General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Harry Potter doesn't even need a remake. The saga is more or less complete, and all the films are readily available on HBO Max. Not watching and she can still screw off.
Oh, but apparently they were going to change the setting of the Harry Potter movies to the US. Fingers crossed, this time it happens.

I want a god-awful US adaptation. Which is dark and edgy. And the kids are teens and make bad pop cultural references all the time.

Not that I'd actually watch it or anything, but still.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Oh, but apparently they were going to change the setting of the Harry Potter movies to the US. Fingers crossed, this time it happens.

I want a god-awful US adaptation. Which is dark and edgy. And the kids are teens and make bad pop cultural references all the time.

Not that I'd actually watch it or anything, but still.
Ew, no thanks. We got too many of those, as it is.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Can you smell what the Rock is cooking? It smells like shit, just like all of his movies lately. Would not be surprised at all if he demanded this movie be made.

Anyway.

It's sad that I think this actually looks pretty good. Hopefully it is actually good, and good enough to survive Gunn's purge.
Thing on its face.

"IT'S ON YOUR FAAACE !!"

Gets propelled in space.

"I AM IN SPAAACE !!"

Cuts a bus in half.

"I'VE CUT A BUS IN HAAAALF !!"

Yeah thanks. I already got 3 seasons of doctor who like that.

Also :

"whatever you can imagine i can create"

a sword.

"nice choice"

😑

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

If Van Damme isn't in it, then I don't give a shit.
As much as I love VD, the 1994 Street Fighter movie is a boring piece of crap, with only a few saving graces. We already have the best live action Street Fighter movie. And of course, the animated movie is the best Street Fighter movie ever. Unless they're adapting the second game or the Alpha series to start with, I really don't see the point.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
THOU SHALL NOT BLASPHEME!!!!!
Is it really blasphemy, when it's the truth? I love Raul Julia as much as the next person, but there's only so much he can do. A lot of that is the nostalgia talking. I fell asleep on this movie when it first released. Literally in the theater. I fell asleep around the 45 minute mark. Sure Street Fighter 1994 is better than say, any by Uwe Bowel, the live-action RE films, live action Mario Brothers, that Silent Hill movie sequel everybody hates, and Mortal Kombat Annihilation, but that is not much of a milestone.

Raul Julia was a treasure. Also 99% of the reason to watch Street Fighter.
If I need my daily dose of Julia, that's why I'll just YouTube it. I am not going out of my way to buy a copy just to his scenes. I already have two great Street Fighter movies.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
s it really blasphemy, when it's the truth? I love Raul Julia as much as the next person, but there's only so much he can do.
I'm not talking about Raul Julia. I'm talking about the greatest action hero to ever grace the silver screen. JEAN CLAUDE MOTHERFUCKING VAN DAMME!!!!!

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm not talking about Raul Julia. I'm talking about the greatest action hero to ever grace the silver screen. JEAN CLAUDE MOTHERFUCKING VAN DAMME!!!!!

Van Damme is fine here (horribly miscast though), but it's nothing special, nor much you haven't seen before. His best video game movie is Double Impact. The best Double Dragon movie ever made. The problem with Street Fighter (1994), is that it's just a subpar GI Joe movie.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Van Damme is fine here (horribly miscast though), but it's nothing special, nor much you haven't seen before. His best video game movie is Double Impact. The best Double Dragon movie ever made. The problem with Street Fighter (1994), is that it's just a subpar GI Joe movie.
You should watch that video and check out the 5 reasons why the movie is so bad it's awesome. :D