblade 2 was... interesting. Kinda cranked the anime level to max in that one, which is a shame cause the first game I felt was surprisingly grounded. Not super far into 3 though so maybe that game will also get whacky too, but so far it seems to be a liiitle more serious (also, no spoilers please)
It probably took herculean restraint to not put Nia in some kind of stripperific fetish outfit, what with being the resident catgirl. At least, before you get her Blade form