General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
There's another publisher removing their online products. You're going to remove all those, but keep all your sports titles online? Unsurprising in the least. Once again, this is why we should never have a digital only future. Most of these games have physical releases, so people can still play the single player.

Also, not sure if anybody remembers this link from last year. The signs were already there.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
There's another publisher removing their online products. You're going to remove all those, but keep all your sports titles online? Unsurprising in the least. Once again, this is why we should never have a digital only future. Most of these games have physical releases, so people can still play the single player.
If you bought them online, you can still play the single player mode. You just can't buy the games anymore, but that is something that even more commonly happens to the physical releases.

Also i didn't even remember that Mirror's edge had online multiplayer.

Reactions: Bedinsis

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
If you bought them online, you can still play the single player mode. You just can't buy the games anymore, but that is something that even more commonly happens to the physical releases.

Also i didn't even remember that Mirror's edge had online multiplayer.
I know, but that's not the point nor issue I'm showing. While the same thing can happen to physical, it can more than likely and still does with digital. Once something is gone, it's gone forever. If you didn't get it at that time, or could because of either lack of money resources, or not born in a specific year a decade, a game of interest is gone. It's why I still advocate for physical forever. If a game is digital only, or never got a physical release, then that's it unless you bought it beforehand.

They using Bayonetta to get people to bang more. That's pretty awesome.
Kamiya is more than likely trolling. I appreciate beyond brand gesture, but I highly doubt people in Japan are going to bang more because of Bayonetta.

Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
HAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA! Dumbasses!

Didn't have to go that far, dude...

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Bad Company 2, the last I checked, had a fairly active player base. Pretty wild of DICE to shut down one of their most beloved titles, although maybe not too surprising considering they have no idea why BC2 is so highly regarded.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
And Kinda sad at the same time. This means no one really wants to put in the effort, or hire people for better writing. I get it's just for NPC scripts, but knowing Ubisoft I'm willing to bet Ubisoft is gonna axe the entire writing staff in the future
It's crazy how unappreciated writer are in the industry, a decent writer salary for a game is peanut compared to the overall budget but can make all the difference, yet they frequently hire people that don't even seem to have a basic understanding of the language their writing (see mass effect "my face is tired" andromeda).

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
It's crazy how unappreciated writer are in the industry, a decent writer salary for a game is peanut compared to the overall budget but can make all the difference, yet they frequently hire people that don't even seem to have a basic understanding of the language their writing (see mass effect "my face is tired" andromeda).
Or Forspoken, Anthem, Avengers, Gotham Knights, Far Cry 6, AC Valhalla, COD Vanguard, Halo 5, and Diablo 3 for that matter.

Reactions: meiam and BrawlMan

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Indefinite Hiatus, which can be interpreted in many ways. I'd like to maintain a tiny bit of hope
Hope just leads to disappointment.

That's why it's the last evil in Pandora's box/jar/whatever.

See, my degree* in Ancient mythology was worth something.

*I don't actually have a degree, it's just a hobby, but I never get to use my actual degree for a joke so deals with it Tokies

Last edited:

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
And Kinda sad at the same time. This means no one really wants to put in the effort, or hire people for better writing. I get it's just for NPC scripts, but knowing Ubisoft I'm willing to bet Ubisoft is gonna axe the entire writing staff in the future
I've seen quite a few people gushing over AI generation that have no conception of what the ramifications of it will be. People think of how something will create more time for leisure or open it up to more people but it's always an Eli Whitney situation.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Yeah but at the same time I can understand Japan’s apathy at marriage/reproduction. The country’s already crowded AF and modern day life complexities don’t help matters at all.
Actually, the most recent survey found that the Japanese population has started finally going up.