Funny events in anti-woke world

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
This is your friendly reminder that over 300 bills have been produce by states in the US that specifically target transgender negatively. In just 2023. 2 mths

Oh, and Michael Knowles wants to eradicate all trans people. And got a nice round of appluase at CPAC

But, no one is targeting trans people
But the real threat to America is woke candy!

Reactions: BrawlMan

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

Note, he posted a movie clip, and in that clip where he's identifying with the two middle managers, they also just stop paying an employee without telling him he's laid off, and said employee burns down the company HQ.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country

Note, he posted a movie clip, and in that clip where he's identifying with the two middle managers, they also just stop paying an employee without telling him he's laid off, and said employee burns down the company HQ.
And literally no-one will tell him 'this is not okay', because he's a rich psychopath, and they get to do what they want.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Oh, and Michael Knowles wants to eradicate all trans people. And got a nice round of applause at CPAC
I preface this with the acknowledgement that Michael Knowles is a manipulative troll, who phrased himself precisely the way he did to inspire precisely the response you're taking away, and I do not support that sort of behavior.

He didn't say that. Pretty much everyone who claimed he said that has retracted the claim and changed their headlines, because otherwise they would get sued and lose. And now there are dozens of headlines about his actual opinions. And anywhere someone states the original headlines over, they're going to get corrected by someone, further driving engagements with the ideas of Michael Knowles. You're playing into his hand. If you can't navigate the internet well enough to recognize this, you're probably better off not being on the internet.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
I preface this with the acknowledgement that Michael Knowles is a manipulative troll, who phrased himself precisely the way he did to inspire precisely the response you're taking away, and I do not support that sort of behavior.
"I'm not defending this guy, but I'm totally going to defend him and act like the people not calling for genocide are the real problem."

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
And anywhere someone states the original headlines over, they're going to get corrected by someone, further driving engagements with the ideas of Michael Knowles. You're playing into his hand. If you can't navigate the internet well enough to recognize this, you're probably better off not being on the internet.
Firstly, "No publicity is bad publicity" has been shown up as bunkum quite a few years ago.

Secondly, his line was "transgenderism must be eradicated from public life entirely-- the whole preposterous ideology at every level".

It's rather an absurd distinction to pretend he doesn't want to get rid of trans people. "Eradicating transgenderism" would unavoidably mean that.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Though, annoying when it says no to that, or says yes, but changes it's mind halfway through and won't continue whatever is going on. Bad Lovecraft rip-off fics shouldn't suddenly turn chirpy and upbeat.
I dunno, there's a part of me that I suspect would find it rather charming to see Cthulhu's kids tearfully putting away his picture, at last coming to terms with the fact that he wasn't coming back...and almost the moment they do so, he slams through the giant door, dripping with seawater. "You would NOT BELIEVE the eon I just had! I swear to Azathoth, if another city ever sinks with me in it..."

Reactions: Baffle

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
He didn't say that. Pretty much everyone who claimed he said that has retracted the claim and changed their headlines, because otherwise they would get sued and lose. And now there are dozens of headlines about his actual opinions. And anywhere someone states the original headlines over, they're going to get corrected by someone, further driving engagements with the ideas of Michael Knowles. You're playing into his hand. If you can't navigate the internet well enough to recognize this, you're probably better off not being on the internet.
Ultimately it doesn't really matter much whether he said ''eliminate transgenders'' or ''eliminate transgenderism''. It pretty much means the same. I mean what else to do with transgender people when you decide to eliminate transgenderism in its entirety? Even the nicest interpretation of the phrase would likely involve forceful detransition and the inevitable self harm that comes afterwards.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country

He says it can't be genocide because transgender isn't a real thing, therefore how can you kill what isn't real.
“Nobody’s calling to exterminate anybody because the other problem with that statement is that transgender people is not a real ontological category,” he added. “It’s not a legitimate category of being.”

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland

So transgender people can exist so long as they aren't transgender. Christ I'm fucking sick of your fascist bullshit. Just say you hate queer people and wish they didn't exist. Just fucking say it you fucking coward. I'd actually respect you more as just a fascist than as a fascist and a fucking pussy.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Oh it gets much much worse

Musk decided to make fun of him for having muscular dystrophy.
Because Musk doesn't think before he tweets. The whole draw for him in buying the company was getting to say whatever his brain vomits up without consequences.

"But he's rich! He must be a smart!"
-Every wannabe office tyrant
- Also every last social darwinist who think that it's the poor holding them back rather than their own psychopathy

Reactions: BrawlMan

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
I mean what else to do with transgender people when you decide to eliminate transgenderism in its entirety?
Nothing. You do nothing. You're trying to interpret his words from a perspective of gender as an immutable characteristic and transgender as one particular configuration of that. But that isn't his perspective, he sees the whole thing as a misconception. Imagine the following conversation:

Person A: We need to remove from society the idea that tomatoes are a vegetable!
Person B: You want to get rid of tomatoes?
Person A: No, I just want to acknowledge that they're a fruit.
Person B: So what are you gonna do with the tomatoes then?

That's what this conversation looks like from his perspective.
So transgender people can exist so long as they aren't transgender.
Close. The idea is not "transgender people can exist'", it is "the people who say they are transgender do exist, but they aren't transgender." If Michael Knowles personally murdered every single individual he believed to be transgender, he would kill zero people.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Close. The idea is not "transgender people can exist'", it is "the people who say they are transgender do exist, but they aren't transgender." If Michael Knowles personally murdered every single individual he believed to be transgender, he would kill zero people.
So basically, force trans people back into the closet for your personal comfort because you can't handle reality. Cheetoh is right man, you're a coward. You want this long wishlist of right wing fantasies punishing people for being different, but when it comes to the actual practical outcomes you just don't have the stomach to look directly at it.