Shower Thoughts MK2

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Do people who donate to patreons actually care about having their name in the credits? Like, is anybody donating and thinking "great now everybody can see that John Sampson or Skippy127 is a supporter of Zero Punctuation!"?

Honestly, I'd be embarrassed to have mine on something like that.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Do people who donate to patreons actually care about having their name in the credits? Like, is anybody donating and thinking "great now everybody can see that John Sampson or Skippy127 is a supporter of Zero Punctuation!"?

Honestly, I'd be embarrassed to have mine on something like that.
I had an Escapist + subscription for 2 years. At first it was a bit exciting to see my name in the credits, but the novelty wore off after like 4 episodes.

Reactions: Drathnoxis

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
There should be a website that tells you whether the dog in a film dies so you can decide whether to watch it. I stopped watching something (Berberian Sound Studio) the other day halfway though because I went to bed, but I had a suspicion the dog (vizsla) would die by the end so I decided not to come back to it.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
There should be a website that tells you whether the dog in a film dies so you can decide whether to watch it. I stopped watching something (Berberian Sound Studio) the other day halfway though because I went to bed, but I had a suspicion the dog (vizsla) would die by the end so I decided not to come back to it.
Brother, worry not...

Such service exists and more!

Tho may be a bit too thorough. 🤔

Screenshot_20230218-231135.png

Reactions: Baffle

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Huh, I found that site by accident like a week ago, never having seen it before. Odd coincidence.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I think I’m becoming an old man because I have discovered recently that I like mustard pickle on my roast beef sandwiches. Something that ten years ago I’d have been up on the barricades to keep of my sangers.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Ever notice fruit flavored candy never actually tastes like the fruit it's supposed to taste like? Like orange flavor candy does not taste like an actual orange, nor does grape flavor taste like real grapes, or banana flavor like a banana.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Ever notice fruit flavored candy never actually tastes like the fruit it's supposed to taste like? Like orange flavor candy does not taste like an actual orange, nor does grape flavor taste like real grapes, or banana flavor like a banana.
I suspect that people who buy candy instead of fruit would be disappointed is it tasted less like candy than like fruit.

Semi-relatedly. I often have the impression that sugar-less versions product taste sweeter than regular versions, and I've been wondering if it was because the target group (urgently seeking to lose weight) tend to appreciate the taste of sugar more than other people.